SnapLogic OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SnapLogic is the #6 ranked solution in top Cloud Data Integration tools and top Integration Platform as a Service providers. PeerSpot users give SnapLogic an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. SnapLogic is most commonly compared to Matillion ETL: SnapLogic vs Matillion ETL. SnapLogic is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 71% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 19% of all views.
SnapLogic Buyer's Guide

Download the SnapLogic Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is SnapLogic?

The SnapLogic Intelligent Integration Platform uses AI-powered workflows to automate all stages of IT integration projects – design, development, deployment, and maintenance – whether on-premises, in the cloud, or in hybrid environments. The platform’s easy-to-use, self-service interface enables both expert and citizen integrators to manage all application integration, data integration, API management, B2B integration, and data engineering projects on a single, scalable platform. With SnapLogic, organizations can connect all of their enterprise systems quickly and easily to automate business processes, accelerate analytics, and drive transformation.

SnapLogic was previously known as DataFlow.

SnapLogic Customers

Adobe, ADP, BlackBerry, Bonobos, Box, Capital One, Dannon, Eero, Endo, Gensler, HCL, HP, Grovo, HIS, iRobot, Leica, Merck, Sans, Target, Verizon, Vodafone, Yelp, Yahoo!

SnapLogic Video

Archived SnapLogic Reviews (more than two years old)

Technical Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Low-code, high-volume data transfer that cuts down the delivery time, but the support team is not responsive
  • "SnapLogice is a low-code development tool."
  • "The support is the most important improvement they could make."

What is our primary use case?

It's primarily for cloud-to-cloud application integrations.

We are moving the data in Redshift that is from Amazon.

Our primary use case is for data integration, data applications, and data migrations from SAP data to data in Amazon Redshift.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are Big Data, integration, and high volume data transfers.

SnapLogic is an Artificial intelligence-based solution.

SnapLogic is a low-code development tool.

The amount of coding required is very low and the development time is low when designing the pipelines.

It's a fast learning solution.

With SnapLogic, you can cut down the delivery times and send high volumes.

What needs improvement?

The stability can be improved.

The problem with Snaplogic is convincing the management. SnapLogic is a technical product, which could be the reason that convincing the management is so difficult.

High-volume integration and the number of dependencies should be lower.

The EPA requires a lot of customization. Many other solutions are programming-oriented, which require a lot of customization.

The support is the most important improvement they could make. In the next release, I would like better support, more online tutorials, online certification courses, and better marketing to help, geared to large businesses and showing them how this solution can meet their requirements.

Also, more integration would be helpful.

I have been using SnapLogic for two years.

SnapLogic
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about SnapLogic. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
655,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.

When it comes to stability, we have experienced some issues where it says it is not available.

SnapLogic is scalable. They have the load increase and it is able to spin the resources and get the data done.

We have four users in our organizations using this solution.

We won't get help from technical support. We have local support. You won't get any help from the internet.

You have to dig through and identify the issues.

The support team is not very responsive.

Previously, we were using TIBCO.

The initial setup was easy and it took one to two hours to build and deploy it.

It only takes one engineer to maintain this solution.

I completed the implementation myself.

SnapLogic is not expensive. It's reasonably priced.

When you compare SnapLogic with other solutions it can handle higher volume transactions, two or three gigabytes, and even more than 10 terabytes.

What other advice do I have?

I think the master data management, use-cases, and high-volume data transfers are good. Each product has its own strengths and weaknesses. Solutions such as Mulesoft will focus heavily on the engineering soft bundle.

If SnapLogic meets the needs and requirements of the use cases and the business, then I would recommend this solution to anyone who is interested in using it.

I would rate SnapLogic a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
NiranjanaMangaleswaran - PeerSpot reviewer
Software Engineering Manager at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Simple to use and scalable but isn't ideal for complex processing
  • "The solution is easy to implement and easy to use. It's basically just drag and drop."
  • "The solution isn't ideal for complex processing or logic. We use another solution for that."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for integrating different applications. It's very flexible and we can use it as either a database or just a set of cloud-based applications.

