We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Azure Container Registry OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Azure Container Registry is #2 ranked solution in top Container Registry tools. PeerSpot users give Azure Container Registry an average rating of 8 out of 10. Azure Container Registry is most commonly compared to Amazon ECR: Azure Container Registry vs Amazon ECR. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 21% of all views.
What is Azure Container Registry?

Azure Container Registry allows you to build, store, and manage container images and artifacts in a private registry for all types of container deployments. Use Azure container registries with your existing container development and deployment pipelines. Use Azure Container Registry Tasks to build container images in Azure on-demand, or automate builds triggered by source code updates, updates to a container's base image, or timers.

Azure Container Registry was previously known as Microsoft Azure Container Registry.

Azure Container Registry Customers

DNV GL, Alaska Airlines, Finastra

Azure Container Registry Video

Azure Container Registry Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Azure Container Registry pricing:
"Azure is a bit expensive."

Azure Container Registry Reviews

DevOps Consultant at GP Coders
Easy to use, private, secure, and it performs well
  • "One of the benefits of this solution is that it's private and secure."
  • "The deployment is an area that needs improvement, as it can take some time to deploy."

What is our primary use case?

I am a DevOps consultant. I provide the architecture, assessments, and optimization of the services that we use to build a better infrastructure, and other services.

We are basically using Azure Container Registry for a project that we have in the healthcare domain. There, we use the container registry and as well as Azure DevOps, apart from the Azure Cloud and the built release pipeline, along with this container registry and the self-hosted server.

I would say that this allows us to build, store, and manage the container images and the artifact in the private registry that Azure provides.

It's a managed container registry that we don't need to configure or set up within our premises. It's all in the cloud. The login and the portal id where we can store that information, and the containers.

We can also see a list of images located in the repository. For example, I can pull any Docker image using the Docker command. I can then store that image within the repository, within this Docker Registry Container.

I don't have to go to the Docker Hub or any other hub. This is one of the safest private repositories over the cloud that I have, that I can use.

This is one of the most beneficial solutions to be used over the cloud.

What is most valuable?

One of the benefits of this solution is that it's private and secure. It's easy to use, it's fast, and it's scalable.

We can have that OCA format that we can use and it's a multi-tenant service, which we use for the endpoint data that we have.

We can automate container builds for testing and other purposes, and we can use the CLI (command-line interface) to interact with the registry.

We can manage Windows and Linux containers within a single registry. We don't have to create multiple container registries, different images, and containers.

These are the benefits of having the Container Registry and we can use the Webhook as well, for security purposes and for pushing the container image using the CI/CD pipeline.

These are the benefits we get using the Container Registry.

This solution has multiple features and I can't really say that I can rely on, or that there is only one feature or one that I love more.

The app services and the DC/OS and the KS, also the service tiers that they are providing, security using the logins, images, artifacts, and many more.

The task of pushing and deploying images that we use in the containers is very good.

It's very secure and it uses authentication.

Security, the deployment pipelines, and the developers are using the ACR task instead of using other third-party products.

What needs improvement?

It's difficult to find areas of improvement. I have always found it to be better than any CI/CD pipeline.

It's very stable because it has security integration as well.

It's integrated with the echo security, which helps the developmental production life cycle controls, in the container application that we use.

It's very efficient and stable to use.

This solution is scalable.

I'm not using it that extensively. I have a 40/50GB of data that I am storing using the container images. That hasn't cost me very much, I am using it in a very optimal way.

I have not contacted technical support. We haven't needed it yet.

Previously, I used open-source only.

I never used the AWS (Amazon Web Services) providing the ECR, the elastic container Registry. It's a bit expensive compared to Azure. I am certified, but I haven't used that.

Cons of an open-source product are that it has limited security features, that I am looking for without replication. It doesn't have the access key features and the policies which are positive with ACR.

The initial setup is straightforward for me. It was not complex.

I didn't find it to be difficult in setting up the ACR with the Docker containers that we were using.

It took time to deploy this containerization and the application. For example, when creating the ACR and you click to deploy it and create the replication, it takes some time to create the replication.

I feel that It took more than thirty minutes to complete the deployment.

My initial strategy was to secure the images that we use for the microservices and the web services for production. I didn't want to include any other repository. I just wanted to have a secure ability instead of creating my own or using the open-source repository.

That was my initial purpose because it provides the access key and the web host, which other third-party open-sourced solutions are not providing. This allows us to use the active directory to access the services.

The solution doesn't require any further maintenance post-deployment.

It gives me exposure and learning in this technology. Apart from that, it's the client who is paying me to manage and service the infrastructure.

Azure is a bit expensive.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this solution is very beneficial. If my infrastructure or our services are within the Azure Cloud, and if I'm using the ECR, it's very helpful to maintain the images that we use for the web services or the microservices for the ATS and the dockers. We don't have to maintain those images for other third parties or other repositories.

It's very good and for those who don't use it, you must look into it, and just go for it.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

New Technologies Adoption Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
It has great support and valuable features like portability and elasticity

What is our primary use case?

We use it for some specific machine learning models to take advantage of the elasticity of the containers. This is the main use of containers. Around 80% of our implementation is on the public cloud, but in some cases, we use a hybrid model. Our clients are large businesses.

What is most valuable?

The portability and elasticity features are the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

It should be easier to use. It can have more graphical interfaces to manage containers. At present, the handling or management of the containers is very basic.

I have been using Azure Container Registry for two years.

We get great support from Microsoft. I would rate them a…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The portability and elasticity features are the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Azure Container Registry for two years.

We get great support from Microsoft. I would rate them a ten out of ten.

The initial setup was complex. The deployment took two or three days because it involved infrastructure and development.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise taking the time to go through the documentation before starting to use this solution. It is important to gain knowledge before you start using it.

I would rate Azure Container Registry an eight out of ten.

Sr. SDET at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Has reasonable pricing

What is our primary use case?

I work for a logistics business, so we have a few applications and we apply them to Azure. We pull the codes, stop at the Docker images, and then we push it to the Container for tracking.

What needs improvement?

Implementation needs improvement. We have a lot of open, online sources. Doing a deployment is easy for us. The only issue is when we have VPN connections and we try to pull the images from Container images to the local Dockers, it slows down. The images are slow when we have a VPN setup.

I have been using Azure Container Registry for three years.

It's hard for us to do a customer partition piece update. The indexing always crashes.

What's my

What needs improvement?

The images are slow when we have a VPN setup.

I have been using Azure Container Registry for three years.

Pricing is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Azure Container Registry an eight out of ten. The setup should be simplified.