IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring is #24 ranked solution in APM tools. PeerSpot users give AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring an average rating of 8 out of 10. AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring is most commonly compared to Elastic Observability: AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring vs Elastic Observability. AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 72% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.

Download the Application Performance Management (APM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring?

How do real users experience your browser-based applications? Using browser real-user monitoring follow their journey and optimize their experience with powerful end-to-end performance management that rapidly identifies application issues and relevant business transactions, and dramatically reduces MTTR.

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring Customers

Sony, DirecTV, UBS, The Container Store, The Neta Porter Group, Nasdaq, Cisco, eHarmony, Hallmark, Overstock, Expedia

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring Video

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring Pricing Advice

What users are saying about AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring pricing:
  • "AppDynamics does not usually do monthly payments. They do it on an annual basis, at the very least."
  • "AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring does have licensing cost associated with it."
  • "AppDynamics is more expensive than competitors."
  • AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring Reviews

Nuno Rosa - PeerSpot reviewer
    Principal Consultant at Infosys
    MSP
    End-to-end visibility, feature-rich, but the support could be improved
    • "We can see the customer's path from their computer to the backend systems."
    • "While I am not expecting it in the next release, I would want more centralized management of the agent in the platform and better support."

What is our primary use case?

I am not a user, I am an implementer. For EUC, one of the use cases would be to monitor online shopping from retail, for example, to understand the client's journey and if they are experiencing any difficulties in, at the very least, making their purchase or browsing, the front-end of a specific customer's online shopping. The second would be internal applications to determine whether the application is living in an order that allows it to process its workloads. It's quite generic because we have so many different types of applications.

What is most valuable?

With Real-User Monitoring, the most valuable features are what I have described. We can see the customer's path from their computer to the backend systems. It gives us full visibility end-to-end, and if there are any issues, we can observe and record them to improve application performance quality. In addition to the EUC, you can add synthetic transactions, where you can see from every point if your application is performing adequately in terms of reachability if you are running a global site.

What needs improvement?

As AppDynamics partners, we are fully aware of the roadmap, but I would like them to enhance their SAP monitoring. One of the features that I would like to see is centralized agent management in the platform console. While I am not expecting it in the next release, I would want more centralized management of the agent in the platform and better support.

I've been working with AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring for six years. Since the existence of AppDynamics. It is deployed both on the cloud and on-premises. We don't have a specific version, we have several instances. I work for an MSP, and we offer these services to a large number of customers. We have clients using the latest versions, as well as clients using older versions.
    Application Performance Management (APM)
    June 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about AppDynamics, ITRS, Elastic and others in Application Performance Management (APM). Updated: June 2022.
    610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring is stable if it's quick. Depending on where the application is hosted, for example, the same time it takes someone in Singapore to access an application is unlikely to be the same time it takes someone in the UK to access it.

Scalability is also important. That is not directly related to end-user monitoring, but it will be one of the business cases involving the use of microservices and the dynamic expansion of a solution.

In terms of technical support, they don't need to be faster, but they could be more usable. I believe they can contribute more than robots because they do not always adhere to the same standards. They can be a little more helpful, and I'm speaking broadly because they have good guys in there, but we don't always get the good guys, the good resources. To be honest, I can't say I have any complaints.

I am familiar with AppDynamics, Dynatrace, New Relic, and Datadog, which are the four main ones that we currently use. When it comes to AppDynamics, we use all of it, all the stack.

The setup is straightforward. I don't see an issue if it's on-premises, but if it's SaaS, we don't install anything other than the agent.

AppDynamics does not usually do monthly payments. They do it on an annual basis, at the very least.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using this solution. I would rate AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring a seven out of ten.

Senior Performance Engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
    A stable solution to monitor user behavior, but the functionality needs to be improved
    • "It is a stable solution that helps address user issues well."
    • "If you have a single URL and all the operations are coming in as part of the header, you will not be able to segregate them for different actions."

What is our primary use case?

It is very useful to monitor user behavior and see the user experience.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us to address issues well. For example, if the application is being used worldwide, it's possible that the application is performing well when accessed from the US but that it has issues when accessed from other countries, such as China. So, AppDynamics can clearly show you which users are having issues when accessing your application, and this helps you address it.

What is most valuable?

It is a stable solution. I have found the features that help me see the user experience to be valuable. For example, it will tell you all the visual screens on the mobile application that a user has been visiting. It will also show you how long they have been visiting this particular screen and all the actions the user has taken on the browser.

We can view the end-user experience and end-user response time. For example, if your application is performing well but the users are still complaining, then you will be able to investigate whether it is a network issue or a connection issue.

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring will give you these types of details. It will tell you from which part of the world your application is being accessed, it will give you the page rendering time, how the page is behaving, and when it is being accessed from different parts of the world.

