SmartBear LoadNinja OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SmartBear LoadNinja is the #14 ranked solution in top Performance Testing Tools and top Load Testing Tools. PeerSpot users give SmartBear LoadNinja an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. SmartBear LoadNinja is most commonly compared to Apache JMeter: SmartBear LoadNinja vs Apache JMeter. SmartBear LoadNinja is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 58% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 15% of all views.

Download the Performance Testing Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is SmartBear LoadNinja?

SmartBear LoadNinja is a cloud-based next-generation tool designed to develop and implement automated load tests for web services and web applications. LoadNinja helps organizations test their web server’s performance during tremendous load and will determine scalability and define overall dynamics.

Load testing is integral in today's aggressive marketplace so that organizations can quickly and easily determine how their web servers will operate during extreme load (requests). LoadNinja intuitively creates load tests using automation developed by documenting past interactions over web pages and reproduces these interactions with hundreds of virtual users (VUs) simultaneously. These tests help organizations fully comprehend what load their websites, pages, etc, can successfully sustain without interruption or downtime.

LoadNinja provides various metrics, such as CPU usage and traffic generated during each test run. LoadNinja integrates well with many of today’s popular browsers and web servers.

LoadNinja Testing - How it works:

• Develop a UI or API test scenario: These are single-instance tests. Each test is representative of an actual application usage process, such as updating client information, making or tracking an order, etc. A UI test replicates the actions of one user on the tested website. An API test replicates the behavior of one client application. Organizations will run these tests numerous times to replicate tremendous load on the specified web application being tested.
  • Load testing scenario: This is the example of an organization’s load test. The scenario will integrate one of many single-instance tests, designate the number of virtual users (VUs), advance load parameters, and other specific metrics.
  • Work the scenario: LoadNinja processes the load tests in the cloud and provides cloud machines automatically for the entirety of the test. During a UI test, each VU utilizes a real browser to conduct a test action to interact with the organization's web applications appropriately mimicking real user responses, including “think times” and experiencing client-side scripts. Throughout the entire process, LoadNinja will create real-time charts so that organizations are able to best monitor test metrics and the overall wellbeing of the application.
  • Study the results: Once the test is finished, LoadNinja will create a report detailing all the critical performance metrics gathered during the test. This report will give a good determination of an organization’s server capabilities and if it meets the established SLA.

Top Features:

• Real-life load tests, simulated real user actions: LoadNinja will document real user actions on the site to be tested, then replicate those actions with the assistance of hundreds or even thousands of virtual users. This ensures load tests are as close to real-life processes as possible. LoadNinja does not just test one URL of a website; it replicates the entire user experience. This is one feature that differentiates LoadNinja from most other solutions in the marketplace.
  • Real browsers, real user replication: LoadNInja replays the documented traffic from real browsers. Every VU utilizes its own browser; there is no overlapping. LoadNinja precisely replicates each user action. Whatever code or script is used, it will be completely tested for every page.
  • Develop tests quickly and easily: Organizations are able to quickly develop UI tests by documenting user actions in the embedded browser. API tests can be developed using the embedded request editor. There is no coding, downloading, or installation of browser plugins necessary.
  • Scales easily: LoadNinja is a cloud solution; there is no need to designate drive space or add extra “agent” devices to save recorded scripts or test results. LoadNinja does it all intuitively and automatically in the cloud. Organizations simply choose the determined amount of VUs desired to replicate, and begin. It’s that simple!

SmartBear LoadNinja was previously known as SmartBear LoadComplete.

SmartBear LoadNinja Customers

Falafel Software

SmartBear LoadNinja Video

SmartBear LoadNinja Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SmartBear LoadNinja pricing:
"Certainly, the cost could be reduced."

SmartBear LoadNinja Reviews

Kapil Tarka - PeerSpot reviewer
Test Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to use with good documentation and helpful support
  • "It's a very simple tool for performance testing."
  • "It needs time to mature."

What is our primary use case?

LoadNinja is a very simple tool. You log into LoadNinja. There are four or five plans based on the number of parallel users and how long you can run your test in a month.

You record your script, which is your test case on your application, and then LoadNinja will record that script, and then you can improve your script or do some modifications to the script.

There are different servers based in different regions, including Europe, America, Canada, Australia, and India maybe. We can plan our test when we want to run it and with how much load we want to run, the number of parallel users, et cetera. Then, it will run and produce a report on the website itself, which we can download in a PDF format.

What is most valuable?

