Assistant Researcher at CNRS
Stable with a quick installation process and good MDM features
  • "The solution has very useful MDM features."
  • "There are some new antivirus technologies that rely on AI, artificial intelligence. ESET does not have this technology right now."

What is our primary use case?

I install the solution in mobile devices to secure smartphones and to manage these devices as ESET has MDM, Mobile Device Management. I also use the product for data encryption.

What is most valuable?

I like the central console and the Cloud platform.

The solution has very useful MDM features.

The solution is quite stable. It offers good performance.

The solution scales well if you need it to.

I found the installation process to be quite quick.

What needs improvement?

There are some new antivirus technologies that rely on AI, artificial intelligence. ESET does not have this technology right now. Maybe it's going to. It would be ideal if they followed the lead of other products and added AI into their service offering in the future. Adding AI would allow them to add extra security and to have more intelligent protection services.

I've recently installed the product. It's only been a few days. I've tried the product before and have worked with it on and off over the last 10 to 12 years or so.

ESET Endpoint Security
December 2022
Learn what your peers think about ESET Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2022.
655,774 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability has been very good so far. It doesn't crash or freeze. I haven't noted any bugs or glitches. It's been good.

The product has the capability to scale. If a company needs to expand it, it should be able to do so without any issues.

I've only tried about ten devices so far, however. Therefore, I haven't really attempted to scale very much just yet. We have about 50 users on the solution right now. We do plan to increase usage in the future.

We don't have any experience with technical support. We've never used them. I can't speak to their level of knowledge or responsiveness.

We previously used Kaspersky.

The initial setup is not complex. It's pretty straightforward.

Overall, the deployment process is quick. It took a few minutes.

We have about three administrators that can handle any maintenance if it is required.

I handled the installation myself. I did not need a consultant or an integrator to assist me.

We do have to pay a license fee in order to use the solution. I can't speak to the exact costs.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure which version of the solution we are using. I don't have the version number on-hand. As I installed it a few days ago, it's likely I have downloaded the latest version.

I'd recommend the solution to other organizations. For the most part, we've had a very positive experience.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

Buchanan MI Tax Preparer at Helping Hands Accounting LLC
Reasonable solution that works in the background
  • "They do a program where you can renew for three years. It's very reasonable, as far as the cost per year, because you can renew for three years. They will also do multiple computers, so I actually protect all my family computers, as well as my work computers, all under one license. This means I only have to deal with re-upping my license once every three years. That's the big thing for me."
  • "It's not a huge thing, because it doesn't happen very often, but I'll notice sometimes, when there's a startup scan, the computer does bog down a little bit. However, this happens rarely."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for ESET Endpoint Security is internet security.

What is most valuable?

There are two things I like the most about ESET Endpoint Security. One, it's a seamless update. In other words, it updates all in the background. You don't have to restart your computer after an update. It takes care of itself, updates all the time, and stays up to date. It automatically installs those updates, similar to what Windows does.

The second biggest ESET Endpoint Security plus is the value. They do a program where you can renew for three years. It's very reasonable, as far as the cost per year, because you can renew for three years. They will also do multiple computers, so I actually protect all my family computers, as well as my work computers, all under one license. This means I only have to deal with re-upping my license once every three years. That's the big thing for me.

There is another nice ESET Endpoint Security feature: you can shut it off for 10 minutes and then turn it back on.

What needs improvement?

For the most part, I'm really satisfied with ESET Endpoint Security. It works in the background and that is one of the reasons that I went with this solution. It doesn't bog down my computer, for the most part. That's probably one of the things that could be improved. It's not a huge thing, because it doesn't happen very often, but I'll notice sometimes, when there's a startup scan, the computer does bog down a little bit. However, this happens rarely.

I've had ESET Endpoint Security on all my computers for four or five years, maybe even longer.

I have never really had the solution crash. It's super stable.

