Entuity OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Entuity is the #40 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give Entuity an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Entuity is most commonly compared to SolarWinds NPM: Entuity vs SolarWinds NPM. Entuity is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 27% of all views.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Entuity?
Entuity network management software continually monitors network bandwidth, network error rate and network congestion, which are all factors that impact overall network throughput. Events can be raised in response to abnormal traffic to allow remedial action before users are impacted. The Entuity network monitor continually evaluates network latency and network jitter to calculate MOS and ICPIF scores. Events can be raised when these scores are unacceptable for business application, voice and video performance. Key Features include: Root Cause Analysis, Event Management, Flow Monitoring & Analysis, Application Path Monitoring and Network Performance Monitoring.
Entuity Customers
Tait Communications, Vattenfall, Discovery, University of Minnesota, Pernod Ricard, Electric Car
Entuity Video

Entuity Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Entuity pricing:
  • "We have 400 licenses and we are only using 150 licenses."
  • "It varies and depends on the quantity. It's worth the cost."
  • "Entuity's licensing is very highly-priced."
  • Entuity Reviews

Amol Kotwal - PeerSpot reviewer
    Lead Consultant at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Outstanding support, simple installation, and good dashboard view
    • "I particularly like the theme and the dashboard that they have brought in this version. In the previous version, there was only a simple screen. There wasn't any dashboard. It was a simple view, but now, they have brought in a dashboard that gives the fields for the ops as well. They can get the data they want to see in a single place."
    • "Entuity currently has APIs, but they are not straightforward. They are not flexible if an external system wants to communicate with Entuity or create an integration that is not available out of the box. Its APIs can be flexible so that they can be utilized for external integrations that are not available out of the box."

What is our primary use case?

Primarily, we use it for network device monitoring. We monitor the CPU, memory, and performance metrics. We have set a threshold for them, and if any of those thresholds are reached, we receive an event, and then based on that, an incident gets created. So, monitoring the endpoints and their metrics is the primary use case.

What is most valuable?

Entuity's technical support is very good. They provide the right information at the right time.

In terms of features and capability. they don't stay on the older technology. Every quarter or in every version, they bring something new to the product. That is something customers are always looking for, and that's where they satisfy customers. When they invest in that product, the customers know that Entuity will be able to support whatever new comes in the future.

What needs improvement?

They can improve the number of supported devices. Currently, it supports all primary network devices, but when I was working with it about six months ago, we used to get a list of devices from the customer and we had to find out which one is supported and which one is not. If a device wasn't supported, we had to do some custom coding to collect some of the metrics. Most of the new devices must already be in their roadmap, but there might be some old ones that they aren't supporting but some of the customers are still using them. If they could support those devices, it would be great. Similarly, they could look into having a new technology for supporting the cloud.

I have used this product for more than five years, but I am not using it currently. I last used it six months ago.

Network Monitoring Software
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Park Place Technologies, SolarWinds, Broadcom and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: November 2022.
    653,584 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Its stability is good. It's stable in terms of accurately collecting the stats.

When I was working with it, it was supporting about 2,000 devices or ports. It could be set up to support more by planning ahead. For example, if you have 10,000 devices to monitor, that planning should be done in advance in order to scale. You need to plan in advance how you would distribute all those devices into the available number of servers. Otherwise, you won't be able to scale it because it has to go onto another server to keep the stability and performance intact.

I have worked on a couple of other technologies and tools, but Entuity stands out in terms of responsiveness. Whenever we raise a case, we get a prompt response from them. Their technical knowledge is very good. They know exactly what the issue is and what they need to do. They go straight forward to the resolution. If they can't find a solution, they involve their R&D to get it resolved quickly. They don't take much time. So, technically and in terms of being responsive, they're good. I would rate them a five out of five.

Positive

One of our customers had SolarWinds, but I haven't worked with this product or any other product.

It's simple and straightforward. We have the option to select what we want, and it's just a simple installation. It's easy for any user to install it. It's self-explanatory. I would rate its setup a five out of five because of its simplicity. I haven't seen any other product that is this simple.

In terms of maintenance, it doesn't need frequent maintenance. You have to take care of any new patches, which are usually on a quarterly basis. If there are any new fixes or features available, there are quarterly updates. It's simple to do those updates. You just need to reconfigure and install the patch. It's easy to maintain. It's not something for which you would have a downtime of a day. If you plan better, from a maintenance perspective, you could avoid long outages. The number of people required for maintenance depends on the setup. If you have a large setup, two people would be sufficient for maintenance. They should be at an expert level. They should know what they are doing.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it if it meets your requirements and has the features that you are looking for. If its pricing suits you, you shouldn't hesitate to go for it.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

AANKITGUPTAA - PeerSpot reviewer
    Consultant at Pi DATACENTERS
    Useful network mapping, detailed infrastructure information, and flexible
    • "The most valuable feature of Entuity is network mapping and information. When clicking on a particular location it can automatically survey the connectivity diagram for us. We can arrange this icon in any kind of formats, such as ring or mesh. The networking mapping can show the components and interconnectivity with the help of IP addresses and NetFlow."
    • "The configuration of the logging could be improved because if someone deleted any note or inventory, or some change to the inventory, we are not able to identify which user or which administrator modifies these details. For example, there should be read-only locks on maps to prevent their deletion. This way people can only read and cannot delete that particular map."