How has it helped my organization?

Creation of re-usabe components,ease of use and hybrid integration (Groundplex and Cloud) makes Snaplogic a better player in the market.

What is most valuable?

We're able to use the solution as a hybrid deployment. It's one of the solution's main advantages. You can also have multiple applications connected.

We can integrate multiple solutions, including Jira.

We have a semantic layer and are able to pull all the data from different applications using APIs.

The user interface is very simple. It's easy for anyone to pick up and adopt.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure if this solution can integrate with Docker, but if it can't they should work to make this possible as Docker makes it easy to get huge amounts of data and has very good policies.

I've been using the solution for six months.

The stability of the solution is very good. It's why we are using it. We haven't experienced any bugs or glitches that would make us concerned that the solution isn't stable.

The scalability is good, but it's much more scalable on the cloud. It's plug and play and is usable as soon as we move and upload our data. It may take a bit of configuration, but it's definitely scalable with a few easy adjustments.

We've never contacted technical support. Our company is able to manage issues internally and has team members that troubleshoot problems.

We do also use Informatica, and if we need to do complex processing or logic, including machine logic, we use that instead of SnapLogic. Combining these two tools creates quite an advantage for us. SnapLogic has a lot of reusable components in the pipeline and integrating the two together makes for a quite scalable solution.

The initial setup of the solution is very easy. We didn't find any complexities.

We have CSV leaders and have continuous integration for continuous deployment. We put all of our pipelines into the central system and go into production.

The time it takes to deploy the solution depends on the company. The volume of data, latency, or other factors will dictate the amount of time it will take.

We have our own in-house team that handles the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

We use the solution on a daily basis.

I'd advise other companies that if it's combined with other tools it will make for a very strong solution.

I'd recommend the product. We already have clients on it and many of our team members have tested it.

I'd rate the solution six out of ten overall, simply because, as a solution, it's still growing. It's not mature yet. If it had simpler logic processing, I'd probably bump it up to an eight. It's easy to use, scalable and reusable and it's overall a great product.

Hybrid Cloud

Microsoft Azure
SnapLogic
November 2022
655,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Associate Software Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
The connection with SOAP is the best feature. It needs some more snaps.

What is most valuable?

The connection with SOAP is the best feature.

How has it helped my organization?

It is a better solution for file transfer.

What needs improvement?

It needs some more snaps. I would like to see some of the features be changed in some of the snaps.

I’ve used this for four months.

We had no issues with deployment.

We have not yet contacted technical support.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

We are doing very well with it.

Evan Hovorka - PeerSpot reviewer
Director - Digital Media and Data Products at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Provides integration capabilities. Builds prototypes and MVPs.
  • "An important tool for building prototypes and MVPs than can seamlessly turn into production jobs"
  • "Connecting to data behind enterprise firewalls has been tricky."

What is most valuable?

• Fast deployment
  • Very flexible integration capabilities
  • An important tool for building prototypes and MVPs than can seamlessly turn into production jobs
  • Easy automation of interdependent data workflows

How has it helped my organization?

• My teams can connect to new partners and data sources in hours, not days.
  • We complete more work and integrate faster, allowing us to prove ROI quicker on new ideas.
  • Provides independence from other support teams, where my work may not be a priority.
  • Has created a tool to answer “what if” questions quickly.
  • Faster design of new products.

What needs improvement?

Connecting to data behind enterprise firewalls has been tricky, but for reasons that SnapLogic cannot always control.

I have used SnapLogic for three years.

We have had above 99% uptime over the three year span.

There have been no scalability issues.

Support is A+. The support has been a key reason why we continue to use SnapLogic.

We have several internal tools to accomplish what SnapLogic provides. They range in maturity and usefulness, but ultimately they all have trouble with one piece of the puzzle. In terms of connecting to our many third-parties, for example, SnapLogic was the most flexible and provides the fastest path to production.

