IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Saviynt OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Saviynt is #5 ranked solution in top Identity Management (IM) tools and #7 ranked solution in CASB solutions. PeerSpot users give Saviynt an average rating of 6 out of 10. Saviynt is most commonly compared to SailPoint IdentityIQ: Saviynt vs SailPoint IdentityIQ. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 29% of all views.
What is Saviynt?

Saviynt is an intelligent, cloud-first identity governance & access management solution. The solution is designed to help organizations quickly scale cloud initiatives and solve security and compliance challenges. Saviynt offers identity governance, granular application access, cloud security, and privileged access to secure your company’s ecosystem and provide a seamless user experience.

Saviynt Features

Saviynt has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:

• Mobile enablement: Saviynt provides a powerful mobile app to manage business operations such as initiating a request, managing approvals, completing certifications, viewing dashboards, and taking actions in a timely manner.
  • Scalability and Flexibility: Saviynt is built for enterprise scale & flexibility with an industry-leading cloud architecture.
  • Cloud-based: Saviynt provides you with the ability to quickly deploy and seamlessly integrate with multiple critical applications within your environment to manage risks effectively.
  • Rapid application & identity onboarding: With Saviynt application and identity onboarding is easy. Saviynt offers pre-built templates and discovery of unmanaged assets & applications to help speed up the process.
  • AI & ML powered identity analytics: By leveraging the power of AI and machine learning, Saviynt is able to identify risk and duplicate identities, and can also close access gaps.
  • Actionable insights: Saviynt provides actionable insights for identity management, compliance, and security via the Control Center.

Saviynt Benefits

There are several benefits to implementing Saviynt. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:

• Frictionless access requests: With Saviynt you can request access from anywhere, at any time.
  • Policy violation and SoD conflict detection: Saviynt helps your organization prevent risky access by understanding violations and conflicts for any request.
  • Governance: Saviynt provides governance for all human and machine identities – including third parties.
  • Easier provisioning: Saviynt enables you to automate lifecycle tasks in order to make cross-application provisioning easier and more efficient.
  • Out-of-the-box rulesets: With Saviynt’s out-of-the-box rulesets, you can automatically connect security roles to security tasks.
  • User friendly: Saviynt is designed with a modern web interface and has a mobile app and browser plug-in along with a ServiceNow app to make it easy to use.

Reviews from Real Users

Below are some reviews and helpful feedback written by Saviynt users.

An Identity and Access Management Specialist at a non-tech company states, "The dedicated Freshdesk platform is a user community and a step in the right direction for offering learning resources. Saviynt has a lot of potential with many features available for users."

A Principal Consultant at a tech services company says, "It's a highly functional system and a very well rounded solution. The onboarding of applications is solid. Their user access reviews are very good. Their role-based model and their identity life cycle stuff are solid.”

PeerSpot user Amimesh A., Senior Associate at a tech services company, mentions, “The most valuable feature is the ease of implementation. This product works well out of the box and if you don’t want to do a lot of configuration then this is the best tool. The reporting features are good.”

Irappa H., Manager at a computer software company, comments, “The most valuable features are the workflows and certification.”

Download the Identity Management (IM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2022

Saviynt Customers

Shell, McKesson, Kimberly-Clark, Ingram Micro, Intermountain Health Care, Forterra, CoreLogic

Saviynt Video

Archived Saviynt Reviews (more than two years old)

Amimesh Anand - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Associate at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to implement, stable, and the reporting is good
  • "This product works well out of the box and if you don’t want to do a lot of configuration then this is the best tool."
  • "The biggest drawback is that for every change you want to make, you have to go back to them and ask for it."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for user authentication. It is integrated into our workflows and we use it for reporting.

What is most valuable?

The reporting features are good.

What needs improvement?

The biggest drawback is that for every change you want to make, you have to go back to them and ask for it. There haven’t got a tool to make modifications. Ideally, we would like to be able to make changes from our side.

Saviynt is a very new tool, which makes it difficult to find good people with knowledge about implementing and using it. I think that in four to five years, there will be lots of people with experience in the area.

In the future, I would like to see extra certificates included.

I have been using Saviynt for about one year.

The stability of Saviynt is good.

Expanding this platform is a little bit difficult. I would say that the scalability is average.

We have approximately 4,000 users, of which perhaps 15 are technicians.

I would rate the technical support about nine out of ten.

Before using this solution, we used Oracle Identity and Access Management (IdM). We are still using IdM for some systems.

This solution is easy to implement, although our requirements were bulky so it took about four months to deploy.

We worked directly with the vendor, who assisted us with the implementation. The deployment team had four people and two people work on support and maintenance.

If you need to make any changes then there are additional fees. For example, if there is a user named Jonathan in the system and you want to change it then you have to pay for the change. It has to be done on their side.

Before choosing this solution, we also evaluated Omada and SailPoint. The main factors in our decision were pricing and that Saviynt is easy to implement.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is that if your user base is small and you do not require a great deal of customization, then this is the best tool.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud

Other
Chief Technology Officer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Has deep integration with enterprise systems and has a good approach to solving the identity problems
  • "Saviynt has better integration with enterprise systems like SAP, Microsoft, Adobe, and AWS."
  • "Saviynt cannot customize based on customer needs."

What is our primary use case?

If the customer is looking at identity management as an access risk problem, not as an operational excellence solution, then we approach them with Saviynt. Our customers are enterprise-level so that means they have anywhere from five to ten thousand users.

What is most valuable?

The first valuable feature is the approach to solving the identity problem. Access risk is the focus of solving any problem. The second is their deeper integration with enterprise systems, like SAP, Microsoft, Adobe, and AWS. Deeper integration brings instability into the intact elements and ongoing systems. That angle of the deeper integration is not available with any of the products. That gives Saviynt an edge.

What needs improvement?

I think their interface is one clear area of needed improvement. Also, Saviynt cannot customize based on customer needs. The interface could also be more intuitive to the user.

We have been working with Saviynt for a few months now.

The stability of Saviynt is one of the concerns that we have heard from customers.

The scalability is a question mark because they have not been successful in the places where you have 200,000 to 300,000 identities. I have not seen any performance benchmarking for Saviynt.

I would say that the setup was of medium complexity but it was not difficult. There are more complex products available, like Oracle, IBM, and others, so it's definitely better than those.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Saviynt to clearly identify this solution. If you can do the proof of value first, then go for the implementation. Based on limited exposure, I would rate it at eight out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Download our free Identity Management (IM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Saviynt, SailPoint, Omada, and more!