What is our primary use case?

Entuity is used as a network monitoring tool. We can receive extensive insight regarding our network. We are able to utilize different routers or any network device interface. We are able to receive the connectivity reports and rounded time reports. We have over one hundred locations deployed, and all the routers are monitored with the help of Entuity.

How has it helped my organization?

Entuity has helped our organization by allowing us to visualize our network.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Entuity is network mapping and information. When clicking on a particular location it can automatically survey the connectivity diagram for us. We can arrange this icon in any kind of format, such as ring or mesh. The networking mapping can show the components and interconnectivity with the help of IP addresses and NetFlow.

With the help of Entuity, we can integrate with our ticketing tools. We are using BNC ITSM. When there are events happening in the network, it can easily pull these messages into the BNC ITSM ticket tool. We can relay the ticketing tool and it has good functions in Entuity.

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement in the integration with other tools, such as firewalls and other networking tools. All the traffic should be directly visible with the help of Entuity because nowadays we require very particular dashboards for the visualization of network traffic. The geographical map should show which IP address belongs to what and from which area and the communication that happens. This kind of interactive dashboard should be there for the mapping visualization of communication. This way I would be better able to visualize what is happening in the network.

I have been using Entuity for approximately seven years.

Entuity is a stable solution. We have not had any problems in the time we have used it.

The scalability of Entuity is good. If we want to have more nodes we only need to purchase more licenses.

We have network monitoring teams using the solution. We have five or six people who do shift work using the solution.

We do not plan to increase the use of the solution, we have enough licenses at this time.

After the deployment, we did not use the support from Entuity. There was plenty of support documentation on the portal that made the technical support not necessary.

Positive

I did not use another solution prior to Entuity.

The initial setup of Entuity was not complex. We have it deployed in two servers, one is designed to do an application dashboard and the other is for an Entuity database. It took approximately two weekends to build or deployed.  Entuity uses SNMP protocol which means every device is pegged SNMP. So it is easy to configure and it is easy to add all the inventories in the Entuity. It's a very flexible tool, easy to configure, and to add all the inventories.

We deployed Entuity with our partner.

We have seen an ROI from using Entuity. The reports have been very useful.

We have 400 licenses and we are only using 150 licenses.

We did evaluate other options, such as an open-source solution.

What other advice do I have?

This solution does not require a lot of maintenance because it is very stable. We have not encountered any issues with Entuity. We have had to increase the size of the database and hardware of the servers but this is not regular maintenance.

We are able to receive a visualized monitoring of the network infrastructure which is very helpful.

I rate Entuity a nine out of ten.

Network Monitoring Software
    November 2022
    653,584 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    SiddharthSinha - PeerSpot reviewer
    Chief Executive Officer at Kinsfolk Technology Private Limited
    Best support, a lot of functionalities, and very easy to use
    • "The best thing about Entuity is that it's easy to use. It's user-friendly. It's intuitive and easy to customize as per your needs."
    • "It should support IPAM or IP Address Management. When it comes to the network, IP Address Management is a feature for which we have to use a different solution. When we are managing networks, if IPAM also becomes a part of this, we do not have to look for a separate solution."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for monitoring our network.

How has it helped my organization?

We went for this solution because it comes with a lot of features. It's an all-in-one solution, which means we don't have to go for multiple solutions.

It provides real-time alarms. In case of any disruptions that can happen in the network, it provides proactive alarms. It provides the entire topology, which is very useful, and we can see alerts from the topology. It gives us insights into where exactly we should be focusing. The reports are also good. It has a report builder tool.

It also has asset management functionality, which is really useful. When the network is large, it becomes very difficult to manage assets. So, we get a lot of functionalities, such as NetFlow visibility and configuration management, in this one tool. Otherwise, we would have to go for multiple products available in the market.

What is most valuable?

It's also a very stable product. I haven't faced any issues.

What needs improvement?

I would like them to look into the expansion of software-defined networks or SD-WAN and also deep packet inspection. It does do that, but it can do more.

They could also have artificial intelligence (AI) in the roadmap. In case of any issues, it would help if they have something built in for triage and remediation.

It should support IPAM or IP Address Management. When it comes to the network, IP Address Management is a feature for which we have to use a different solution. When we are managing networks, if IPAM also becomes a part of this, we do not have to look for a separate solution.

It has been about 11 years.

It's very stable.

It's scalable. Currently, our entire network team is using it. We have over 10 people on our team.

We have contacted them during operational testing. Their support is one of the best that we've seen. I would rate them a five out of five.

Positive

It's easy. The deployment duration varies. The deployment of Entuity might finish within a month or two months time, but the more you use it, the more it will evolve or enhance. Like any enterprise software, you need to tweak it a little bit so that it adapts to your environment, which is a continuous exercise, but from a deployment perspective, one to two months' time is good enough.

