IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

CloverETL OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Data Integration Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is CloverETL?
CloverETL is a rapid, end-to-end data integration solution. Businesses choose CloverETL for its usability and intuitive controls, along with its lightweight footprint, flexibility, and processing speed. Achieving true, rapid data integration means much more than just raw data processing power. Rapid refers to an end-to-end process that begins the moment a data-related problem is recognized to the point when the data is in the right place and form to be analyzed and monetized.
CloverETL Customers
IBM, Oracle, MuleSoft, GoodData, Thomson Reuters, salesforce.com, Comcast, Active Network, SHOP.CA
CloverETL Video

Archived CloverETL Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user856614 - PeerSpot reviewer
Lead Programmer at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Very easy to schedule jobs and monitor them, however we run out heap space even with a high allocation
  • "Connectivity to various data sources: The ability to extract data from different data sources gives greater flexibility."
  • "Server features for scheduler: It is very easy to schedule jobs and monitor them. The interface is easy to use."
  • "No dependence on native language and ease of use.​​"
  • "​Resource management: We typically run out of heap space, and even the allocation of high heap space does not seem to be enough.​"
  • "Its documentation could be improved.​"

How has it helped my organization?

Flexibility: We can bring in data from multiple sources, e.g., databases, text files, JSON, email, XML, etc. This has been very helpful.

What is most valuable?

Connectivity to various data sources: The ability to extract data from different data sources gives greater flexibility. Server features for scheduler: It is very easy to schedule jobs and monitor them. The interface is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Resource management: We typically run out of heap space, and even the allocation of high heap space does not seem to be enough. Its documentation could be improved.

More than five years.
Data Integration Tools
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Javlin, Talend, Hitachi and others in Data Integration Tools. Updated: June 2022.
608,010 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Server aborted on several occasions due to heap space.

I never had a chance to test this in real-time since our shop is now small.

The support is good.  I logged an issue and received a prompt response with a solution which worked.

We had a previous solution solution. We switched to CloverETL because of its flexibility to connect to various data sources and no dependence on native language and ease of use.

I used the designer, and it was not complex. The server is managed by a different unit.

I did not deal with the pricing for the product, so I cannot comment.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this product. It is very easy and intuitive to learn and use.
it_user854766 - PeerSpot reviewer
Vice President, Information and Technology Services at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Provides wealth of pre-defined, customizable components, and descriptive logging for errors
  • "Key features include wealth of pre-defined components; all components are customizable; descriptive logging, especially for error messages."
  • "Needs: easier automated failure recovery; more, and more intuitive auto-generated/filled-in code for components; easier/more automated sync between CloverETL Designer and CloverETL Server."

What is most valuable?

• Familiar, intuitive GUI (Eclipse plug-in) coming from a Java development background.
  • In-depth, descriptive, and well-laid-out documentation.
  • Responsive support through forums, even directly from Clover staff.
  • Wealth of pre-defined components.
  • All components are customizable.
  • Descriptive logging, especially for error messages.
  • Ease of install/light footprint.

What needs improvement?

• Easier automated failure recovery.
  • More, and more intuitive auto-generated/filled-in code for components.
  • Easier/more automated sync between CloverETL Designer and CloverETL Server.
  • More in-depth, official online samples/training.

No issues with stability.

Slow on ingest into Endeca Server, which was probably not an issue with CloverETL itself. Also, performance was hard to estimate/judge on virtual machines.

10 out of 10, support staff were extremely knowledgeable and responsive. Support staff seemed to include, or at least work closely with, development staff, which is ideal.

Straightforward installers for all components, with well-documented processes for setup and customization.

The tool is open-source, so download for personal and trial use is free and easy, but I wouldn’t know about commercial use, as our version was packaged with another tool and included in its licensing.

For Endeca 3.2, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) was briefly considered, but rejected due to familiarity with Clover and its existing stability within the Endeca platform.

What other advice do I have?

A good working knowledge of a scripting language and/or Java will be more useful than SQL for filling out code within components. Clover’s language, Clover Transformation Language (CTL) is a scripting language, and the (non-recommended) alternative is Java.

Take advantage of the wealth of documentation, and search online for examples of implementations that are already doing what you are attempting to do (forums are a great resource, but there are tons of examples outside of them, as well).

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner/Reseller.
Download our free Data Integration Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Javlin, Talend, Hitachi, and more!
Updated: June 2022