Vectra AI is #2 ranked solution in top Network Detection and Response (NDR) tools
, #3 ranked solution in top Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software
, and #3 ranked solution in Network Traffic Analysis tools
. PeerSpot users give Vectra AI an average rating of 10 out of 10.
Vectra AI is most commonly compared to Darktrace: Vectra AI vs Darktrace
. Vectra AI is popular among the large enterprise segment,
accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a
computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.
Vectra AI Buyer's Guide
Download the Vectra AI Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022
What is Vectra AI?
Vectra threat detection and response is a complete cybersecurity platform that collects, detects, and prioritizes security alerts. The Cognito platform for Network Detection and Response (NDR) detects and responds to attacks inside cloud, data center, Internet of Things, and enterprise networks. The platform also provides automated response capabilities for low-level threats and escalates more severe anomalies to security personnel.
Cognito captures data for multiple relevant sources and enriches it with context and security insights. It starts by deploying sensors across different networks in datacenters, IoT, or enterprise networks. The algorithm extracts relevant metadata from network and cloud traffic. The information can also be non-security information that can help investigation.
The data is enriched with security context to support critical use cases, such as threat detection, investigation, hunting and compliance. The platform is machine learning-based, which enables it to adapt to any new and current threat scenario. It detects, clusters, prioritizes, and anticipates attacks by using identity and host-level enforcement.
With the Vectra platform, a person can investigate 50 threats in just two hours. By prioritizing alerts and leveraging threat intelligence, it provides faster results.Vectra solves today’s security challenges for network detection and response.
One of Vectra’s best features is the emphasis they put in pairing research and data science for security insights. It offers behavior codification with unsupervised, supervised, and deep learning models.
The pricing is according to a subscription model with a free trial available.Vectra is available for Office 365, Azure AD and AWS Brain.
Features of Vectra AI
- AI-based threat detection and response.
- Detects attacks in real time with behavior-based threat detection.
- Consolidates and correlates thousands of events, detecting threats.
- Enriches threat investigation with a chain of evidence and data science security insights.
- Machine learning techniques, including deep learning and neural networks.
- Gives visibility into cyberattackers and analyzes all network traffic.
- Continuous updates with new threat detection algorithms.
- Provides encryption at rest and in transit. For the AWS version, it offers AES-256 encryption via AWS Key Management Service.
- Guaranteed availability according to the SLA of the service selected.
- Does not connect to public sector networks.
Benefits of Vectra AI
- Behavioral models use AI to find unknown attackers.
- Context increases the accuracy of threat hunting.
- Allows for proactive action by prioritizing the most relevant information.
- Provides a clear picture and extensive context for investigations.
- Aids decision-making in the incident response process.
- Helps working with large datasets by capturing metadata at scale.
- Automates time-consuming analysis.
- Reduces the security analysts’ workloads on threat investigations.
Other advantages of Vectra services include that they can be deployed in the public, private, or hybrid cloud. Support is available via email or online ticketing with an average of 4 hours of response. Phone support is available 24/7.
Vectra provides full on-site and online training and documentation. Regarding the user interface, it supports several types of web browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera. However, it is not available for mobile devices.
Reviews from Real Users
Here’s what PeerSpot users of Vectra AI have to say about it:
"One of the core features is that Vectra AI triages threats and correlates them with compromised host devices. From a visibility perspective, we can better track the threat across the network. Instead of us potentially finding one device that has been impacted without Vectra AI, it will give us the visibility of everywhere that threat went. Therefore, visibility has increased for us." - Dave W., Operations Manager at a healthcare company
"It does a reliable job of parsing out the logs of all the network traffic so that we can ingest them into our SIEM and utilize them for threat hunting and case investigations. It is pretty robust and reliable. The administration time that we spend maintaining it or troubleshooting it is very low.” - T.S., Senior Security Engineer at a manufacturing company
Vectra AI was previously known as Vectra Networks, Vectra AI NDR.
Vectra AI Customers
Tribune Media Group, Barry University, Aruba Networks, Good Technology, Riverbed, Santa Clara University, Securities Exchange, Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association
Vectra AI Video