AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring is the #17 ranked solution in APM tools. PeerSpot users give AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring an average rating of 8.2 out of 10. AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring is most commonly compared to Elastic Observability: AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring vs Elastic Observability. AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 68% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.
AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring Buyer's Guide

Download the AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2022

What is AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring?

How do real users experience your browser-based applications? Using browser real-user monitoring follow their journey and optimize their experience with powerful end-to-end performance management that rapidly identifies application issues and relevant business transactions, and dramatically reduces MTTR.

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring Customers

Sony, DirecTV, UBS, The Container Store, The Neta Porter Group, Nasdaq, Cisco, eHarmony, Hallmark, Overstock, Expedia

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring Video

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring Pricing Advice

What users are saying about AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring pricing:
  • "AppDynamics does not usually do monthly payments. They do it on an annual basis, at the very least."
  • "AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring does have licensing cost associated with it."
  • "We have two different licensing models for this solution. One of them is the agent based model, which requires payment per agent. The other is an infrastructure based model, where the price is based on the CPU core. For the infrastructure model wholesale level pricing applies. All of the up to date licensing prices for this product are available on the manufacturers website."
  • AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring Reviews

Nuno Rosa - PeerSpot reviewer
    Principal Consultant at Infosys
    MSP
    End-to-end visibility, feature-rich, but the support could be improved
    • "We can see the customer's path from their computer to the backend systems."
    • "While I am not expecting it in the next release, I would want more centralized management of the agent in the platform and better support."

What is our primary use case?

I am not a user, I am an implementer.

For EUC, one of the use cases would be to monitor online shopping from retail, for example, to understand the client's journey and if they are experiencing any difficulties in, at the very least, making their purchase or browsing, the front-end of a specific customer's online shopping.

The second would be internal applications to determine whether the application is living in an order that allows it to process its workloads. It's quite generic because we have so many different types of applications.

What is most valuable?

With Real-User Monitoring, the most valuable features are what I have described. We can see the customer's path from their computer to the backend systems. It gives us full visibility end-to-end, and if there are any issues, we can observe and record them to improve application performance quality. In addition to the EUC, you can add synthetic transactions, where you can see from every point if your application is performing adequately in terms of reachability if you are running a global site.

What needs improvement?

As AppDynamics partners, we are fully aware of the roadmap, but I would like them to enhance their SAP monitoring.

One of the features that I would like to see is centralized agent management in the platform console.

While I am not expecting it in the next release, I would want more centralized management of the agent in the platform and better support.

I've been working with AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring for six years. Since the existence of AppDynamics.

It is deployed both on the cloud and on-premises.

We don't have a specific version, we have several instances. I work for an MSP, and we offer these services to a large number of customers.

We have clients using the latest versions, as well as clients using older versions.

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring
    December 2022
    Learn what your peers think about AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2022.
    657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring is stable if it's quick. Depending on where the application is hosted, for example, the same time it takes someone in Singapore to access an application is unlikely to be the same time it takes someone in the UK to access it.

Scalability is also important. That is not directly related to end-user monitoring, but it will be one of the business cases involving the use of microservices and the dynamic expansion of a solution.

In terms of technical support, they don't need to be faster, but they could be more usable. I believe they can contribute more than robots because they do not always adhere to the same standards. They can be a little more helpful, and I'm speaking broadly because they have good guys in there, but we don't always get the good guys, the good resources. To be honest, I can't say I have any complaints.

I am familiar with AppDynamics, Dynatrace, New Relic, and Datadog, which are the four main ones that we currently use.

When it comes to AppDynamics, we use all of it, all the stack.

The setup is straightforward. I don't see an issue if it's on-premises, but if it's SaaS, we don't install anything other than the agent.

AppDynamics does not usually do monthly payments. They do it on an annual basis, at the very least.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using this solution.

I would rate AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring a seven out of ten.

