IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Atos DirX Directory OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Atos DirX Directory is #20 ranked solution in top Application Infrastructure tools. PeerSpot users give Atos DirX Directory an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Atos DirX Directory is most commonly compared to ForgeRock: Atos DirX Directory vs ForgeRock. Atos DirX Directory is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 69% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 32% of all views.

Download the Application Infrastructure Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Atos DirX Directory?

DirX Directory is a standards-compliant, high-performance, highly available, reliable and secure Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and X.500 directory server. It offers unlimited scalability with outstanding read and write performance.

Atos DirX Directory was previously known as DirX Directory.

Atos DirX Directory Customers

National Savings and Investments, Vehicle and Operator Services Agency

Atos DirX Directory Video

Atos DirX Directory Reviews

Enno Hoffmann - PeerSpot reviewer
Head of Sales and Business Development at Axalon GmbH
Flexible with high performance and good reliability
  • "The solution offers high performance."
  • "The user interface could be more convenient for people that don't know the tool too intensively."

What is our primary use case?

It's the database as a meta-directory for identity and access management.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution does help organizations.

As an example, typically, they use it as an internal employee directory where they can find the data of all the people that are working for the company. Also, they can provide it by a REST API towards applications, towards other directories, et cetera, et cetera. You can distribute the relevant data of user profiles within the whole IT landscape.

What is most valuable?

It's very scalable.

The solution offers high performance.

It is very flexible when it comes to the data scheme and things like that.

It's a reliable, stable solution.

You can scale it quite well.

What needs improvement?

It's pretty complex to set up.

Besides what already is to be found on the roadmap, there is nothing special to report.

Application Infrastructure
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Atos, Microsoft, Azul Systems and others in Application Infrastructure. Updated: July 2022.
622,949 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been using the solution for 20 years.

The solution is extremely stable.

Typically if you don't change the setup, the configuration, or anything, it will be running for decades and nothing will happen as an issue.

The solution scales well.

As an example, there has been an American telecom service provider that had 20 million users, and the data of those user profiles had been stored on Dirx Directory, and they don't have any issues in retrieving the data and using it for any kind of services.

Regarding our clients, the amount of users depends on if you have end users that don't really use this Directory or not. They are stored in this Directory and make use of the services that are administered via this Directory. There we are talking about millions. Then, you have administrators who configure the Directory and there we're talking about, let's say, hundreds of users.

We have contact with technical support. We are the second-level support. The third level is done by the software vendor themselves. Each and every time when we have an issue with a ticket that needs to be clarified with third-level support, we have contact with them. They are friendly. They are working together. They are cooperative. Everything's fine.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The solution has a complex implementation. I'd rate the ease of setup at a two or three out of five.

In terms of how long it takes to deploy, if it's a specialist, it's a question of minutes. If it's a complex environment and someone who is not really trained, it can be a question of months. It depends on the situation.

A typical setup within a customer needs a minimum of two people that can replace themselves in case of absence for holidays, et cetera. That's sufficient as long as you don't need 24/7 operations. If you need that, you must have five or more trained administrators.

As an integrator, we are able to implement the solution to our clients.

I cannot speak to the exact cost of the solution.

My understanding is the solution is reasonably priced, and I'd rate it a four or five out of five in terms of affordability.

There are extra costs. For connectors, as an example, you have to pay separately.

What other advice do I have?

We are vendor partners.

It's not deployed in my company. We are an integrator that is providing integration services.

I'd advise potential new users to partner with a trained integrator for implementation.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: partners
Download our free Application Infrastructure Report and find out what your peers are saying about Atos, Microsoft, Azul Systems, and more!
Updated: July 2022