What needs improvement?

If you have a single URL and all the operations are coming in as part of the header, you will not be able to segregate them for different actions. I think this could be improved.

There are different things which can be achieved using Core Change, but it cannot be easily done using the configuration change on the controller.

Also, functionality could be increased on the End-User Monitoring side.

I have been using this solution for the last five years.

It is stable.

I think that it is scalable.

Their technical support is good, but there's room for improvement. The way the technical support staff handle the user could be improved.

Also, technical support staff could be faster and more knowledgeable. They need staff who are more technical. Most often, they ask a standard set of questions, even if they are not relevant to the particular case that has been raised. This could be changed.

The installation is pretty simple. It is a Core Change. For example, if you have to implement End-User Monitoring for a particular browser application, then you will need to inject the JavaScript Agent on the code. This usually takes about one or two hours.

We implemented it ourselves.

AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring does have licensing cost associated with it. We currently have a yearly license.

What other advice do I have?

There are very few products which use End-User Monitoring, and I would rate AppDynamics Browser Real-User Monitoring at seven on a scale from one to ten.

Application Performance Management (APM)
    June 2022
    610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Bharath Babu Kasimsetty - PeerSpot reviewer
    Sr. Manager Digital & Technology at CBRE Group, Inc.
    Provides end-user visibility, assists with troubleshooting problems, and they have good technical support
    • "The most valuable feature is that we can see how our end-users are interacting with our application across regions."
    • "I would like to have customizable dashboards to use when I am monitoring certain applications."

What is our primary use case?

We use AppDynamics for end-to-end monitoring solutions. Our organization is a crowd BPO and we have deployments in 128 countries.

How has it helped my organization?

We recently integrated with Azure Cloud and AWS CloudWatch. They have been designing their applications such that they require a lot of resources including CPU and memory. Using AppDynamics, we have been able to monitor what is happening using fantastic metrics that it provides. We have then been able to identify the root cause of problems.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that we can see how our end-users are interacting with our application across regions. We develop applications for Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer. We do not recommend people develop applications for Firefox.

There are a lot of plugins available.

What needs improvement?

Aternity is a better solution for internet monitoring, so that is an area that could be improved.

I would like to have customizable dashboards to use when I am monitoring certain applications. For example, AppDynamics does not need Power BI-related dashboards because it already supports such functionality. However, I would like to be able to include nicer gadgets or graphs, or perhaps more annotation.

I have been working with AppDynamics for approximately 15 years.

We have 30 to 40 or more applications running in AppDynamics right now, and we are expecting another 30 to 50 to be added in the next six months. This expected increase is the reason that we are evaluating other applications.

We have licensed technical support with AppDynamics and they are really good.

My organization uses both AppDynamics and Aternity. AppDynamics and DynaTrace have higher ratings than Aternity; however, from a cost-optimization perspective, Aternity is better. It provides all of the APM features that the other tools are providing.

AppDynamics is more expensive than competitors.

As we continue to evaluate new products, those by New Relic will be ones that we look at.

What other advice do I have?

I am a big fan of AppDynamics and it is a product I recommend.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Allows us to identify gaps and bottlenecks in the software and monitor applications
    • "We used AppDynamics to identify gaps and bottlenecks in the software."
    • "The interface and user experience could be better."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is deployed on-premises and on the cloud. It has a software gate in several legacy software, and they have part of the application in the cloud. AppDynamics is able to deliver cloud information.

We have 774 small cities, and all the cities have agencies who use the system. We monitor all of the agencies. There are eight million consumers who access these systems on a mobile device and millions of transactions per day.

What is most valuable?

We used AppDynamics to identify gaps and bottlenecks in the software. After that, we were able to monitor the application and the flow of the clients in all the software of the company.

What needs improvement?

The interface and user experience could be better. New products were built after the analysis of the dynamics. After analyzing the traffic, the bottlenecks, and the problems with the database, it's our job to make sure users in our company have a better experience with this solution. Mainly during COVID, there was a high number of transactions. Today, the solution is much better than two years ago.

After we fixed the bugs and bottlenecks, the quality of the software improved. It reduced problems with queries on the database and problems in the browser and mobile application.

I have used this solution for two years.

I'm responsible for the implementation of the dynamics in my company and installing and implementing the database and all kinds of monitoring using AppDynamics.

It's stable.

It's scalable.

Technical support is good.

Setup was very difficult. It took around one year.

There was a team of 12 people involved in the consultant database administration. I don't know the number in the working directory because each system in the company was the responsibility of only one team. There was a team responsible for the system of transformation.

Implementation was done in-house.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 9 out of 10.

I would recommend it for anyone who wants to use it.

Hybrid Cloud
    Download our free Application Performance Management (APM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about AppDynamics, ITRS, Elastic, and more!
    Updated: June 2022