IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

SnapLogic OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SnapLogic is #6 ranked solution in top Integration Platform as a Service providers and #7 ranked solution in top Cloud Data Integration tools. PeerSpot users give SnapLogic an average rating of 8 out of 10. SnapLogic is most commonly compared to AWS Glue: SnapLogic vs AWS Glue. SnapLogic is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 74% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 29% of all views.
SnapLogic Buyer's Guide

Download the SnapLogic Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is SnapLogic?

The SnapLogic Intelligent Integration Platform uses AI-powered workflows to automate all stages of IT integration projects – design, development, deployment, and maintenance – whether on-premises, in the cloud, or in hybrid environments. The platform’s easy-to-use, self-service interface enables both expert and citizen integrators to manage all application integration, data integration, API management, B2B integration, and data engineering projects on a single, scalable platform. With SnapLogic, organizations can connect all of their enterprise systems quickly and easily to automate business processes, accelerate analytics, and drive transformation.

SnapLogic was previously known as DataFlow.

SnapLogic Customers

Adobe, ADP, BlackBerry, Bonobos, Box, Capital One, Dannon, Eero, Endo, Gensler, HCL, HP, Grovo, HIS, iRobot, Leica, Merck, Sans, Target, Verizon, Vodafone, Yelp, Yahoo!

SnapLogic Video

SnapLogic Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SnapLogic pricing:
"SnapLogic is not expensive. It's reasonably priced."

SnapLogic Reviews

Arumugam Chellappa - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Software Developer at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to set up, easy to use, and is low-code
  • "It's more developer-friendly, and development can be done at a faster phase."
  • "We'd like zero downtime in the future."

What is our primary use case?

SnapLogic is a combination of API management and an ETL tool, like Informatica. You can use it as an ETL tool if you want. You can create your APIs, and manage them. You can keep it as a real-time pipeline. You can have it like a scheduled one. It has many flavors. You can try whatever you want. However, mostly we use it as a real-time scheduler.

What is most valuable?

It's a not-bad, low-code solution. You can directly pull, drag and drop. Even if you have some coding to be done, you can do it on your own. You can do it in Python. It's more developer-friendly, and development can be done at a very faster phase. Once you develop, on the fly, you can see all the data and how the data is getting transformed, and how data is available.  It's a very easy-to-use tool. Most importantly, for any new developer, if you want to onboard, it's very easy. The initial setup is simple.  The solution has multiple dashboards.

What needs improvement?

Right now, they have reduced their window period. You will have periodical upgrades from them. Previously, the application used to be down for a while. If you have any real-time pipelines, you need a bridge which is a little costlier solution. You'd need to have a separate server for batching, due to these issues. Otherwise, it'll go down. Your scheduler, you can rerun it, however, in real-time, your business cannot wait. That means you'll maintain a separate server.  However, they have reduced this significantly, with downtime down to 15 minutes from two hours. However, if they could further reduce it, that would still be better. We'd like zero downtime in the future.  In the past two years, we have seen tremendous growth. We expect very good things in the near future.  They, however, do not have their own cloud platform for their iPaaS in the same way AWS or Azure does.

I've been using the solution for around five or six years.
SnapLogic
June 2022
Learn what your peers think about SnapLogic. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's very stable. We run it 24/7 and it has never failed anywhere - and we use it in multiple regions, including the UK, India, and the United Arab Emirates.

The scalability is straightforward. They are also like one cloud provider. They have scalability. You can do even vertical or horizontal scalability. It's flexible in that sense. While I'm not sure exactly how many people are using the product, my understanding is that it is around 100 or so. Anyone can use it, however, mostly, it's developers, senior developers, developers, and managers.

We have used technical support many times. We might have a unique use case where we need help from the SnapLogic team, or else there can be some bugs in the snaps, that we use to work with. This happened two years back. As of late, it's a very stable product. We don't need their interaction anymore, and we are also very much more mature here in our team. The need for them has lessened over time. That said, while the SnapLogic technical managers are very good, the support model isn't great and should improve.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

We did use a solution previously, however, we moved in the direction of iPaaS. This product is also less costly than what we were doing before. They have very good competition right now. I'm using SnapLogic, however, I am ultimately using ADF also, Azure Data Factory. If something is in Azure, I can use it directly in Azure, instead of pulling data from Azure, moving it to SnapLogic's cloud, and then moving it to some other place. AWS has its own iPaaS tool, which is Glue. It works the same way as Azure Data Factory. SnapLogic is in between. It can connect to any cloud.