There have been some times that I've had problems connecting to different computers, but I resolved this issue by temporarily shutting off the solution for a few minutes.

ESET Endpoint Security's tech support is very responsive. I don't get an answer back from them in five minutes, but the few times that I've had to talk to somebody, for instance, for license renewal, I usually hear back within 24 hours. That's very responsive in my opinion.

I cover, I think, eight computers and it turns out to be right around $50 for three years. It's a very reasonable solution. I like that.

What other advice do I have?

Once you install it, it is very stable because you don't have to renew it every year. You just do an install and know you're protected. The installation is also hassle-free.

Overall, I would give this solution a nine out of 10 for performance.

ESET Endpoint Security
December 2022
655,774 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Programme Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Affordable and easy to use but needs to offer better integration capabilities
  • "The product is quite affordable."
  • "The integration capabilities might be lacking a bit."

What is our primary use case?

We're using it for the management of our staff, their laptops, and endpoint devices. We're not using it for any mobile devices, such as phones or tablets. Instead, we're using it for the endpoint protection and security of endpoint devices like laptops specifically.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to use and simple to navigate.

The product is quite affordable.

The implementation process is nice and easy.

What needs improvement?

It may be a bit early to tell if there is anything lacking. I'm still getting myself oriented... We're using it for some of its basic features. However, as we get to use it and understand its broader feature-set and experience, there might be more to comment on in terms of improvement requests.

It would be ideal if it could detect threats sooner.

The integration capabilities might be lacking a bit. We were expecting it to be a bit more robust.

We've been using the solution for the past three months.

We have about 15 people using the product in our office.

We've never used technical support. We go through our partners if we need any assistance. Therefore, I can't speak to how helpful or responsive their support would be.

The solution was pretty simple to set up. It was quite quick as well. I'd say it's quite easy to install and implement.

You don't need too many people to deploy and maintain the solution. We might have about three or so people who can handle those duties. Of course, then there were people from our side involved in defining some of those policies, et cetera.

We had one of our partners assist us with the implementation process.

The pricing is very reasonable. We do have to pay for a license. We have purchased a yearly license for ESET.

We did not look at other solutions prior to choosing this product. We had some machines that were well protected and some that weren't. Some came with some basic antiviruses, some didn't have anything or some were expired. Overall, we probably weren't really using anything, at least on a standard basis.

What other advice do I have?

We are customers or end-users. We don't have a business relationship with ESET.

Since the solution is cloud-based, we're always using the most up-to-date version.

In general, I would rate the solution at a seven out of ten. We still need time to explore it as it's still quite new.

I'd recommend the solution to other users or companies.

Crewmem67 - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Consultant at College Notre Dame de Nazareth
Secure, reasonably priced, and reliable
  • "This solution does not slow down your systems. It is very light."
  • "While the pricing is good, they could always lower it a bit."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is an antivirus. It's for security. It protects us against hacking attempts.

What is most valuable?

I really like the solution and how it works. It's very secure.

It is very easy to set up.

The solution can scale.

It is very stable.

This solution does not slow down your systems. It is very light.

What needs improvement?

There is nothing to be improved right now.

While the pricing is good, they could always lower it a bit.

I've used the solution for ten years. I've used the product for a while. It may have been even longer.

The stability is excellent. It's reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The product can scale quite well. It's not a problem.

We have about 11 people (or a bit less) on the solution right now. We only have 11 stations and, therefore, will not need to increase usage anytime soon.

We haven't had to contact anyone from ESET. The solution just works. We don't need support. I might have called them once, a long time ago, for a client.

We use ESET or Avast typically. That's all. I know of Kaspersky and it is a very bad antivirus. I don't like it. I don't know why. I find lots of bugs in this software. Symantec, I'm aware of it, however, I don't use it. It's very hard for the computer. McAfee is good for beginners.

We used to use Symantec and Norton. We switched from Symantec and Norton as they are very heavy on the computer. They slowed everything down.

