Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Md.Jasim Uddin - PeerSpot reviewer
Assistant Manager at Cosmopolitan Communications Limited
Good protection with reasonable pricing and good data encryption capabilities
  • "The pricing is good."
  • "While we see dangers within our security system, it would help if there were popups that could immediately alert us or the user of the endpoint that something was detected."

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution primarily for endpoint security. In Bangladesh, I can choose the immediate endpoint security that I've installed for the channel. I went for online protection.

What is most valuable?

The protection on offer is good.

The solution allows for data encryption, which is helpful.

The pricing is good.

The solution is scalable.

The stability has been decent.

What needs improvement?

While we see dangers within our security system, it would help if there were popups that could immediately alert us or the user of the endpoint that something was detected. That way, you have an immediate warning and have to think about if you want to continue what you are doing or not. Right now, it's too slow to react, rather, allows us to react too slowly.

The performance could be better.

I've been working with the solution for the last couple of months. It hasn't been that long just yet.

ESET Endpoint Security
October 2022
Learn what your peers think about ESET Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2022.
635,162 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Aside from not having immediate alerts to potential dangers, the solution is stable.

The solution can scale just fine.

Right now, the use is limited. We've only had it for a few months.

Currently, we're not using any technical support. Although we might in the future, I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are right now. I've never contacted them.

The pricing of the product is fair. We don't find it to be overly expensive or unreasonable.

I've tried other endpoint security trials and have found ESET to be superior.

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer and an end-user. I don't have a business relationship with ESET.

At this time, I only have it on my workstation.

The product is good for most endpoints, including laptops and desktops and works well with iOS and Windows systems.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. I've been happy with the results I've gotten so far.

Tarkan GU - PeerSpot reviewer
Project Manager at BEMSIS INFORMATICS LTD.
Straightforward setup, stable, and suitable for clients who need a more complex model of security technology
  • "Primarily used to protect computers from viruses and ransomware."
  • "There are some complexities if you want to manipulate the software."

What is our primary use case?

ESET Endpoint Security is primarily used to protect computers from viruses and ransomware.

What needs improvement?

The main feature that could be included in the next release is protection from crypto attacks.

We have been using this solution for fifteen years. We have some clients that use various ESET Endpoint products, and we provide regular subscription renewals for our clients.

We deploy on-premises because our clients prefer it.

It is a stable product, considering we have been using it for 15 years.

It is somewhat scalable. However, if you need just a few licenses, you sometimes have to buy more than you need. They are sold in packs, bundles and even five-user licenses, so if someone wants to get one license, they may have to buy five, which isn't logical.

We have used the technical support a little bit but more for security purposes.

We have used different solutions and are not necessarily tied to only ESET solutions. It depends on the requirements of the client. For example, ESET EndPoint Security is suitable for clients who need a more complex model of security technology. This solution is good for clients if they have a firewall like Sophos or Sophos Antivirus integrated into their firewall.

The initial setup was straightforward and not difficult. There are some complexities if you want to manipulate the software, but in terms of setup, it's not complex. I rate the setup experience a two out of ten, with ten being the most complicated.

What other advice do I have?

Regarding price policy, we prefer to get quotes in Turkish dollars, not in USD. For example, Sophos provides us quotations in Turkish dollars, and then we calculate the price in USD for our clients. It's much better if ESET quotes in a local currency, especially for software. Hardware may be more challenging to sell in a local currency. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

ESET Endpoint Security
October 2022
635,162 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Information Security Engineer at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Quality signature-based detection, priced well, but EPP and EDR should be combined
  • "This solution has a traditional antivirus, I believe that signature-based detection is most valuable."
  • "We are looking to move towards an EDR solution rather than EPP. EDR is a solution that can dynamically detect threats based on the process behavior. It would be better if this solution was an EDR and an EPP solution, this would increase security protection."

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution for the detection and mitigation of threats.

What is most valuable?

This solution has a traditional antivirus, I believe that signature-based detection is most valuable.

What needs improvement?

We are looking to move towards an EDR solution rather than EPP. EDR is a solution that can dynamically detect threats based on the process behavior. It would be better if this solution was an EDR and an EPP solution, this would increase security protection.