The initial setup is very straightforward. You just need to provision some servers. It's a UE-based tool, so you don't need to install it. Nothing is required. It's ready anytime, anywhere, any place. This is the tag which is given by SnapLogic. As it says, you just need to get your server and put the SnapLogic application inside that server.Once it is done, you can create your number of users, and they can develop with multiple access levels, like ACL in Azure. Everything can be configured. It's very straightforward. It's not like the older days when you created a software limitation. It's an iPaaS tool, it is an integration platform as a service.

We are using the enterprise version of the solution, however, I can't speak to how the licensing is arranged. I'm not sure if we are charged monthly or yearly or what we pay. It might be yearly and we may have a three-year contract with them.

What other advice do I have?

Quarterly, we will have a release. I don't remember the exact version number we are on. However, if there is a change, usually quarterly, they will upgrade your servers. It's almost automatic. We have a provision where it will wait for some time. Once you give a confirmation, it'll be done. That is a hard limit, is also there.  A soft limit is when they advise "Upgrade by the first of August," for example, then, by the first of August, the changes will be there, however, your system will be running in the previous version. Typically, after a week or 15 to 20 days, it'll be a hard limit. It will ask you to upgrade your system. If a company needs to use SnapLogic, first they need to consider why they need it. If you have all your applications moving from on-premise to cloud migration, this is one of the best tools for that. You will have most of your connectivity in the cloud, and if you want to do all the transformations in the cloud, and if you need to push more data, this is the best tool. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Lazo Ilijoski - PeerSpot reviewer
Director of Technology at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reduces time to market; low-code environment can be used by anyone
  • "SnapLogic is a great platform for establishing integrations among various systems or patterns by using any kind of interface. If something is not supported by predefined snaps – snaps are connectors in SnapLogic – you can create them (custom snaps) or write a script."
  • "There is room for improvement with APM management and how task execution looks."

What is our primary use case?

We use SnapLogic to develop internal proof of concept solutions that we later offer to the clients. SnapLogic is a great platform for establishing integrations among various systems or platforms by using any kind of interface. If something is not supported by predefined snaps – snaps are connectors in SnapLogic – you can create them (custom snaps) or write a script. So far, I have not experienced an issue with SnapLogic that was not resolved.

How has it helped my organization?

By using SnapLogic, you can reduce time to market. This platform can be used not just by developers, but also by business analyst and citizen integrators. You don't have to be too experienced or skilled to use SnapLogic as the solution is a low-code enviornment. Everything depends on your IT proficiency. You can use it on a higher level but it's a useful platform for everyone.

What is most valuable?

The SnapLogic dashboard is good because it gives you a plethora of information for troubleshooting when there's an issue. By using the dashboard, you can find exactly what the cause of the problem was and simulate easily.

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement of API management and the dashboard for task execution. However, they have made some nice improvements in that regard recently.

Allowing external services to connect to API management would be great as well.

I have been using SnapLogic for three years.

SnapLogic's stability has been OK so far. The solution allows organizations to manage their workloads by using different snaplexes, or by using different nodes for specific processes. You can set number of threads that will be used in same time, and by setting different options you can handle the available resources of the platform.

If you want to guarantee some SLA parameters, you can specify which processes to run on which server. The solution is quite manageable.

From a performance point of view, you can use different type of snaps (connectors). If you have millions of records, you can use bulk snaps to process millions of records in a few seconds.

SnapLogic is scalable. We have some 50 people using SnapLogic in our organization.

We have had several tech support tickets with SnapLogic and they're quite responsive. When you send in a ticket, they will react within 24 hours and fix your issue within a few days.

The initial SnapLogic setup is fairly straightforward. You can set it up in less than one hour. Even 30 minutes could be enough to create an on-prem SnapLogic environment.

There are several potential SnapLogic deployment strategies. Which an organization chooses will depend on its resources. You can create different SnapLogic deployments if you want to have logical separation of different projects or different environments, or you can use different organizations within SnapLogic. An organization is a workspace in the SnapLogic world. You can have physical and logical separation of different environments within SnapLogic.

The solution can be deployed and managed by a single administrator in a small or medium-sized company. Up to three administrators are enough for an enterprise company.

I work in a company that provides SnapLogic consultancy services. I deploy SnapLogic for other organizations.

I would rather not say.

