IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Axiom EPM OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Business Performance Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Axiom EPM?

Kaufman Hall's Axiom Software provides performance management solutions that help organizations analyze results, model the future, and optimize organizational decision making.

Axiom Software provides sophisticated, flexible performance management solutions that empower finance professionals to analyze results, model the future, and optimize decision making. Solutions for budgeting and forecasting, strategy management, reporting and analytics, financial close and consolidations, profitability and cost management are delivered on a single integrated software platform. Kaufman Hall’s extensive industry expertise and tailored solutions for healthcare, financial institutions, higher education, and other key industries enable clients to take advantage of proven best practices and realize faster time to value.

Axiom EPM Customers

Heineken Ireland, LHP, St John Medical Center, Dignity Health, Lifepoint Hospitality, Sentara, Meridan Health, Mary Lanning Healthcare, New Pig, Credit Union Westerra, Yale University, Star

Archived Axiom EPM Reviews (more than two years old)

Financial Analyst at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
It enables model/report builders to use all the functionality of Excel, along with the database and dashboard functions of Axiom.

What is most valuable?

It leverages Excel to build out software platforms that enable model/report builders to use all the functionality of Excel, along with the database and dashboard functions of Axiom. It allows for a much easier implementation of current spreadsheet-based models and a highly customized solution for each customer.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows for automation of reporting and a much more streamlined, detailed, workflow-controlled budget process. Not only has it halved the time it takes to build the annual budget, but the result targets and outputs are much more accurate.

What needs improvement?

There is a steeper learning curve for power users, but Axiom provides outstanding support and training resources.

I have been using it for five years.
Business Performance Management
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Axiom EPM, Oracle, Adaptive Insights and others in Business Performance Management. Updated: June 2022.
607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have not encountered any deployment issues.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

We had issues with our own internal IT hardware that were not caused by Axiom, when I worked for a company that housed the software and all data. The cloud solution eliminates any issues with scale.

Customer Service: Customer service is 10/10 - Some of the best I have encountered with any software provider. Technical Support: Technical support is 10/10.

I did not previously use a different solution.

It was implemented by a vendor team with heavy in-house development. Axiom vendors were outstanding.

I don't have quantifiable numbers, but I have found the ROI to be very high, either through man-hours saved on reporting/modeling or expenses saved by using a sophisticated budget tracking solution.

Before choosing this product, I evaluated Adaptive Planning and Host Analytics.

What other advice do I have?

Axiom has been considered more of a niche product due to its focus on healthcare and banking. However, the solution is very powerful and customizable, and can work with many industries.
Download our free Business Performance Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Axiom EPM, Oracle, Adaptive Insights, and more!
Updated: June 2022