SAP Data Governance OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP Data Governance is the #16 ranked solution in Data Governance tools. PeerSpot users give SAP Data Governance an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. SAP Data Governance is most commonly compared to Microsoft Purview: SAP Data Governance vs Microsoft Purview. SAP Data Governance is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 72% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 19% of all views.

Download the Data Governance Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is SAP Data Governance?
SAP Data Governance helps consolidate and centrally govern the master data lifecycle of information across the organization. Key benefits: Consolidate and manage master data across the business, whether information is exchanged and accessed in SAP or non-SAP solutions on premise or in the cloud. Uses prebuilt data models, rules, workflows, and user interfaces to quickly deploy tasks such as financial consolidation, customer service, and supplier onboarding. And supports all your master data domains in one single application, and implement it in an on-premise, cloud, or hybrid environment.
SAP Data Governance Customers
Takisada-Osaka Co. Ltd., The VELUX Group, Asian Paints, AOK Bundesverband, EMC Corporation
SAP Data Governance Video

SAP Data Governance Reviews

Senior SAP Basis Consultant at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Stable with good support and workflow engine but they could harmonize with third-party products
  • "The new workflow engine is based on the web app rather than the Java-based approach."
  • "I would like to see harmonizing with some of the external third-party products so that it will all be within SAP."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for master data objects.

We just basically install it and tune it and run it.

What is most valuable?

The new workflow engine is based on the web app rather than the Java-based approach. The MDM product is pretty good. The new Fiori front-ends for it, it makes the visual slot better than before.

What needs improvement?

I really look at it from the technology side, rather than use it from the function side. So, there are not really many improvements I can see from the functionality.

We put MDG in approximately two and a half years ago.

Data Governance
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Alation, Microsoft and others in Data Governance. Updated: November 2022.
653,584 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's a very stable solution.

It's a scalable product. We are in Azure, we can scale it up as much as we need to.

It's rolled out to approximately 1,000 name users.

We may increase our usage in the future but it depends on the master data objects that get rolled out.

Technical support is good. We have not had any issues in this area.

The technology setup was reasonably straightforward. I think the actual prerequisite in terms of the harmonization of the actual master data itself was probably quite a lengthy process.

The team does the installation and then the maintenance of the product itself rather than the functionality.

The licensing is managed by a separate department in our company.

What other advice do I have?

To other users who are interested in using this solution, I would suggest making sure that your master data is in good shape before you take on the technical implementation.

I would rate SAP Data Governance a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud
Download our free Data Governance Report and find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Alation, Microsoft, and more!
Updated: November 2022