VictorOps is our alerting system for the on-call process. Our developers use this solution to be alerted when something goes wrong with our services. The solution is connected with our monitoring system.
VictorOps is the #6 ranked solution in top IT Alerting and Incident Management tools. PeerSpot users give VictorOps an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. VictorOps is most commonly compared to PagerDuty: VictorOps vs PagerDuty. VictorOps is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 65% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 19% of all views.
Download the IT Alerting and Incident Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022
What is VictorOps?
VictorOps is a real-time IT alerting and incident management platform tool that enables DevOps teams to handle incidents as they occur and also enables teams to proactively manage issues beyond incidents and system outages. Its platform is comprehensive and the workflows and features are conducive to implementing remedial policies. The solution encourages steady communication throughout the lifecycle of the projects by providing an intuitive environment. Beyond helping teams react to incidents, VictorOps monitors and analyzes risk levels and other threats. It also includes smart incident alerts, which produce accurate data. As a result of implementing the solution, efficiency will increase and downtime will be minimized. In addition, VictorOps is ideal for companies of all sizes.
VictorOps has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:
On-call schedule management: You can easily set up rotations, teams, and escalation policies.
Forensics function: This function allows teams to check and monitor the status of projects.
Collaborative problem-solving: This feature enables you to collaborate so you can solve problems efficiently and quickly.
Post-mortem reporting: VictorOps has optimal reporting capabilities.
Alert annotations: With these alert annotations, you can attach documentation to incoming alerts that will help to reduce TTR.
Broad set of notifications: The solution provides incident push, SMS, email, and phone notification options.
One touch on-call handoffs: This feature is very convenient when you experience interruptions and need to switch calls.
- Real-time live infrastructure timeline: With this kind of timeline, you have access to all the context you need in one central location.
In addition to the above main features, VictorOps also includes:
- Filtered incident panes
- HipChat & Slack bidirectional integrations
- Maintenance mode
- Mobile incident acknowledgements
- Android and iOS native apps
- Integration with 62+ tools
- API and Webhooks
- Delivery Insights
- Runbooks and Graphs
- Live Call Routing
There are many benefits to implementing VictorOps. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:
- Centralized hub: VictorOps is a centralized hub for teams to communicate, collaborate, automate, measure, and operate - all from a single place.
- Easy to use: VictorOps is designed to be user friendly and to help teams align themselves.
- Cross-functional collaboration: The solution encourages teams to work collectively, by providing multiple channels and tools for cross-functional collaboration efforts. The platform consolidates different types of expertise to solve a myriad of issues, address potential threats, and act on opportunities.
- Smart analytics and critical diagnostics: The combination of smart analytics, critical diagnostics, proactive monitoring, and alerts, makes VictorOps ideal to help your team to better contextualize issues and understand the relationships of various processes better.
Reviews from Real Users
VictorOps is a solution that stands out when compared to many of its competitors. One of its major advantages is that it has an effective escalation process, which helps save a lot of time.
An IT Operation Manager at a tech services company says, “VictorOps has decreased the meantime to acknowledge an incident management process. Our developers can be on-call faster when we are using this solution. We can fix our incident much quicker.” He also adds, “The solution has beneficial updates, is effective for escalation processes, and has a straightforward implementation.”
NVIDIA, Cisco, NBC, Rackspace, Intuit, DirectTV, NASCAR, Arrow Electronics, Alliance Health, NetApp, Edmunds, New York Times, Return Path, Sony Playstation, CA Technologies, Sphero, Symantic, HBO, Weatherford, Blackboard, Epic Games
VictorOps Pricing Advice
What users are saying about VictorOps pricing:
"The price of the solution could be less expensive."