Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Forcepoint CASB OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Forcepoint CASB is #11 ranked solution in CASB solutions. PeerSpot users give Forcepoint CASB an average rating of 6.4 out of 10. Forcepoint CASB is most commonly compared to Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps: Forcepoint CASB vs Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps. Forcepoint CASB is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.
Forcepoint CASB Buyer's Guide

Download the Forcepoint CASB Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Forcepoint CASB?

The Skyfence Cloud Gateway is a Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) that provides visibility and control over sanctioned and unsanctioned cloud apps to enable their safe and productive use. Organizations can use this cloud security service to discover SaaS applications in use and assess related risks. They can also enforce controls to prevent account-centric threats, meet compliance requirements, and protect user accounts and data in the cloud. With Imperva Skyfence, users get the apps they want and IT gets the visibility and control they need

Forcepoint CASB was previously known as Imperva Skyfence.

Forcepoint CASB Customers

Zions Bank, GE Healthcare, HomeAway, Logitech, Universal, California National Resources Agency and many mor

Forcepoint CASB Video

Forcepoint CASB Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Forcepoint CASB pricing:
"The pricing really depends on the size of the customer's business because it is price-relevant to the environment."

Forcepoint CASB Reviews

Edwin Eze Osiago - PeerSpot reviewer
Regional Solutions Manager (Sub-Sahara Africa) at Infodata
Reliable, easy to set up and offers good visibility
  • "The product offers an easy initial setup."
  • "Forcepoint removed the ability to scan for unsanctioned applications on the CASB."

What is our primary use case?

We are security-centered and security-conscious. It's more of a security thing for us, however, there are other environments that are more in compliance.

What is most valuable?

The visibility around the usage of cloud applications within my tenant is the most valuable aspect of the solution. The administrator gets visibility and control of these applications. Or for users, whether on-premise or not, whether using pocket devices or their IOD.

The price is good.

The product offers an easy initial setup.

It offers good scalability.

It's very stable.

What needs improvement?

It could be more robust, especially around custom applications. We've not really seen value around our custom applications, most especially when these applications are hosted on-premise. If there's a way Forcepoint can do something to ensure that the CASB also protects applications that are hosted on-premise, that would be ideal. Currently, basically, cloud-hosted applications, that are internet-facing are protected. If we can also have a CASB sit in front of our on-prem hosted applications, it would be massive.

Forcepoint removed the ability to scan for unsanctioned applications on the CASB. Initially, CASB used to have that feature where you can scan for the applications and be able to support unsanctioned applications being used by the user. They moved it to another product. If there is an opportunity to speak to the product managers and get some features back, that would be ideal.

We've been using the solution since the onset of Covid. We started using it around 2020.

Forcepoint CASB
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about Forcepoint CASB. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability is good. On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate it a nine. We haven't really had any issues with stability.

Before the deployment, we told Forecepoint what we want to achieve, the number of applications, the number of users, et cetera. They built a portal or a gateway for us that fits your needs and gives room for scalability. There's always room when they build it and the resources to allow for expansion.

Everybody uses the solution. We have about 2600 users.

We've been pleased with the technical support.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We've used Edwin Forcepoint Email, Web, and DLP. It's a product that we've become very acquainted with. We had a demo and it met the requirements. It was easy to make the choice to go with this solution at the end of the day.

The solution was straightforward and simple to set up.

Forcepoint sets up the gateway and gives you access to the portal, so all you need to do is onboard your applications. It's pretty, pretty easy. The onboarding of applications can happen in five minutes. You just onboard your applications, and then you begin to set policies for these applications.

We are getting a good return on investment at the moment.

The cost is moderate. It's not cheap and it's not really expensive. It actually helps us achieve what we want to achieve. The cost is a commercial rate however, we get the value of it.

The cost is around $100 per user per year.

What other advice do I have?

We're Forcepoint partners.

I'm not sure of the version we are using. We've recently had an upgrade.

