We have a number of users that deployed both fixed hubs and satellite sites. Cisco Secure Network Analytics enables us to get full visibility and detect general threats on both types of sites. Regardless of whether a site is deployed overseas or back home, we want one single solution to be able to collect the telemetry, make a decision on it, and report it in a meaningful way. We also want the solution to be able to pipe it to tools that we can use to fight threats.
Cisco Secure Network Analytics is the #4 ranked solution in Network Traffic Analysis tools, #4 ranked solution in top Network Detection and Response (NDR) tools, and #8 ranked solution in top Cisco Security Portfolio tools. PeerSpot users give Cisco Secure Network Analytics an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Cisco Secure Network Analytics is most commonly compared to Darktrace: Cisco Secure Network Analytics vs Darktrace. Cisco Secure Network Analytics is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 69% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.
Cisco Secure Network Analytics OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication
Cisco Secure Network Analytics OverviewUNIXBusinessApplicationPrice:
Cisco Secure Network Analytics Buyer's Guide
Download the Cisco Secure Network Analytics Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2023
What is Cisco Secure Network Analytics?
Cisco Secure Network Analytics is a highly effective network traffic analysis (NTA) solution that enables users to find threats in their network traffic even if those threats are encrypted. It turns an organization’s network telemetry into a tool that creates a complete field of vision for the organization’s administrators. Users can find threats that may have infiltrated their systems and stop them before they can do irreparable harm.
Cisco Secure Network Analytics Benefits
A few ways that organizations can benefit by choosing to deploy Cisco Secure Network Analytics include:
- Security scaling. Secure Network Analytics makes it easy for organizations to scale up their level of network protection to match the growth that their business is experiencing. It can be deployed on whatever type of system is necessary. Users will have their growth needs met at every stage of their business journey because the solution offers users the ability to use it on-premises or in the cloud and it can be consumed as a SaaS-based or license-based solution. Whenever any kind of device is added, Secure Network Analytics can automatically classify that device so that it is seamlessly integrated into its network protection system.
- Detects threats as they appear. Users gain the ability to scan their network traffic for even the most advanced threats at all times. Secure Network Analytics easily identifies the early warning signs that are typically initiated before attacks are conducted by bad actors. Once these signs are found, users are warned so that they can take steps to prevent those threats from escalating. This also enables users to determine the source of the threat and whether it might have spread further than initially thought.
- Eliminate blind spots. Organizations that use Secure Network Analytics can view their network traffic across both private networks and public cloud environments. The scanning power of the solution allows users to gain complete visibility with a fewer number of sensors than their competitors require to achieve a similar level of protection.
Cisco Secure Network Analytics Features
Some of the many features that Cisco Secure Network Analytics offers include:
- Centralized security management. Secure Network Analytics’ Identity Services Engine feature enables users to control their network from a single graphical user interface. Administrators can simplify their jobs by controlling profiler, posture, guest, authentication, and authorization services from a single pane of glass.
- Machine learning tools. Secure Network Analytics uses machine learning to generate alerts when malicious or suspicious activity is detected. It also analyzes the threat so that users gain insight into the nature of the dangers that confront them. Additionally, it examines the threats to determine whether they are actual threats or false alarms. This significantly reduces the number of false alarms that administrators have to spend time attempting to resolve.
- Automation. Users can automate routine tasks that users would otherwise have to handle manually. This automation feature frees administrators and employees to handle other more critical tasks.
Reviews from Real Users
Cisco Secure Network Analytics is a solution that stands out even when compared to many other comparable products. Two major advantages that it offers are the way that it enables users to define the threshold at which the solution will issue a warning to administrators and the predefined alerts that it offers straight out of the box.
Gerald J., the information technology operations supervisor at Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc., writes, “StealthWatch lets me see the ports running in and out and the country. It has excellent reporting, telemetry, and artificial intelligence features. With the telemetry, I can set thresholds to detect sudden changes and the alarms go through the PLC parts. I can see all the ports running on that trunk.”
A senior security engineer at a tech services company, says, “Cisco Stealthwatch has predefined alerts for different types of security issues that might happen in the network. Whether it's PCs or servers that are used for botnets or Bitcoin mining we receive the alerts automatically. This functionality is what we receive from the solution out of the box.”
Cisco Secure Network Analytics was previously known as Cisco Stealthwatch, Cisco Stealthwatch Enterprise, Lancope StealthWatch.
Cisco Secure Network Analytics Customers
Edge Web Hosting, Telenor Norway, Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana, Webster Financial Corporation, Westinghouse Electric, VMware, TIAA-CREF
Cisco Secure Network Analytics Pricing Advice
What users are saying about Cisco Secure Network Analytics pricing:
Cisco Secure Network Analytics Reviews
Cisco Secure Network Analytics
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Secure Network Analytics. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2023.
708,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.