Analyst Programmer at Québec Government
    Shows all the front-end and back-end metrics, errors, and exceptions, and sends out alerts about errors
    • "The best feature of AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring is that it lets you find errors in synthetic jobs ahead of the users. The solution shows you all front-end metrics. You can also see JavaScript errors and jQuery errors through AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring. You can also do a correlation between the front end and the backend, or from the user to the navigator, to the backend through the solution."
    • "What could be improved in AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring is for the synthetic jobs or synthetic agents, in particular, you can't do a lot of tests with just one agent. You have to install a lot of agents if you want to do more tests, so this is an area for improvement in the solution. Another area for improvement in AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring is that you're only able to see basic metrics in the absence of server or database visibility. For the SaaS version of AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring, my team just downloaded then installed the extension in an application in Azure to see the application on the controller, so if this can be done in the on-premise version of the solution as well, without needing to install the agent on the machine, then it would make AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring better. Currently, the .NET agent consumes the CPU or memory and clients usually raise this issue with my team, so it would be good if the on-premises version doesn't require agent installation on the machine. Another functionality I'd like to see in the next release of AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring is for it to receive updates from the file config without needing to reset IIS because right now when you do a modification in IIS, you have to restart IIS. When you add a service to the agent config, you have to restart IIS. For the product server, it's not possible to reset IIS after you make changes to the config file, so if this could be improved, then it would make AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring a better solution."

What is our primary use case?

We use AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring to monitor the performance of applications. We use the solution to see the errors, snapshots, and exceptions in the backend and front end of our applications. We also use AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring for frontend monitoring, end-user monitoring, checking the response time, and other frontend metrics. We also use the dashboard in AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring and also use the solution for sending error or issue alerts to our clients.

What is most valuable?

The best feature of AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring is that it lets you find errors in synthetic jobs ahead of the users. The solution shows you all front-end metrics. You can also see JavaScript errors and jQuery errors through AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring. You can also do a correlation between the front end and the backend, or from the user to the navigator, to the backend through the solution.

What needs improvement?

What could be improved in AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring is for the synthetic jobs or synthetic agents, in particular, you can't do a lot of tests with just one agent. You have to install a lot of agents if you want to do more tests, so this is an area for improvement in the solution.

Another area for improvement in AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring is that you're only able to see basic metrics in the absence of server or database visibility.

For the SaaS version of AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring, my team just downloaded then installed the extension in an application in Azure to see the application on the controller, so if this can be done in the on-premise version of the solution as well, without needing to install the agent on the machine, then it would make AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring better. Currently, the .NET agent consumes the CPU or memory and clients usually raise this issue with my team, so it would be good if the on-premises version doesn't require agent installation on the machine.

Another functionality I'd like to see in the next release of AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring is for it to receive updates from the file config without needing to reset IIS because right now when you do a modification in IIS, you have to restart IIS. When you add a service to the agent config, you have to restart IIS. For the product server, it's not possible to reset IIS after you make changes to the config file, so if this could be improved, then it would make AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring a better solution.

I have about two years of experience with AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring.

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring is a stable solution.

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring has good scalability.

Support for AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring is always available. My team does a lot of Webex with support. Whenever you have a problem with the solution, you can always contact support.

As a developer, I have no idea about the pricing for AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring. Another team is in charge of the licensing for the solution.

What other advice do I have?

Currently, AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring is deployed on-premises, but my team is also testing its SaaS version.

My advice to anyone considering AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring is that it's a very important product because you can use it to troubleshoot and detect errors in your applications.

I'm rating AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring as ten out of ten.

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring
    December 2022
    657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Infrastructure Architect -Application Dynamics at Kyndryl
    Useful in monitoring end-user activity, website speed and key business metrics
    • "It provides a lot of data, so it helps businesses identify their user base."
    • "They do not have robust documentation."

What is our primary use case?