It's a very simple tool for performance testing. You don't need to install anything. You don't need any other infrastructure. You just log into the website, record your test, condition it, and then replay it with the load.

The most powerful aspect is the ease of use. Even with two-factor authentication and all those little things, it can record, and it generally doesn't get obstructed. Its power lies in the web-based application. It is not meant for Windows applications or some other type of application. 95% of applications are web-based, so it's quite successful in that particular use case.

For a beginner, it's a very good tool. For a small company, they can take a subscription for six months and do some small testing. It's kind of a microeconomic tool in the space.

The documentation is very good In a few hours, you can go through it and have a good understanding of the product.

It's a stable product.

Technical support has been helpful.

This solution is easy to use and has a good interface. Creating reports is very easy.

The pricing is decent, and we have a good monthly plan.

We like that it is a SaaS. If we want to stop using it after six months or at any time, we can do that.

What needs improvement?

It's a new tool when I compare it with LoadViewer and HP LoadRunner. It needs time to mature.

For example, it needs to improve concurrency. When you run a test suite, your scripts will generate some test data. If we are running a banking application and then we are running a full end-to-end suite, there are many actions that need testing. There's a lot of data getting generated. There should be a variable that we can store for later in our later test cases. We need data management and dynamic data generation to be able to capture the data which is generated.

I've been using the solution for around six months.

Performance Testing Tools
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about SmartBear, Apache, Micro Focus and others in Performance Testing Tools. Updated: November 2022.
653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is stable. There are no bugs or glitches, and it doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

For our requirements, it's scalable. We have a maximum of 15 to 20 users. However, for a massive company, there may be problems.  If there are 1,000 or 2,000 users, there may be scaling problems.

We contacted technical support when we were just getting started. They were very responsive. We already used their other tools, like Zephyr, so we had a relationship with them.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

We're aware of HP Loadrunner. HP is more expensive than other tools, and only big companies can afford it. The tool can also only be installed on one machine. It's not tied to a particular IP. This product allows you to create one user and share the username/password with various team members.

We've also used LoadView and Dotcom-Monitor.

The is no real setup process. You just jump in and go right to the tutorial.

You will likely see an ROI if you use the solution.

There are different plans, including monthly, half-yearly, annually, and so on. If you require more bandwidth or you want to do more testing, then there are some premium plans also. We have around 100 hours a month for running tests on the basic plan.

The cost is around $300.

In general, it is worth the money.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and end-user.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're on. It's a SaaS tool, so likely it is the latest.

This is a B2B application, not a B2C application.

When you first start using the solution, you have to identify your use case. What is the performance requirement of your application? Is it web-based, Windows-based, or something else - SAP or Salesforce, for example? If it's web-based, you're good with LoadNinja. If there are fewer than 50 users, I would recommend LoadNinja.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. It's easy to use and stable and offers good documentation. In my view, it does the job.

Private Cloud
Senior Architect at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good testing, stable, and scalable, but the pricing could be lower
  • "We are happy with the technical support."
  • "On a smaller scale, there will be no budget issues, but as we expand to a larger user base, I believe we will face some pricing challenges."

What is our primary use case?

We work as consultants. This solution is used by our customer's company.

This product is primarily used for API testing. We do some load testing, but the REST API is what we mainly use.

What needs improvement?

The cost could be reduced slightly.

I have been working with SmartBear LoadComplete for approximately nine months.

It is, for the most part, stable. We had some issues, but we were able to resolve them.

SmartBear LoadComplete is a product that can be scaled. This is what we intend to do in the future. Our product is in the architectural phase. We will add new features and scale our product as more people use this solution. We haven't tested the scalability yet but definitely something we will need in the future.

We have approximately 50 people who are using this solution.

We hope to reach 500 employees soon.

We are happy with the technical support.

We had worked with some other API testing products such as SoapUI, and Postman. We did not use it at the enterprise level.

We had better coordination and assistance with installation.

The installation went well, it was simple. It did not cause any problems for us.

Certainly, the cost could be reduced. It requires attention. Clients have expressed dissatisfaction with the price.

What other advice do I have?

We are still in the early stages of development.

We may expand our use case in the future, but for now, we haven't addressed any other aspects of it.

We are experiencing some issues with our own product. We are still in the open phase, once we move out of that we can definitely explore this product further. But for now, we are happy with what have been using.

For now, with what I have used, I would rate  SmartBear LoadComplete a seven out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Download our free Performance Testing Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about SmartBear, Apache, Micro Focus, and more!
Updated: November 2022