The initial setup is effortless and straightforward. It's not overly complex or difficult. It only takes five minutes to deploy everything. It's very simple and very fast.

After ten years, we haven't really had to worry about too much maintenance.

We are able to handle the setup in-house. We did not need any outside assistance from any integrators or consultants.

I have not seen any ROI at this point.

We do have a license for the product. We buy it online.

The cost is pretty reasonable. I'd rate it four out of five in terms of affordability. They could always lower the costs a little bit.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the product. All my clients are using ESET.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten. We recommend it to others all the time.

Claudio Dosio - PeerSpot reviewer
ICT Manager at Land srl
Responsive technical support, scalability with small customers well defined, with a good interface
  • "The product is good and has a good interface."
  • "Dual management for the customer, who needs to access the local on-premise console from a remote cloud-based console."

What is most valuable?

The normal security tracking and the real-time warning of viruses or possible threats. We have not currently used the Dynamic Scanner option to set it up for their servers to be checked, but we are planning on activating that on some of our computers. The reports and the data received by the ESET console to feed also our order management tools. The CMDB that we use and have a unique solution, a unique point that oversees all the solutions we have.

What needs improvement?

The price could be a little lower and the deployment process could be easier.
Dual management for the customer, who needs to access the local on-premise console from a remote cloud-based console.

I have been using ESET Endpoint Security for the past few months.

We have not had any issues with the stability of ESET Endpoint Security.

We are currently happy with the scalability of ESET Endpoint Security.  We are using it with some of our small customers and are not having any issues.

Technical support is very good. Well, truthfully, we did not have any big issues, so we do not know if there is a real case, or what would happen, but so far, they have been very helpful and they resolved our problems in several hours.

The deployment is complex and not very easy to use for most people. You need to be a well-informed IT person for deployment.

The product is good. It has a good interface, but it was not as straightforward as we expected to deploy to the first computers, compared, for example, to the Kaspersky Security Center. You have complete many steps to manage to deploy it. Kaspersky was more efficient, more, let's call it, Adobe-proof.

We found good pricing because we did a trade-off between Kaspersky to ESET.  They were very helpful to gain a customer at this moment in time, but the full price is probably a little higher than most other solutions.

I think that from the user perspective, it is very similar to Kaspersky. They don't have major differences. Maybe ESET has the Dynamic Scanner option which is something that Kaspersky does not have. That might be a plus towards the Zero-day issues that can come over, but so far, we did not have any use for it. We hope not to have any needs, even in the future.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate ESET Endpoint Security an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Penetration tester at KNBS (Kenya National Bureau of Statistics)
Simple to set up with reasonable pricing and good support
  • "It's scalable."
  • "The interface is good. However, it could always be better. It could be more user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution as an antivirus.

I'm able to scan the network really easily and I'm able to see the vulnerabilities that are there. It's really, really safe. I can always be sure that if I have malware, it's going to detect it for me. With this product, we can figure out the solution real quick.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for me is that it is a reliable security solution with multiple layers of technology that can detect, neutralize, and remove malware.

The setup is simple.

It's scalable.

Technical support has been helpful.

We find the price of the solution reasonable.

What needs improvement?

The speed of response of technical support could be faster. In business, everything happens really quickly, and we need them to be able to keep up.

I've been using the solution for about a year.

The solution is stable and reliable. There are no bugs or glitches, and it doesn't crash or freeze. The updates are regular as well.

The solution is very scalable.

I'm using it for my personal machine, and I've also installed it for about 30 people in our company, for work in progress. I expect to install it for many other employees. We, therefore, do plan to increase usage.

Technical support is pretty good. We have been happy with their assistance.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The solution is very easy to set up and implement. It's not complex or difficult.

I'd rate the solution five out of five in terms of ease of setup.

It took me less than one hour to put it on my machine.

We have six people that are able to handle deployment and maintenance tasks. They are managers, engineers, and support.