Before choosing SnapLogic, I used TIBCO,  Oracle Fusion Suite and MuleSoft. But considering the profile of the people who will use the solution, SnapLogic is preferable platform because it can be used by business analysts, citizen integrators, and developers. The other platforms required a certain level of skill to use. SnapLogic, on the other hand, is a low-code environment.

What other advice do I have?

There are cheaper tools on the market, but when you compare what they offer with what SnapLogic offers, you will find that you may pay a little more for SnapLogic, but you get a lot more in return. At the same time, SnapLogic offers the same capabilities that much more expensive platforms on the market offer.

My advice to those who want to implement an integration platform to try using the free version of SnapLogic and to check all possibilities that SnapLogic offers. This is the best way to see SnapLogic's benefits.

On a scale of one to ten, with one being the worst and ten being the best, I would give SnapLogic a nine for overall performance.

SnapLogic
June 2022
610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Pedamalli Chiranjeevi - PeerSpot reviewer
SnapLogic & Integration Developer at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
Good mapping, offers lots of features and enhancements, and is reliable
  • "They are very good at building out new aspects according to customer requirements."
  • "We'd like there to be more ways for users to get more comfortable and have more experience with the solution to make it easier to use."

What is our primary use case?

When we get a requirement from the business, we'll get the mapping documents. Based on the mapping documents, we'll map the issues.

What is most valuable?

Everything is very good.

It's good for mapping for the company.

We have a lot of use cases that we can apply to this solution.

What needs improvement?

We'd like there to be more ways for users to get more comfortable and have more experience with the solution to make it easier to use. It would help with referring issues, for example.

When we get error messages, I'd like them to be more simplified and easier to understand.

I've been using the solution for more than seven years.

The solution is very stable. People have been using it since 2013. It's quite mature and reliable.

The solution is scalable. It's not a problem to expand it. When we were starting out, we had some issues, however, we are very comfortable with it now.

We have between 100 and 250 people using the solution.

We have our own internal team, which is great. SnapLogic support is okay. When we have issues that can't be fixed internally, we call them and they can help us. If there's an issue with the platform or an issue with the component they have to fix it. It takes some time. It would be nice if it could be a bit faster. However, when we deal with them, we have to wait in a queue and they sometimes have hundreds of customers they have to share their time with. They don't really have support set up to fast-track urgent issues, for example.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We decided to choose this product over others as it was easier and compatible with all the endpoints. The usage was faster and it's easy to understand. However, it's up to the customer and is based on their needs.

Some colleagues are also working on Azure.

It's both easy and difficult to set up. Sometimes, there are some issues and something which we can't fix. Only SnapLogic can fix certain platform issues. Sometimes issues will be made by the developers, integration developers, et cetera. If we get an issue with the code or something else, then we can fix it, however. If it's something we can handle, then it is very smooth. Otherwise, we have to wait and reach out for help.

The integration is straightforward, it's easy, and based on the use cases I have dealt with. The setup is very easy.

That said, you need to know what you are doing. There are different user roles that need to be taken into account.

Often, to finalize the deployment, we need to raise a request and they can action it within a day or within a week. That's typically how long it takes to set up the user roles.

The solution offers moderately priced licensing. It's not overly cheap or overly expensive. That said, since last year, they have increased the price. It's based on usage.

We do find that it is worth the cost. However, it depends on how you use it. If they give a $1 million per year contract, and if you are not even sending one integration to live then it's not useful.

Running a POC is free.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and an end-user.

I'm using the latest version of the solution and just upgraded last week.

People should try the solution and try the free POC. People should try it and compare it to others, and, if it works within the environment and the necessary integrations, it's a good solution for them.

Right now, the product is in the process of not really adding new things, but rather enhancing all of the features they have. They're also implementing machine learning and AI right now. They're also moving towards big data.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Private Cloud
Senior Associate at PwC Acceleration Centers
Plug-and-play, works for both small and complex use cases, and has a responsive technical support
  • "What I found most valuable in SnapLogic is the ETL feature, particularly the Transform Snap Pack, for example, any kind of reading or writing on Transform Snaps. Other than that, all the third-party connectivity tools such as the SAP Snap Pack, Salesforce Snap Pack, Workday Snap Pack, even the ServiceNow Snap Pack, I find all those are pretty useful in SnapLogic."
  • "One area for improvement in SnapLogic is the transparency in the flow of data. It needs to have more transparency. Right now, users only have a preview option at the end of any job flow, so at the end of any Snap Pack, there is a data preview option that lets you review the data and see how it's moving. What would make the solution better is more debugging and more access to change data from the preview panel or more functionality in terms of the preview option."