It varies and depends on the quantity. It's worth the cost.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. It is easy to use. You don't need much training to start it. You will realize its value from the start only. You will have whatever you are looking for at your fingertips.

I would rate it a nine out of ten. The reason is that it's easy to use and quick to deploy, and it gives a lot of insights.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Customer/Partner
    Shivkrishna Vengal - PeerSpot reviewer
    BMC Remedy Consultant at a energy/utilities company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    A good, user friendly network monitoring tool that is easy to deploy, but lacks in back up functionality
    • "We find the SurePath component of this solution to be very valuable, as it gives us the path to whatever we are configuring."
    • "We would like the backup element of this solution to be improved as, at present, it is very limited and does not have much scope for customization."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for monitoring all network related components, such as switches, routers, access points, and the firewall.

What needs improvement?

We would also like to see the NetFlow feature of this product be developed, so that the reporting can be filtered at subnet levels.

We have been using this solution for nearly two years.

This is a very stable product, in our experience.

We have found this to be an easily scalable solution.

We find the support for this solution to be good.

Neutral

We switched to this solution for its easy integration capabilities, which allows us to have a centralized dashboard for ticketing, follow-ups, assignments, etc.

The initial setup of this solution is very easy, and the deployment took two days to complete.

What other advice do I have?

We recommend organizations carry out pre-planning on the implementation phase, to ensure that the size of project is understood.

This is a very user friendly solution, that is good for user access, allowing deep dives into devices, system performance and more. Once implemented it can be used within minutes and it is easy to add remote devices.

We would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

Mohamed Tarek - PeerSpot reviewer
    Technical Consultant at Intercom Enterprises
    Simple and quick initial setup, and stable
    • "The initial setup of Entuity is easy and the full process took approximately 30 minutes."
    • "Entuity can improve the fetching of device configuration. The solution uses scripts and I could not understand them or find any recourses on the internet to learn about the language that is used in the script. It could be more user-friendly and the device configuration management could be enhanced."

What is our primary use case?

I am using Entuity to monitor the health and status of devices and to receive configurations from them.

What is most valuable?

I am fully satisfied with all of Entuity.

What needs improvement?

Entuity can improve the fetching of device configuration. The solution uses scripts and I could not understand them or find any recourses on the internet to learn about the language that is used in the script. It could be more user-friendly and the device configuration management could be enhanced.

In a future release, it would be useful if they could add a packet sniffer. that could perform a deep packet inspection in Entuity instead of doing it with another solution.

I have been using Entuity for approximately eight months.

The stability of Entuity is good.

Entuity is scalable.

I am the only one using this solution in my company.

I have not used the support.

The initial setup of Entuity is easy and the full process took approximately 30 minutes.

There is a license required to use this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would encourage others to use Entuity, as it's powerful and user-friendly.

I rate Entuity an eight out of ten.

Developer Manager at ESFI Technologies
    Reseller
    Useful user-interface, scalable, and excellent support
    • "One of the most valuable features of Entuity is the user interface."
    • "Entuity could improve by having more integration because now network management is not a standalone solution. You have to integrate it with your network, applications, and everything else. We have to collect that information from those solutions or relevant managers. Additionally, the SLA dashboard should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Entuity is used as a network management solution.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features of Entuity is the user interface.

What needs improvement?

Entuity could improve by having more integration because now network management is not a standalone solution. You have to integrate it with your network, applications, and everything else. We have to collect that information from those solutions or relevant managers. Additionally, the SLA dashboard should be improved.

The integration point is very important because there are a lot of third-party, open-source, solutions on the market, such as Kubernetes, and until you pick up the data from one of them, they cannot be correlated and you cannot currently have the comprehensive single dashboard that is required.

I have been using Entuity for approximately six months.

The stability of Entuity is good. It is a very mature solution.

Entuity is scalability, you can manage 5,000 devices from a single box.

The support from Entuity is very good.

I rate the support from Entuity a five out of five.

My clients have received a good return on investment.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others and I would suggest they try it out.

I rate Entuity a seven out of ten.

Prabhat Chandra - PeerSpot reviewer
    Technical Lead at Tech Mahindra
    User-friendly and easy to manage
    • "Entuity's best feature is its ability to monitor a large number of devices."
    • "In the most recent versions, Entuity has removed the Explorer navigation feature. This was very useful, and Entuity would be improved by restoring it."

What is our primary use case?

Entuity is mainly used to monitor networking devices.

What is most valuable?

Entuity's best feature is its ability to monitor a large number of devices.

What needs improvement?

In the most recent versions, Entuity has removed the Explorer navigation feature. This was very useful, and Entuity would be improved by restoring it. Entuity's internal coding also tends to lag and crash. In the next release, Entuity should add support for more devices.

I've been using Entuity for more than five years.

Entuity is stable.

Entuity is scalable.

Entuity's technical support is helpful but doesn't provide estimates for when a resolution will be offered.

The initial setup was a little complex, and the deployment was slower than with earlier versions.

Entuity's licensing is very highly-priced.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Entuity to other users as it's user-friendly and easier to manage than other solutions. I would rate Entuity eight out of ten.