Forcepoint has acquired Bitglass. If I had any CASB, I would've wished to swap Forcepoint and Forcepoint CASB with Bitglass. To my ultimate surprise, Forcepoint acquired Bitglass, which is just crazy. They're still in the process of migrating, doing that integration properly between both so that it becomes a single CASB. It's still in the pipeline. I was assured that by Q3 2022, that integration will be done.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. It has actually met almost all of my needs except for the App Discovery, which was moved to the web. Of course, we own the Forcepoint Web, so it's me doing App Discovery on the website instead of on the CASB side.

I get CASB to enforce my DLP policies. That's two different products. I set the policy on DLP and I push it into the CASB side and it enforces it. It's really, really cool, having your CASB and your Forcepoint DLP marry themselves or synchronize, and then one policy is pushed through across email, across the web, across DLP, and now across CASB.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Nikolay Dimitrov - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Cyber Security Engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Terrible technical support, and has latency and performance issues
  • "As it is based on AWS, it is not a problem."
  • "When using the Forcepoint CASB, and you are a remote worker, basically not in the office, you have to have an agent on your computer, a Forcepoint agent. However, with many other CASB solutions, they can integrate with MDM."

What is most valuable?

We work on CASB solutions to protect Salesforce and ServiceNow applications and app-based applications for the CASB solution - basically, for the technical applications.

What needs improvement?

We are not happy with the solution.

If you look at this kind of CASB solution or Palo Alto in-line solution, these solutions are integrated into the Secure Web Gateway or firewalls. Basically, the firewall with Palo Alto, or the secure gateway with Zscaler, the code-based secure gateway, it's also the CASB solution.

With Forcepoint, the secure gateways are separate from the CASB. So basically, this is one thing that is really impactful, that the Secure Web Gateways and the CASB solution are not one and the same basically. And in many cases, the secure gateways can take the user traffic and send it to the CASB, however, this ups the latency, basically. The Forcepoint CASB and the Forcepoint Secure Web Gateway should be under the same roof.

We've had latency and performance issues.

When using the Forcepoint CASB, and you are a remote worker, basically not in the office, you have to have an agent on your computer, a Forcepoint agent. However, with many other CASB solutions, they can integrate with MDM. If the device is in there in the MDM, there's no need for another agent to be installed on the computer.

I've been using the solution for a year and a half.

Due to the fact that the traffic has to be sent to the CASB solution from the secured gateways, there are latency and performance issues.

As it is based on AWS, it is not a problem. When it's a core solution, it will auto-scale.

We have to actually migrate to Microsoft. At the moment, almost no one is on it.

Previously about 1,000 users were on it.

Forcepoint technical support was not very good. It was some of the worst support I ever have dealt with.

Basically, they either didn't have the knowledge or behaved really badly. Many times when I started working with engineers, they tried to convince me that it was a configuration issue. When I'd ask them, "Show me where is the configuration issue, I'm giving you access?" They'll say "Oh, don't talk like that. If you want to find another engineer." However, when someone tells you it's a configuration issue, the most logical thing to do is show them the configuration and they should show you where the issue is. Yet, when they see that I'm not backing down and trying to physically show it's not a configuration issue, they become aggressive.

Also not with CASB, however, with Secure Gateway, when you use the cloud, the cloud solution picks up some issues for that cell traffic, and they tried to convince me it was a configuration issue for two months. After two months, I found on my traffic a bug, and they said, "No, another customer has this bug." So they were not admitting to issues for two months even though they knew about it. In general, my experience is really off with support.

We have completely migrated to Microsoft Cloud security.

I did not handle the initial setup. It was implemented before my time at the company.

The solution is a medium-expensive product. Basically, it's not the most expensive, however, it's not the cheapest. It's medium, let's say. Palo Alto is a little bit more expensive, yet a much better product. For example, Zscaler is a little bit more expensive. Zscaler enforces the CASB policies at the same place, as the Secure Web Gateway forces them.

What other advice do I have?

I was a customer of Forcepoint.

I don't know if they offer CASB appliances, or if they just use a cloud-based solution.