What is our primary use case?

My major use case for SnapLogic is for ETL. It's for data migration purposes. For example, I've used it to move data from SAP systems, across SAP systems, or across Salesforce systems. I've also used SnapLogic to integrate data from Workday or from some downstream enterprise specific applications to Workday.

What is most valuable?

What I found most valuable in SnapLogic is the ETL feature, particularly the Transform Snap Pack, for example, any kind of reading or writing on Transform Snaps. Other than that, all the third-party connectivity tools such as the SAP Snap Pack, Salesforce Snap Pack, Workday Snap Pack, even the ServiceNow Snap Pack, I find all those are pretty useful in SnapLogic.

What needs improvement?

One area for improvement in SnapLogic is the transparency in the flow of data. It needs to have more transparency. Right now, users only have a preview option at the end of any job flow, so at the end of any Snap Pack, there is a data preview option that lets you review the data and see how it's moving. What would make the solution better is more debugging and more access to change data from the preview panel or more functionality in terms of the preview option.

What I'd like to see in the next release of SnapLogic is better debugging of errors. Another feature I'd like to see in the solution is a more in-depth data preview because currently, it just shows you what happened to the data, rather than giving you a preview of how the data gets transformed.

I've been using SnapLogic for four to five years, and I've used it within the last twelve months.

SnapLogic is a pretty stable solution. Stability-wise, access, or any minimum downtime, the solution is pretty good. No complaints on stability.

SnapLogic is a scalable solution, and all the new changes they are bringing in are making SnapLogic a plug-and-play solution. It's good for very small use cases, or even for complex or big data management use cases. The solution is pretty scalable.

I've used the technical support for SnapLogic, and on a scale of one to five, with one being bad and five being excellent, I'd rate the support four out of five. I'm happy with the response time. The technical support team solved my issues.

My company decided to use SnapLogic because of its scalability, minimal setup, and cost effectiveness.

The initial setup for SnapLogic was pretty easy. There were self-explanatory documents available, so setting the solution up was pretty easy. The deployment took less than half a day.

I'm not aware of the licensing cost for SnapLogic. My boss takes care of it.

What other advice do I have?

I'm using the latest version of SnapLogic, but I don't remember the version number.

In my organization, across the board, I'm not sure how many people use SnapLogic, but at my location, there are thirty to forty users of the solution. In terms of roles, all users are developers.

My advice to first time users of SnapLogic or to anyone looking into implementing it is that if there is a requirement to move data across systems or to integrate data across different systems, I'd definitely recommend SnapLogic, because it's a tool that's pretty easy to use. Much of it is only drag and drop and it is a low code tool. I'll very much recommend SnapLogic to others.

My rating for SnapLogic is eight out of ten. There are still issues for a user like me in terms of debugging in SnapLogic. It gives very limited options for debugging, and that's a major area to work on, so I didn't give it a perfect score.

My company is a customer of SnapLogic.

Software Engineer at Torry Harris Business Solutions
MSP
Low-code and makes configuring and managing all file systems handy; has snaps that allow users to call the web service easily
  • "The feature I found most valuable in SnapLogic is low-code development. Low-code development has been very useful for simple processes, which is required for business users such as extracting details from a file or getting things reported by calling your web service. Calling your web service also becomes easier with SnapLogic because of the snaps available, so if you have the documentation, you can call an API. You don't have to write all those clients to call an API, so that is another feature I found very easy in SnapLogic. Configuring and managing all the file systems also become very handy with the solution."
  • "One of the areas for improvement in SnapLogic is that the connectors for some of the applications should be more available in terms of testing in the dev environment. Another area for improvement is that the logging should be standardized, for example, the integration with an ELK stack should be required out-of-the-box, so you can ship the log and have it in the ELK stack. There should be integration with ELK stack for the log shipping."

What is our primary use case?

SnapLogic was used for building simple pipelines to call REST API, to get details from a file and call REST API and post those details. It was also used while working with expense solutions for finance posting and other complex solutions.

What is most valuable?

The feature I found most valuable in SnapLogic is low-code development. Low-code development has been very useful for simple processes, which is required for business users such as extracting details from a file or getting things reported by calling your web service. Calling your web service also becomes easier with SnapLogic because of the snaps available, so if you have the documentation, you can call an API. You don't have to write all those clients to call an API, so that is another feature I found very easy in SnapLogic. Configuring and managing all the file systems also become very handy with the solution.