Our use case depends on whether the client has revenue on their primary revenue-generating websites. For example, we previously implemented for Aviva Financial, and their primary revenue-generating website was their Aviva website. They primarily do home, medical, motor, and car insurance and use this solution to download insurance quotes. This solution is also used to monitor the end-user activity, website speed, product details and quotes.

We use the solution for end-user performance monitoring to monitor customers' browsers, like Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer. So we're able to get details, and each transaction gets monitored, and the information gets captured and presented to management.

The management observes the end-user activity, which helps get quotes signed and monitor the payment system gateways.

How has it helped my organization?

It has a lot of features, and it provides a lot of data, so it helps businesses identify their user base, business parameters and key business metrics.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very scalable, and you can get the performance data from the end users. So it provides a proper way to analyze data from different regions. Most of the users download the data, which helps them understand the business strengths and monitor traffic from each region and maximum users.

What needs improvement?

A problem with App Dynamics is that they do not have robust documentation, making it difficult for start-up organizations who may need guidance. In addition, their documentation is complex and not easy to understand.

Another problem with AppDynamics is the agents of division. There is no central distribution system to update all the endpoints, so we need patch mechanism updates to do those activities. It is cumbersome, and it's not easy, so they lag in that area.

We have been using this solution for the past six months. It's a SaaS product only, and AppDynamics is according to the agent version. It is on cloud.

The initial setup was very easy. Deployment depends on how many applications you need to monitor. Initial data collection can take up to two to three weeks. Then, like any end-user application, it will be implemented in a test environment. Once the test environment is a success, it moves to production, which takes one to two months.

The support and management team primarily have access to the data, and we collect the story at the back end. For example, we do this for Aviva, which has an approximately 300,000 user base. So the information on whoever visits Aviva's website is passed on to AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring.

They have licenses. Technically, AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring is a Cisco product. When using this application, we need to install the agents on each server, and there is a transaction cost. End-user monitoring requires purchasing millions of transaction licenses, but infrastructure monitoring costs are based on the agent. So everything is licensed, and it's a costly solution.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a seven out of ten. We decided to use this solution because they are market leaders. Appdynamics and Dynatrace are the main application performance monitoring solutions and have been for the last five to six years.

I would recommend this solution. First, you need to analyze multiple tools in the market based on your requirements. For example, if you need an enterprise monitoring system, go for AppDynamics or Dynatrace, but if you have fewer applications, you can choose other end-user monitoring solutions like Site24x7.

Senior Performance Engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
    A stable solution to monitor user behavior, but the functionality needs to be improved
    • "It is a stable solution that helps address user issues well."
    • "If you have a single URL and all the operations are coming in as part of the header, you will not be able to segregate them for different actions."

What is our primary use case?

It is very useful to monitor user behavior and see the user experience.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us to address issues well. For example, if the application is being used worldwide, it's possible that the application is performing well when accessed from the US but that it has issues when accessed from other countries, such as China. So, AppDynamics can clearly show you which users are having issues when accessing your application, and this helps you address it.

What is most valuable?

It is a stable solution. I have found the features that help me see the user experience to be valuable. For example, it will tell you all the visual screens on the mobile application that a user has been visiting. It will also show you how long they have been visiting this particular screen and all the actions the user has taken on the browser.

We can view the end-user experience and end-user response time. For example, if your application is performing well but the users are still complaining, then you will be able to investigate whether it is a network issue or a connection issue.

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring will give you these types of details. It will tell you from which part of the world your application is being accessed, it will give you the page rendering time, how the page is behaving, and when it is being accessed from different parts of the world.

What needs improvement?

If you have a single URL and all the operations are coming in as part of the header, you will not be able to segregate them for different actions. I think this could be improved.

There are different things which can be achieved using Core Change, but it cannot be easily done using the configuration change on the controller.

Also, functionality could be increased on the End-User Monitoring side.

I have been using this solution for the last five years.

It is stable.

I think that it is scalable.

Their technical support is good, but there's room for improvement. The way the technical support staff handle the user could be improved.