The setup is seamless. It just involves a few phone calls and some training. The interface can take a few hours to get comfortable with. While the GUI looks simple, proactive technical problem solvers are needed to really shine.

They have pricing/usage tiers that are easy to move up or down. Forecasting use was not something I spent time on.

I evaluated MuleSoft, Informatica, and internally built tools.

What other advice do I have?

If you have real issues to solve, simply get started. The time to observe SnapLogic’s ability to solve your problems will be equal or less than doing traditional vendor vetting/investigations.

it_user835284 - PeerSpot reviewer
it_user835284Technology Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees

Hello,

My name is Badrish, I am working as a Technology Architect in the Integration practice, Cognizant Technology Solutions US Corp.

Currently I am in process of studying different industry leading iPaaS products and making a comparative analysis so that we could recommend a right product stack to our customers

I have been going through SnapLogic public /social blogs and have registered myself for a trial account so that I get more familiar with some handson exercises

Meanwhile I do have following questions on SnapLogic Enterprise Integration Cloud

1) What are the different subscription models SnaplLogic offer? Is the information in the link correct? https://www.g2crowd.com/products/snaplogic/pricing

2) If the answer in above link is right, can you please elaborate? What defines a Mid Market & Enterprise -a) Scalability factors? b) Access to number of snaps? c) Snap capabilities? d) Number of transactions?

3) I understand Snaplex is the data processing engine of the SnapLogic Elastic Integration Platform. Do customers have flexibility to deploy any number of Snaplexes (Cloud/Ground)? What is the cost factor associated? Does it rely on AWS infrastructure and customers need to any additional cost for AWS?

Curious to hear from you. Thanks in Advance!

Regards,
Badrish

it_user656295 - PeerSpot reviewer
Business Systems & Operations Manager at a manufacturing company with 11-50 employees
You can see the building blocks of the integration visually.
  • "By using snaps instead of functions in code, you can see the building blocks of the integration visually. This helps a lot."
  • "SnapLogic sits somewhere in the middle. It doesn’t offer enough easy canned integrations for its users like some of the easier to use integration apps."

What is most valuable?

• It makes creating complicated integrations that would normally be scripted, easy to digest, design, and understand.
  • By using snaps instead of functions in code, you can see the building blocks of the integration visually. This helps a lot.
  • It is extremely easy to connect to various business systems and product integrations rapidly.

How has it helped my organization?

• It automatically sends contracts from Salesforce to Workday, so there was no need for manual data entry.
  • By the end of the year, I had created integrations that saved multiple roles worth of time. This allowed the employees to be effective in other areas.

What needs improvement?

The product can include more canned integrations that can be used.

In the field of integration apps, I see a spectrum of apps where one side is point-and-click with zero technical ability needed, and the other side is a platform where you basically write code.

I have been using the product for about a year.

There were occasional stability issues with various snaps having bugs. It was rare that anything wasn’t fixed immediately.

Scalability was easy. You simply add more nodes to your account and it can scale as large as it needs to.

The customer success manager I had was one of the best I’ve ever had from any software company. I very highly regard the support I received from SnapLogic.

I did not previously use a different system. I do use a free version of Workato from time to time, due to its cost and ease of point and click integrations.

There was no real initial setup. I went to SnapLogic for a day of training, received credentials, and started.

SnapLogic costs can be largely dependent on the cost of their nodes.

It is a higher initial cost than other easy-to-use integration apps.

If they need to build complex integrations and don’t want to use code, look to SnapLogic.

If you want to build simple integrations and send e-mails, there are probably more affordable options.

We looked at MuleSoft. They are on the more code heavy side, but are probably the best option for a very large enterprise.

What other advice do I have?

Lean on the customer success manager.

Evan Hovorka - PeerSpot reviewer
Evan HovorkaDirector - Digital Media and Data Products at a retailer with 10,001+ employees

I agree, the visual component helps in building work flow but really shines when transitioning ownership to other people (cross training). The picture provides built in documentation of what is intended.

Download our free SnapLogic Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022