Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Kumar Mahadevan - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Infrastructure Analyst at AG Group
Powerful, graphical, good customer support and full featured
  • "You have dashboards, it is visual, there are maps, you can create canvases. It's more visual than anything that I've ever used."
  • "I have not been using the solution for many years to know exactly the improvements needed. However, they could simplify how the YML files have to be structured properly."

What is our primary use case?

I am using this product for a SIM solution.

What is most valuable?

Their anomaly detection engine is really good for example, compared to SolarWinds. You can ingest different pipelines. You have dashboards, it is visual, there are maps, you can create canvases. It's more visual than anything that I've ever used.

What needs improvement?

I have not been using the solution for many years to know exactly the improvements needed. However, they could simplify how the YML files have to be structured properly. If you want to ingest certain logs, you need to edit the YML file and connect it to your modules to start ingesting and parsing the end-user logs. Doing this is sometimes difficult and could be streamlined.

I have been using the product for approximately three months.

Elastic Enterprise Search
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about Elastic Enterprise Search. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
632,539 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The customer service is very good.

I have used SolarWinds in the past.

What other advice do I have?

The solution has a lot of features. They have machine learning jobs they can implement, I'm not there yet, but I can use anomaly detection to see there are various processes that can find users that aren't supposed to log onto certain machines. All of these features are visual and graphical. I can show it as a bar chart, a pie chart, I can Instagram, or I can split chart. The power to see everything on the front end is so much more powerful.

I rate ELK Elasticsearch a ten out of ten.

IT Secuirty Architect at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
Valuable detection and correlation features
  • "The most valuable features are the detection and correlation features."
  • "Something that could be improved is better integrations with Cortex and QRadar, for example."

What is our primary use case?

We are internal integrators. We are in the bigger group as of now, but other groups, our clients, are affiliates from our group. They are our internal clients.

The solution is currently on-premises.

I was mostly responsible for the SOC team, and I helped them create the detection rules for the production. I wanted to know how it could be implemented in different kinds of products, like Sentinel.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the detection and correlation features.

What needs improvement?

Something that could be improved is better integrations with Cortex and QRadar, for example.

I have been using this solution for no more than one year.

Not really, because I'm not the engineer and so most problems appear during the installations or maintenance and I'm not in developing infrastructure operations.

The price of Elasticsearch is fair. It is a more expensive solution, like QRadar. The price for Elasticsearch is not much more than other solutions we have.

I would say that Elasticsearch is better than all the other solutions. QRadar is getting better, but it is still behind Elasticsearch in my opinion.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 8 out of 10.

I would recommend Elasticsearch if you don't have bigger budget limitations to use other enterprise solutions or if you want to avoid the vendor lock-in.

Elastic Enterprise Search
September 2022
632,539 professionals have used our research since 2012.
NaveedAhmed - PeerSpot reviewer
General Manager at BroadBITS
Effective sorting capabilities, reliable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for log management. We collect many logs from Windows systems to later analyze them for security checks and audit purposes.

What is most valuable?

I have found the sort capability of Elastic very useful for allowing us to find the information we need very quickly.

What needs improvement?

The reports could improve.

I have been using this solution for approximately three years.

The solution is very stable and reliable.

The stability is good but we have only done vertical scaling and not horizontal at this time. We collection approximately 1,000 EPS and have three people using the solution in my organization.

There has been enough support available online for what we have been using the solution for.

The initial setup was easy because we used containers. It can be challenging to implement.

We did the implementation ourselves.

We are using the free open-sourced version of this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend those wanting to implement this solution use integrators or consultants. However, we did not have any problems with the installation it can be difficult.

I rate ELK Elasticsearchan eight out of ten.

Associate Software Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Cost-effective, stable, and works well with Logstash

What is our primary use case?

My organization works in the healthcare industry and we use this product as our database.

When we have questions about our data then we use Elasticsearch to make queries.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that I can push data to Elasticsearch using Logstash.

What needs improvement?

Technical support should be faster.

I have been using Elasticsearch for about one year.

This is a stable product.

Elasticsearch is scalable, although we only have about five users and they are not constant. We do plan to increase our usage in the future.

The initial installation and setup were straightforward. It will take a few minutes to deploy.

Our in-house team was responsible for the deployment.

This product is open-source and can be used free of charge.

What other advice do I have?

I also use Kibana, which is integrated with Elasticsearch. Kibana is for visualization and we can also customize Elasticsearch using Kibana.

In summary, Elasticsearch is a very useful product that I can quickly recommend.

Associate - Projects at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Secure, good dashboards, and open source

What is our primary use case?

We are using ELK Elasticsearch in a database. We use both Logstash and Kibana. Kibana is used for monitoring where the data is coming from.

What is most valuable?

The solution has good security features. I have been happy with the dashboards and interface.

What needs improvement?

There are some features lacking in ELK Elasticsearch.

I have been using ELK Elasticsearch for approximately two years.

We had some stability issues where we could not access the application.

We have approximately five people in my organization using ELK Elasticsearch.

All the installations were directly set up on the local servers.

The solution is free.

What other advice do I have?

Elasticsearch is open source.

I rate ELK Elasticsearch an eight out of ten.