The solution is on-premise and many of our agents if they are out of the network, can hardly communicate.

I have been using the solution for three years.

The stability depends on the use case. Based on our organization, it is not that reliable. We do require some more advanced endpoint security solution such as the EDR capability.

The scalability is very good. If you need to increase the number of systems then it is flexible and able to be scaled. We have approximately 500 users using the solution in my organization.

I have experienced great customer support from the solution, they were responsive.

The installation was complicated.

The solution was implemented by our IT infrastructure team. I am not aware of what challenges they had faced, but they had faced a number of challenges.

The license is annually, and the price is low compared to competitors.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution only if they can add additional features. ESET have an EDR capable solution. However, they should combine the EPP and EDR together. When they can be simultaneously used I think it will be better and more towards perfection.

I rate ESET Endpoint Security a six out of ten.

architect, owner at Holnaphaz
Easy to install, stable, and provides antivirus protection
  • "I like everything about ESET Endpoint Security, and as an installer, it's very easy to install the solution, but the most important feature is that it helps defend against any virus. When the virus comes, ESET Endpoint Security stops it."
  • "In terms of areas for improvement, I didn't see any from ESET Endpoint Security because what's important is that it works as an antivirus solution. I do find its pricing expensive here in Hungary, so if the price could be lower, that would be good. ESET Endpoint Security is an antivirus, so it only needs to stop the virus. If it had other features, I wouldn't need it. Every program or solution has specific functions and in this case, ESET Endpoint Security is worth it as an antivirus, though in the next release of the solution, it would be better if there's some improvement in its antivirus database."

What is most valuable?

I like everything about ESET Endpoint Security, and as an installer, it's very easy to install the solution, but the most important feature is that it helps defend against any virus. When the virus comes, ESET Endpoint Security stops it.

What needs improvement?

In terms of areas for improvement, I didn't see any from ESET Endpoint Security because what's important is that it works as an antivirus solution. I do find its pricing expensive here in Hungary, so if the price could be lower, that would be good.

ESET Endpoint Security is an antivirus, so it only needs to stop the virus. If it had other features, I wouldn't need it. Every program or solution has specific functions and in this case, ESET Endpoint Security is worth it as an antivirus, though in the next release of the solution, it would be better if there's some improvement in its antivirus database.

I've worked with ESET Endpoint Security for twenty years, and I've dealt with it over the last twelve months.

ESET Endpoint Security is a stable product.

I'm unsure of how scalable ESET Endpoint Security is.

I didn't have a need for ESET Endpoint Security technical support, so I didn't contact the support team.

The initial setup or installation for ESET Endpoint Security is very easy.

Pricing for ESET Endpoint Security could be lower because here in Hungary, it's expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I'm an installer of ESET Endpoint Security, particularly its latest version.

I'm rating ESET Endpoint Security eight out of ten. I'm not giving it a ten because the solution, being just an antivirus, doesn't do anything for me.

I'm a customer of ESET Endpoint Security.

Founder/President at Chameleon Technology S.A.
Fast virus detection, powerful firewall, and stability exceptional
  • "I would say that this solution has the best support team in this kind of Endpoint protection product."
  • "In the future, a cloud version of the solution would be great."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution as an antivirus, a local firewall, and anti-malware protection.

What is most valuable?

The best features of this solution are the fast anti-malware and antivirus detection, and the powerful local firewall.

What needs improvement?

In the future, a cloud version of the solution would be great. The interface is too complicated, our clients contact us because they are not able to do some tasks such as updating. In addition, updating the toolkit and detection feature would be advantageous.

I have been using the solution for three years.

The stability is the best.

A lot of our customers are small businesses but we did not have issues with scalability with the solution.

I would say that this solution has the best support team in this kind of Endpoint protection product.

The setup is complicated, there are too many elements to configure.

One of our customers who was scheduled to renew 120 licenses in March, is evaluating other solutions because they must have one that is fully in the cloud. ESET is AWS implementation, it is not a true cloud solution.