Also, technical support staff could be faster and more knowledgeable. They need staff who are more technical. Most often, they ask a standard set of questions, even if they are not relevant to the particular case that has been raised. This could be changed.

The installation is pretty simple. It is a Core Change. For example, if you have to implement End-User Monitoring for a particular browser application, then you will need to inject the JavaScript Agent on the code. This usually takes about one or two hours.

We implemented it ourselves.

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring does have licensing cost associated with it. We currently have a yearly license.

What other advice do I have?

There are very few products which use End-User Monitoring, and I would rate AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring at seven on a scale from one to ten.

CanselÖzcan - PeerSpot reviewer
    TechOPS Division Manager at Onotio Teknoloji
    An excellent, unified platform monitoring tool, with strong analytical features
    • "The feature we find most valuable, is that the solution creates a unified platform making it really easy to pinpoint a problem, and then drill down into a transaction to resolve the issue."
    • "We would like to be able to easily use this solution to monitor our Java script based browsers, which are currently blocked by the security settings."

What is our primary use case?

The main uses of this solution are dependent on our clients needs. They are mainly in the banking sector, and use the product to measure user experience, or for analytical, business IQ purposes.

What is most valuable?

The feature we find most valuable, is that the solution creates a unified platform making it really easy to pinpoint a problem, and then drill down into a transaction to resolve the issue.

What needs improvement?

We have been working with this solution for more than 10 years.

We have found this to be a very stable solution.

This solution is very easily scalable.

The global technical support for this solution is really good. They have two different service types; standard and premier. The premier level of support has a higher cost, but better SLA's for fixing issues. We have found both of them to be good quality, and customer focused.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We found the initial setup of this solution to be very easy, and the deployment only took 10 minutes. The deployment can be carried out automatically as long as it is suitable for your client's application.

We implemented the solution using our in-house team.

We have two different licensing models for this solution. One of them is the agent based model, which requires payment per agent. The other is an infrastructure based model, where the price is based on the CPU core. For the infrastructure model wholesale level pricing applies. All of the up to date licensing prices for this product are available on the manufacturers website.

What other advice do I have?

We would recommend that organizations looking at this solution ensure that the hosting version meets their countries regulations. The product is available as both cloud-based and on-premises, but this choice may be geographically limited.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Allows us to identify gaps and bottlenecks in the software and monitor applications
    • "We used AppDynamics to identify gaps and bottlenecks in the software."
    • "The interface and user experience could be better."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is deployed on-premises and on the cloud. It has a software gate in several legacy software, and they have part of the application in the cloud. AppDynamics is able to deliver cloud information.

We have 774 small cities, and all the cities have agencies who use the system. We monitor all of the agencies. There are eight million consumers who access these systems on a mobile device and millions of transactions per day.

What is most valuable?

We used AppDynamics to identify gaps and bottlenecks in the software. After that, we were able to monitor the application and the flow of the clients in all the software of the company.

What needs improvement?

The interface and user experience could be better. New products were built after the analysis of the dynamics. After analyzing the traffic, the bottlenecks, and the problems with the database, it's our job to make sure users in our company have a better experience with this solution. Mainly during COVID, there was a high number of transactions. Today, the solution is much better than two years ago.

After we fixed the bugs and bottlenecks, the quality of the software improved. It reduced problems with queries on the database and problems in the browser and mobile application.

I have used this solution for two years.

I'm responsible for the implementation of the dynamics in my company and installing and implementing the database and all kinds of monitoring using AppDynamics.

It's stable.

It's scalable.

Technical support is good.

Setup was very difficult. It took around one year.

There was a team of 12 people involved in the consultant database administration. I don't know the number in the working directory because each system in the company was the responsibility of only one team. There was a team responsible for the system of transformation.

Implementation was done in-house.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 9 out of 10.

I would recommend it for anyone who wants to use it.

Hybrid Cloud
    Download our free AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: December 2022