IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Atos DirX Directory OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Application Infrastructure Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Atos DirX Directory?

DirX Directory is a standards-compliant, high-performance, highly available, reliable and secure Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and X.500 directory server. It offers unlimited scalability with outstanding read and write performance.

Atos DirX Directory was previously known as DirX Directory.

Atos DirX Directory Customers

National Savings and Investments, Vehicle and Operator Services Agency

Atos DirX Directory Video

Archived Atos DirX Directory Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user803997 - PeerSpot reviewer
Administrator Identity and Access Management with 10,001+ employees
User
Needs more available consultants and implementation partners
  • "DirX Directory is the best feature of the product: a very fast, stable LDAP directory."
  • "The role and attribute-based access control has been greatly improved."
  • "The Self-Service Portal is old school and it lacks easy accessibility for users."
  • "An overall modernization of the product is required in order to keep up with newer products."
  • "Needs more available consultants and implementation partners."

What is our primary use case?

We use Atos DirX Identity Manager to provision users to Active Directory and SAP Systems. We also use DirX Audit, which is the SQL-based Audit Component of the suite.

How has it helped my organization?

The role and attribute-based access control has been greatly improved. Basic requirements are easily fulfilled by the product, but if you want to expand your governance to cloud-based systems, you will need a lot of time and testing or find the proper know-how. The Self-Service Portal is old school and it lacks easy accessibility for users. We hope that the newest version will be better.

What is most valuable?

DirX Directory is the best feature of the product: a very fast, stable LDAP directory. We never had any problems with DirX Directory.

What needs improvement?

Better Service More available consultants and implementation partners Better QA An overall modernization of the product is required in order to keep up with newer products.
Application Infrastructure
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Atos, Microsoft, Uniface and others in Application Infrastructure. Updated: June 2022.
608,010 professionals have used our research since 2012.

it_user186360 - PeerSpot reviewer
Director, IAM Practice at a tech consulting company with 51-200 employees

Valuable Features

The flexibility of the product. I have not found customer requirements that could not be implemented with DirX Identity.

Improvements to My Organization

The answer to this would be the same for any product, not DirX specific.

Room for Improvement

The product provides an excellent framework but could use some polish on the front end to reduce the amount of configuration required for basic tasks.

Use of Solution

I have been working with IAM products for 17 years and have worked with a variety of them. Since 2000 I have worked with the DirX product on many projects but have also done projects based on other products. Currently I am working on a project using Sailpoint IIQ.

No. Where I have been asked to correct deployment issues they have been caused by poor design or a bad implementation by another vendor.

No. Where I have been asked to correct stability issues they have been caused by poor design or a bad implementation by another vendor.

No. Where I have been asked to correct scalability issues they have been caused by poor design or a bad implementation by another vendor.

Most business is through a partner so it depends on the partner.

Technical support is good but is based in Europe and is only 8x5 CET.

Implementation Team

Every implementation I have seen has been via the vendor or a partner.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes I have worked with customers through evaluation periods where they have looked at multiple products.

Other Advice

Research the partner you are working with to do the implementation and the individuals that will be leading it. This is the same regardless of which product you are implementing. I have seen far more implementation issues with various products over the years be caused by bad implementations rather than bad products.

Also be sure to look into supplementing the 8x5 product support if you don't have an experienced staff on hand.

Download our free Application Infrastructure Report and find out what your peers are saying about Atos, Microsoft, Uniface, and more!
Updated: June 2022