We have some other customers that are evaluating other solutions such as Broadcom, Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky, and Microsoft. Additionally, some of our larger business customers with more users are evaluating F-Secure.

If I was to compare ESET and Symantec, one of the enormous differences is Symantec provides a cloud version.

What other advice do I have?

We have had a reduction of customers for this product do to the pandemic slowing down operations.

I rate ESET Endpoint Security an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
ILAN SCHWARTZ - PeerSpot reviewer
CIO at Getter group LTD
Very good endpoint feature, simple to use, and a reasonable price
  • "The solution has a very good endpoint feature."
  • "The feature is somewhat lacking in security protection."

What is our primary use case?

We are customers and resellers of ESET.

What is most valuable?

We use all the features that ESET offers, and I particularly like the endpoint feature.

What needs improvement?

We are constantly facing new threats and if ESET could incorporate an implementable feature that wouldn't require us to buy an additional product to protect the endpoint, that would be very good.

I've been using this solution for almost four years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable, we've implemented it in every workstation in the company. We have close to 350 licenses. We have just one person dealing with maintenance, the solution updates every day from the internet. Any new upgrades self-implement.

Our administrator is usually the one that has contact with technical support. We can email them when necessary and we have a good relationship with them. It's very good for us.

We previously used a different endpoint solution but I don't remember the name. We switched for two reasons. Firstly, in the previous solution, the implementation of the different versions to the endpoint was a little complicated. And secondly, the price. ESET is a more reasonably priced solution for us.

I know that Cisco also has good endpoint products and it's something we would evaluate and consider. We'd like to see if it can be implemented in our company.

What other advice do I have?

It's important to read all the documentation as it will make implementation easier.

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

IT Manager at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Stable with good protection, good support, and easy to maintain
  • "The most valuable feature of this solution is the protection itself, which works well for us."
  • "Data Leak Protection is is what we are searching for at the moment. It is not included with ESET."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the management console, ESET Management Center with this suite, and we deploy ESET Endpoint to the PCs and servers.

What is most valuable?

I don't know what would need improvement. It's a fine solution for us. I don't know what could be better. There are many other solutions to compare with, but I don't know them.

With ESET we are content for now. It is what we need.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like to see DLP included. Data Leak Protection is what we are searching for at the moment. It is not included with ESET.

I have been working with ESET Endpoint Security for 10 years.

We are using one of the latest versions.

This solution is stable. We have not had any issues.

This is an area that we have not had to experience. It's enough for what have.

We have approximately 100 users in our organization.

We have contacted technical support and we are satisfied with them.

Previously, we used Norman, but it's only an antivirus. ESET is better.

We only require one person for the maintenance of this solution.

The price could be lower, but it's comparable, as other solutions have a similar price for the same effect.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate ESET Endpoint Security a nine out of ten.

CEO at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Excellent support, light on hardware resources, and allows us to create software and hardware inventory by using the console
  • "The software and hardware inventory that you can create by using the console is valuable. It is also very light on hardware resources."
  • "They can improve ransomware protection, and there should be cloud sandboxing for Mac."

What is our primary use case?

We use ESET to protect our company from evolving threats. We also use it to monitor activity in the network, have a hardware and software inventory, and automate some tasks such as running commands through a console and things like that.

What is most valuable?

The software and hardware inventory that you can create by using the console is valuable. It is also very light on hardware resources.

What needs improvement?

They can improve ransomware protection, and there should be cloud sandboxing for Mac.

I have been using this solution for many years.

It is stable on Windows and Mac.

It is easily scalable.

Their support is great and excellent.

It is easy to set up the solution. The duration depends on the number of endpoints and servers that you have. If you have many computers and you're using Active Directory, it generally takes less than a week.

What other advice do I have?

To set it up, choose a cloud. That's because it is easier to implement than on-premise, and you can use GPO to deploy the probe using Active Directory.

By using the console, you can uninstall antivirus from other companies, and you can also set up some alerts. If there is anything you need to look at, such as malware detection, you can schedule alerts via email.

I would rate ESET Endpoint Security a 10 out of 10.

Other
Download our free ESET Endpoint Security Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: October 2022