What needs improvement?

One of the areas for improvement in SnapLogic is that the connectors for some of the applications should be more available in terms of testing in the dev environment. Another area for improvement is that the logging should be standardized, for example, the integration with an ELK stack should be required out-of-the-box, so you can ship the log and have it in the ELK stack. There should be integration with ELK stack for the log shipping.

An additional feature I'd like to see in SnapLogic is the functionality of building streaming applications, for example the Pub/Sub model. SnapLogic currently supports Kafka and other streaming applications, but there's more focus on building streaming pipelines now, so if that feature is there, it'll be very helpful.

I last worked with SnapLogic six months ago. I was one of the early adopters of SnapLogic when it was introduced, and my previous company started working with the solution in 2017. I used SnapLogic for four and a half years.

SnapLogic is a stable solution. It has become more stable now. There's a learning curve on how you will develop an operational application or how you will develop pipelines there, but once you get used to it because it is not like regular programming, once you get used to building the pipelines, SnapLogic is very stable.

SnapLogic is a scalable solution.

Technical support for SnapLogic has been very good, and on a scale of one to five, I'm giving support four out of five.

The initial setup for SnapLogic was straightforward.

We had a consultant from SnapLogic initially for the implementation because we were the early adapters in 2017, but the solution was quite straightforward to deploy.

I evaluated WSO2.

What other advice do I have?

I have experience in both WSO2 and SnapLogic. I worked as a consultant and my client used SnapLogic for retail.

I utilized hybrid deployment for SnapLogic. The company had Plexus, so for the CloudPlex, SnapLogic provided the managed service and for the GroundPlex, it was deployed in AWS.

In terms of the maintenance of the solution, at one point in time, the company had fifty developers working on SnapLogic, and there was also a citizen initiative where citizen users were created, so there were close to sixty developers. There was an operations team of ten people and out of the ten there were seven engineers, and there was a team leader, and then a manager. The team didn't just handle technical errors, as it also provided functional support for SnapLogic.

I'm rating SnapLogic eight out of ten.

NiranjanaMangaleswaran - PeerSpot reviewer
Software Engineering Manager at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Simple to use and scalable but isn't ideal for complex processing
  • "The solution is easy to implement and easy to use. It's basically just drag and drop."
  • "The solution isn't ideal for complex processing or logic. We use another solution for that."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for integrating different applications. It's very flexible and we can use it as either a database or just a set of cloud-based applications.

How has it helped my organization?

Creation of re-usabe components,ease of use and hybrid integration (Groundplex and Cloud) makes Snaplogic a better player in the market.

What is most valuable?

We're able to use the solution as a hybrid deployment. It's one of the solution's main advantages. You can also have multiple applications connected.

We can integrate multiple solutions, including Jira.

We have a semantic layer and are able to pull all the data from different applications using APIs.

The user interface is very simple. It's easy for anyone to pick up and adopt.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure if this solution can integrate with Docker, but if it can't they should work to make this possible as Docker makes it easy to get huge amounts of data and has very good policies.

I've been using the solution for six months.

The stability of the solution is very good. It's why we are using it. We haven't experienced any bugs or glitches that would make us concerned that the solution isn't stable.

The scalability is good, but it's much more scalable on the cloud. It's plug and play and is usable as soon as we move and upload our data. It may take a bit of configuration, but it's definitely scalable with a few easy adjustments.

We've never contacted technical support. Our company is able to manage issues internally and has team members that troubleshoot problems.

We do also use Informatica, and if we need to do complex processing or logic, including machine logic, we use that instead of SnapLogic. Combining these two tools creates quite an advantage for us. SnapLogic has a lot of reusable components in the pipeline and integrating the two together makes for a quite scalable solution.

The initial setup of the solution is very easy. We didn't find any complexities.

We have CSV leaders and have continuous integration for continuous deployment. We put all of our pipelines into the central system and go into production.

The time it takes to deploy the solution depends on the company. The volume of data, latency, or other factors will dictate the amount of time it will take.

We have our own in-house team that handles the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

We use the solution on a daily basis.

I'd advise other companies that if it's combined with other tools it will make for a very strong solution.

I'd recommend the product. We already have clients on it and many of our team members have tested it.

I'd rate the solution six out of ten overall, simply because, as a solution, it's still growing. It's not mature yet. If it had simpler logic processing, I'd probably bump it up to an eight. It's easy to use, scalable and reusable and it's overall a great product.