I set up the solution myself, in-house. I have not had any outside help from integrators or consultants.

It is affordable. It's not overly expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I'm using the latest version of the product.

I'd advise potential new users to try the free trial and to experience the business security tools it offers. If they like the features presented to them, they could just go ahead and get it. It really, really helps in the detection of ransomware, zero-day threats, basically anything cyber security related.

I'd rate the product eight out of ten. I would recommend the solution to others.

IT Management and owner at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Easy to maintain with a nice user interface and good support
  • "The maintenance is easy."
  • "They should focus more on the offline market as well. Everybody is connected nowadays, and they want to do everything via cloud or fast internet connections, however, that's still not possible in many situations."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for endpoint security. It's used to keep our computers virus free. That's the main use case.

What is most valuable?

It has an easy user interface. The manageability is also easy.

It's low on system resources.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

The solution is generally affordable.

Support has been helpful and responsive.

The maintenance is easy.

What needs improvement?

The API integration with our system should be better.

I've been using the solution for 15 years at this point.

The stability and reliability are very good. I'd rate it five out of five. There are no issues with bugs or glitches.

We have 30,000 people on the solution currently. Pretty much everyone uses it.

It's very easy to scale up with the product and also very easy to scale down again as well.

I'd rate the scalability five out of five.

Technical support has been very good overall.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup was very easy. It's not complex to deploy.

We only had three engineers involved in the implementation. It was a small team.

The deployment was quick. We had everything done in a day.

We only really need one person to maintain the solution.

We handled the initial setup in-house. We didn't need outside assistance from any consultants or integrators.

We've seen ROI. It was pretty quickly realized as well.

The licensing is very flexible. It can be per month, per year, or licensed over several years. It's really whatever you want. We do it per month in our company.

We find it to be generally affordable. I'd rate it a five out of five in terms of affordability.

What other advice do I have?

We are partners with ESET on some products.

We are now on the latest version of the solution.

We use a mix of on-premises and cloud. The cloud deployment was introduced in the last year or so.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. I'd advise others to use the solution as it is easy to manage.

Hybrid Cloud

Other
Irad Dukad - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Manager at ducart
Easy to install with good technical support and good scalability
  • "It's a very user-friendly product."
  • "There are other features you can add on to help make the security stronger, however, they should offer better security even on a basic level."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for its antivirus capabilities. It offers us good security.

What is most valuable?

I like that it doesn't take a lot of resources from the workstation.

It's a very user-friendly product. We find it quite easy to use.

The product is very stable.

The scalability of the solution is quite good.

The installation is pretty straightforward.

We found the technical support to be very helpful and responsive.

What needs improvement?

The solution should continue to work on its security features. It needs to offer better protection to its user base. There are other features you can add on to help make the security stronger, however, they should offer better security even on a basic level.

I've been using the solution for about six years at this point. It's been a while. I have spent a good amount of time with the product.

We have found that the solution offers good performance is very stable. I can't recall coming across bugs or glitches. It doesn't seem to crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The scalability of the product is great. You can expand it if needed. A company shouldn't have any trouble with scaling.

Currently, we have about 150 users on the product.

We've dealt with technical support in the past. Our experience has been largely positive. they are good. They have been helpful and knowledgeable about the product. they respond in a timely manner. I have no complaints about their level of service.

We found the initial setup to be straightforward and simple in terms of execution. it's not too complex. I wouldn't describe the process as difficult.

The deployment is relatively quick. For each client, it takes a matter of minutes.

We have two technical people on staff that can handle the deployment and maintenance of the product.

We did use an integrator to assist us with the initial implementation. The experience overall was quite positive.

The solution does have add-ons that can drive up the price.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution. I can't speak to the exact version number, however.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

We've had a positive experience dealing with the solution. I would recommend it to other users, organizations, or companies.

Download our free ESET Endpoint Security Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: December 2022