I'd advise users to find a different solution.

I'd rate the solution three out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Forcepoint CASB
September 2022
633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Professional Services Coordinator at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Needs better backend code, requires stronger technical support, and the initial setup should be easier
  • "The most valuable aspect for us is the fact that the product seamlessly integrates with the Forcepoint DLP."
  • "The solution needs to be easier to install, and they need to clean up the backend, so stuff doesn't break."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to protect data going out of cloud applications.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect for us is the fact that the product seamlessly integrates with the Forcepoint DLP.

The web and DLP are very stable.

What needs improvement?

There's lots of room for improvement with the product as a lot of the backend code hasn't been kept up with very well. They break it, and they don't fix it right. It's starting to shape up a little bit, as they went with new gateways that we're using. However, if I was to sell a CASB product brand new to somebody, I would sell them Netskope. I wouldn't sell them Forcepoint. That's just dealing with the backend; it still needs some time to mature.

Forcepoint got acquired this year by another company, so they're going through a lot. They've lost a bunch of people, and therefore, they're kind of going through some growing pains again.

The solution needs to be easier to install, and they need to clean up the backend, so stuff doesn't break. That's been the biggest problem.

I've dealt with the solution since it came out originally, which was about three or so years ago. We've used it since the very beginning.

In terms of stability, the Web and DLP are very stable. The email product is actually, stable, however, it's going to be sunsetted. They're trying to move everything to their cloud solution, which is Web and DNP and email in the cloud. That seems to be going better than it was about six months ago. They had some issues, however, it's starting to go in the right direction.

They've redone their cloud recently as well and since then, everything has been more stable.

It's very scalable. They use endpoints, so however many endpoints you have, they can handle. They redid their cloud about six months ago. It's been a lot more scalable as of late.

We are often in touch with technical support. The quality comes and goes, depending on how many people they keep at a time. Sometimes, the tech support will be pretty good for about a month, and then they'll lose some people. That means they have to go and retrain new employees which can make quality go down. It's not consistent.

I'm familiar with Netskope CASB, which was actually born as a CASB. From the ground up, it was created as a CASB product. It is much more mature, not only on the backend but in the GUI. It's easier to deal with and easier for an admin to create policies and lookup logs and such. Even the setup is easier. The administration is easier. The backend is more robust, as they have more POPs throughout the world, and they own their own POPs. They don't depend on AWS or Azure or Google.

The initial setup could be easier. It's not exactly straightforward. If you're one of the one installing it, you need to make sure you have enough support lines ready to go.

You don't need too many people for maintenance. If a company has CASB, and Web Security, and Email, they would typically want a person for each of them. That's not always the case. Usually, it's more like two people that would take care of three or four different solutions.

What other advice do I have?

We're a partner and reseller.

As we use the cloud deployment, we find that we are always on the latest version. They automatically keep it updated.

I'd rate the solution at a four out of ten.

Chief Technology Officer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Geared towards medium and enterprise businesses, variable pricing structure, integration needs improvement
  • "Generally, most of our customers are happy with it though."
  • "Integration is an area of the solution that needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We provide solutions to our consumers.

What is most valuable?

Each of our customers has different requirements it is difficult to say which is most valuable.

What needs improvement?

Integration is an area of the solution that needs to be improved.

I have been dealing with this product for approximately one year.

Our customers are medium and enterprise size businesses mainly. Small business customers don't really look at this solution unless they have purchased a Microsoft E5 and they have started to use the solution for that.

The deployment of the product is harder than some of the other competitors.

The pricing really depends on the size of the customer's business because it is price-relevant to the environment. If you are a large business customer, it may be overpriced but different smaller enterprises have found it not too expensive. However, I think the cost could be a little cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

There are a variety of solutions and features that our customers require. They normally go either with integration or reporting, these are the two components that they will pick one solution or another over.

I do not have as many customers running this solution as I do other products. Generally, most of our customers are happy with it though.

I rate Forcepoint CASB a seven out of ten.

Download our free Forcepoint CASB Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022