Microsoft Azure
Technical Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Low-code, high-volume data transfer that cuts down the delivery time, but the support team is not responsive
  • "SnapLogice is a low-code development tool."
  • "The support is the most important improvement they could make."

What is our primary use case?

It's primarily for cloud-to-cloud application integrations.

We are moving the data in Redshift that is from Amazon.

Our primary use case is for data integration, data applications, and data migrations from SAP data to data in Amazon Redshift.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are Big Data, integration, and high volume data transfers.

SnapLogic is an Artificial intelligence-based solution.

SnapLogic is a low-code development tool.

The amount of coding required is very low and the development time is low when designing the pipelines.

It's a fast learning solution.

With SnapLogic, you can cut down the delivery times and send high volumes.

What needs improvement?

The stability can be improved.

The problem with Snaplogic is convincing the management. SnapLogic is a technical product, which could be the reason that convincing the management is so difficult.

High-volume integration and the number of dependencies should be lower.

The EPA requires a lot of customization. Many other solutions are programming-oriented, which require a lot of customization.

The support is the most important improvement they could make. In the next release, I would like better support, more online tutorials, online certification courses, and better marketing to help, geared to large businesses and showing them how this solution can meet their requirements.

Also, more integration would be helpful.

I have been using SnapLogic for two years.

When it comes to stability, we have experienced some issues where it says it is not available.

SnapLogic is scalable. They have the load increase and it is able to spin the resources and get the data done.

We have four users in our organizations using this solution.

We won't get help from technical support. We have local support. You won't get any help from the internet.

You have to dig through and identify the issues.

The support team is not very responsive.

Previously, we were using TIBCO.

The initial setup was easy and it took one to two hours to build and deploy it.

It only takes one engineer to maintain this solution.

I completed the implementation myself.

SnapLogic is not expensive. It's reasonably priced.

When you compare SnapLogic with other solutions it can handle higher volume transactions, two or three gigabytes, and even more than 10 terabytes.

What other advice do I have?

I think the master data management, use-cases, and high-volume data transfers are good. Each product has its own strengths and weaknesses. Solutions such as Mulesoft will focus heavily on the engineering soft bundle.

If SnapLogic meets the needs and requirements of the use cases and the business, then I would recommend this solution to anyone who is interested in using it.

I would rate SnapLogic a seven out of ten.

Lazo Ilijoski - PeerSpot reviewer
Director of Technology at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Very flexible with an easy implementation and a quick deployment
  • "The initial setup is very straightforward."
  • "The dashboards regarding scheduled tasks need further improvement."

What is most valuable?

The solution is great due to the fact that it is really flexible. You can follow the snaps, these connectors which you can use to connect to any system. You get the flexibility to write a custom JavaScript or Python script if you need to.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

The deployment is very fast and the solution is extremely easy to configure.

The stability has been very good so far.

What needs improvement?

The API monitoring could still be improved upon.

The dashboards regarding scheduled tasks need further improvement.

It's not user-friendly. If you want to find out which task was executed, you have no good dashboards for monitoring. There are no user-friendly charts where you can check which API was called, and how many times or if there was a peak of requests to a certain API.

I've been using the solution for about two years at this point. It's been a while.

We've been quite happy with the stability. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. The performance is reliable.

The solution scales well. A company shouldn't have any issues if they need to expand. You can simply add more servers and one SnapLock acts like your workspace. You can plug in your own notes on your own workstation. You can also create additional snap clicks.

Therefore, you get physical scalability in terms of being able to add more servers, however, you can also create different snap clicks, different workspaces, which will ensure your logical scalability. Even if you kept to one organization, you can still have multiple workspaces, one for development and others for UAT or for production. They would all be under that one organization's umbrella.

Everything seems easy and simple in terms of the initial setup. You're accessing that platform via a browser, therefore, you don't need to set up anything. You can use a predefined environment on the cloud and you can easily install your own ground techs. That means you can install your organization on your server. It's all quite straightforward. It's not particularly difficult or complex.

The deployment is pretty fast and typically takes less than an hour or so.

The solution is worth the cost. It gives very good value.

Comparing it to other solutions, such as Oracle, I would say that SnapLogic is pretty much better than the other platforms that I've used previously.

What other advice do I have?

We are an implementation partner for SnapLogic.

So far, I've been extremely satisfied with the solution. I'd rate it at a nine out of ten, as there is always room for improvement in any product.

Download our free SnapLogic Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: June 2022