- Familiar, intuitive GUI (Eclipse plug-in) coming from a Java development background.
- In-depth, descriptive, and well-laid-out documentation.
- Responsive support through forums, even directly from Clover staff.
- Wealth of pre-defined components.
- All components are customizable.
- Descriptive logging, especially for error messages.
- Ease of install/light footprint.
Download the Data Integration Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022
What is CloverETL?CloverETL is a rapid, end-to-end data integration solution. Businesses choose CloverETL for its usability and intuitive controls, along with its lightweight footprint, flexibility, and processing speed. Achieving true, rapid data integration means much more than just raw data processing power. Rapid refers to an end-to-end process that begins the moment a data-related problem is recognized to the point when the data is in the right place and form to be analyzed and monetized.
CloverETL CustomersIBM, Oracle, MuleSoft, GoodData, Thomson Reuters, salesforce.com, Comcast, Active Network, SHOP.CA
Archived CloverETL Reviews (more than two years old)
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Review Length
Showingreviews based on the current filters.
Very easy to schedule jobs and monitor them, however we run out heap space even with a high allocation
Pros and Cons
- "Connectivity to various data sources: The ability to extract data from different data sources gives greater flexibility."
- "Server features for scheduler: It is very easy to schedule jobs and monitor them. The interface is easy to use."
- "No dependence on native language and ease of use."
- "Resource management: We typically run out of heap space, and even the allocation of high heap space does not seem to be enough."
- "Its documentation could be improved."
How has it helped my organization?Flexibility: We can bring in data from multiple sources, e.g., databases, text files, JSON, email, XML, etc. This has been very helpful.
What is most valuable?Connectivity to various data sources: The ability to extract data from different data sources gives greater flexibility. Server features for scheduler: It is very easy to schedule jobs and monitor them. The interface is easy to use.
What needs improvement?Resource management: We typically run out of heap space, and even the allocation of high heap space does not seem to be enough. Its documentation could be improved.
For how long have I used the solution?More than five years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?Server aborted on several occasions due to heap space.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?I never had a chance to test this in real-time since our shop is now small.
How are customer service and support?The support is good. I logged an issue and received a prompt response with a solution which worked.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?We had a previous solution solution. We switched to CloverETL because of its flexibility to connect to various data sources and no dependence on native language and ease of use.
How was the initial setup?I used the designer, and it was not complex. The server is managed by a different unit.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?I did not deal with the pricing for the product, so I cannot comment.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?No.
What other advice do I have?I would definitely recommend this product. It is very easy and intuitive to learn and use.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Vice President, Information and Technology Services at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Provides wealth of pre-defined, customizable components, and descriptive logging for errors
Pros and Cons
- "Key features include wealth of pre-defined components; all components are customizable; descriptive logging, especially for error messages."
- "Needs: easier automated failure recovery; more, and more intuitive auto-generated/filled-in code for components; easier/more automated sync between CloverETL Designer and CloverETL Server."
What is most valuable?
What needs improvement?
- Easier automated failure recovery.
- More, and more intuitive auto-generated/filled-in code for components.
- Easier/more automated sync between CloverETL Designer and CloverETL Server.
- More in-depth, official online samples/training.
For how long have I used the solution?
One to three years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
No issues with stability.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
Slow on ingest into Endeca Server, which was probably not an issue with CloverETL itself. Also, performance was hard to estimate/judge on virtual machines.
How is customer service and technical support?
10 out of 10, support staff were extremely knowledgeable and responsive. Support staff seemed to include, or at least work closely with, development staff, which is ideal.
How was the initial setup?
Straightforward installers for all components, with well-documented processes for setup and customization.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
The tool is open-source, so download for personal and trial use is free and easy, but I wouldn’t know about commercial use, as our version was packaged with another tool and included in its licensing.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
For Endeca 3.2, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) was briefly considered, but rejected due to familiarity with Clover and its existing stability within the Endeca platform.
What other advice do I have?
A good working knowledge of a scripting language and/or Java will be more useful than SQL for filling out code within components. Clover’s language, Clover Transformation Language (CTL) is a scripting language, and the (non-recommended) alternative is Java.
Take advantage of the wealth of documentation, and search online for examples of implementations that are already doing what you are attempting to do (forums are a great resource, but there are tons of examples outside of them, as well).
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner/Reseller.
Download our free Data Integration Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Javlin, Talend, Hitachi, and more!
Updated: June 2022