IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Stonebranch Universal Automation Center OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Stonebranch Universal Automation Center is #11 ranked solution in top Workload Automation tools. PeerSpot users give Stonebranch Universal Automation Center an average rating of 8 out of 10. Stonebranch Universal Automation Center is most commonly compared to Control-M: Stonebranch Universal Automation Center vs Control-M. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.
What is Stonebranch Universal Automation Center?

The Stonebranch Workload Automation solution, part of our Universal Automation Center platform, helps organizations automate, manage, and orchestrate their IT processes - across hybrid IT environments.

1. Workflow Orchestration and Automation: Holistically control scripts, jobs, tasks, and IT processes running across your on-prem, hybrid cloud, and/or multi-cloud environments.

2. Real-Time Automation: With our event-driven automation technology, it is now possible to achieve real-time automation across your entire hybrid IT environment.

3. Self-Service Automation: With a focus on ease-of-use, you can empower your workforce with self-service automation using member roles and permissions.

4. BI & Analytics: Centralize operational control and insight with proactive monitoring, reporting, and alerts

Product Features:

- Drag-and-drop Workflow Creation: You don’t have to be a developer to create automation. Custom scripting is a thing of the past. Easily create workflows with an intuitive drag-and-drop user interface.

- DevOps enabled: Align priorities between IT Ops and DevOps with Jobs-as-Code, Infrastructure-as-Code, and bundle-and-promote features.

- Limitless 3rd Party Integrations: Integrate into any platform or application from the mainframe to the cloud. Use pre-packaged integrations, build your own, or download integration blueprints from the community-driven opensource marketplace.

- Available on-premises or as a SaaS-based deployment, the UAC is a modern platform built to scale with your business.

Download the Workload Automation Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2022

Stonebranch Universal Automation Center Customers

Nissan, Coop, United Supermarkets, Groupon, CSC, Orbitz, Johnson & Johnson, BMW, Qantas.

Stonebranch Universal Automation Center Video

Stonebranch Universal Automation Center Reviews

Architect & Technical Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Scalable, stable, and very user friendly
  • "The interface is very user-friendly and easy to navigate."
  • "It would be ideal if they had the exact same features as the CA Workload Automation DE series. It would be helpful to have calendaring options."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The installation of the product is very straightforward. The interface is very user-friendly and easy to navigate. The solution is very stable. The product can scale easily. We've found the pricing to be reasonable.

What needs improvement?

The product is very new to us still. Therefore, it's difficult to gauge if there's anything missing. We're still learning about the product as we go.

We started using this solution last year. It hasn't been too long.
Workload Automation
May 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Stonebranch, BMC, IBM and others in Workload Automation. Updated: May 2022.
597,708 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability of the solution is very reasonable. It's reliable. We haven't found that there are bugs or glitches. We haven't dealt with it crashing or freezing. It's been good.

The solution is very easy to scale. If a company needs to scale the solution out, it can do so. So far, the projects we are working on are for a small company. We haven't tried it for an enterprise-level company just yet. That may come in the future.

Before starting with this solution, we worked with CA.

We've found the initial setup to be quite straightforward. It's not complex at all. It's very easy and this is one of the solution's selling points. The deployment is quite quick. Within the hour I had everything pretty much up and running.

The pricing is quite reasonable. We found the cost to be surprisingly good.

What other advice do I have?

We are a reseller. We are a software company. So far, we've had a pretty good experience using the solution. We need a bit more time with it, however, to get more comfortable with everything. Overall, I would rate it at an eight out of ten, as so far the experience we've had has been positive.
Application Architect at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Reliable, scalable, with multiple workflows
  • "I like the dashboard and the various workflows."
  • "It can't handle negative written codes."

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant. Stonebranch was used for retail businesses.

What is most valuable?

I like the dashboard and the various workflows.

What needs improvement?

It can't handle negative written codes.

If a program was providing a negative value, it wouldn't be able to handle it well.

There some issues with the conversions initially and with the initial simulations. These are areas that could be improved.

I have been using the most recent version of Stonebranch Universal Automation Center for two years.

It's reasonably stable and there are no complaints.

It's a very scalable solution.

I haven't dealt with technical support directly, but I have worked with people in the company who have worked with Stonebranc technical support.

There are no complaints, but they have to work on some of the criteria they use. Some of the things suggested didn't work well and didn't get converted properly. I have had to redo it because of that.

The initial setup was handled by another department. We transitioned and built our virtuals after the environment was set up.

I am not aware of the cost.

What other advice do I have?

The project using Stonebranch has finished. I don't have access to the Stonebranch environment now. We last used it six to twelve months ago.

It was not complex for me, but you have to follow the documentation. Spend some time to learn about it, then it's no big deal.

Download our free Workload Automation Report and find out what your peers are saying about Stonebranch, BMC, IBM, and more!
Updated: May 2022