Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

SAP Business One on AWS OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP Business One on AWS is #4 ranked solution in top Cloud ERP tools. PeerSpot users give SAP Business One on AWS an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. SAP Business One on AWS is most commonly compared to Microsoft Azure: SAP Business One on AWS vs Microsoft Azure. SAP Business One on AWS is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 56% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.

Download the Cloud ERP Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is SAP Business One on AWS?

Small businesses can now access all the benefits of the SAP Business One solution on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud without needing to make long-term commitments or costly capital expenditures for the required IT infrastructure.

AWS and SAP have worked together to test and certify the SAP Business One solution on the AWS cloud. Both SAP Business One, version for Microsoft SQL Server and SAP Business One, version for SAP HANA have been certified on the AWS cloud platform.

SAP Business One on AWS Customers

Comba Telecom, Exeter Family Friendly, GranBio, Kim Tech Ceong, Wego, Blue Ocean Systems, Whitebox Retail Logistics

SAP Business One on AWS Video

SAP Business One on AWS Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SAP Business One on AWS pricing:
  • "We have an annual cost for licensing and storage in AWS."
  • "Licenses are available on a monthly or yearly basis, and it costs about $1,200 per license, per user."
  • "The price of SAP Business One on AWS could be lower, it is expensive."
  • "The price of SAP Business One on AWS is reasonable for what we use it for."
  • SAP Business One on AWS Reviews

LilianGarcia - PeerSpot reviewer
    Director of Strategic Projects at Integra
    Valuable project features that include adding new fields and rules to customize the solution to our business
    • "The way we can make changes in new fields, or make new rules with our IT department, has been very useful."
    • "The solution has a feature that shows you the purchase order that you put on a project and requires you to approve it to be applied to the project, but it doesn't let you move the purchase order to another project. That would be a great feature to have, because if you don't approve it, you have to delete everything and make it again."

What is our primary use case?

I use SAP Business One to manage my finances, warehouse inventory, and project revenue.

What is most valuable?

The accounting and project features are valuable. It's very useful for us to manage the project with their budget and use the inventory features. The way we can make changes in new fields, or make new rules with our IT department, has also been very useful.

What needs improvement?

Well, we have made some improvements like making new rules or new fields that we need for our business process. Overall, though, the processes that already exist in the tool have been very useful for us and we have been using them the way that they are and just making little customizations for our company.

Adding an HR feature would be great. SAP has another model that is only HR, but it works separately more for big companies instead of ones like ours that use Business One. If we could have something to manage HR stock, that would be great. I would also be interested in a model that would manage travel expenses.

The solution has a feature that shows you the purchase order that you put on a project and requires you to approve it to be applied to the project, but it doesn't let you move the purchase order to another project. That would be a great feature to have, because if you don't approve it, you have to delete everything and make it again, instead of just moving that purchase order to a different project. That would be really useful for us, because our company works by project, so if a purchase order is on an incorrect project, we have to delete everything and then start the process again with the new project.

My company has been using this solution since 2019, so about three years now.

Cloud ERP
    September 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Amazon, Alight, SAP and others in Cloud ERP. Updated: September 2022.
    633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution wasn't so stable and had some problems with speed when we used it through another cloud provider, but now that we are on AWS, it has been stable and we haven't had any problems with it.

We haven't started scaling this solution yet. We are hoping to start projects with it next year, because our next step is to connect SAP with our CRM and other tools. We already got information for business analytics with BI, which was very useful, and our next step is to integrate it with the other systems that we have.
    I think we currently have 50 licenses.

Well, we haven't used it much because I have a specialist in Business One on my team, but when we need extra support, they have been very useful.

The setup was a complex project because we hadn't previously worked with this type of tool. The integration of data and learning how it worked was the complex part, but the tool was very useful. We considered the setup to be very fast, but our internal process to use the software took us a little while. Our configuration only took three months, but it took us four more months for the full implementation.

We have an annual cost for licensing and storage in AWS. We just pay the standard fee because we make our own customizations, so we do not use the services of the partner that gives us the storage.

What other advice do I have?

I think the important part is to implement the solution. It's very useful. The processes are already put in place, and you need to make your internal process fit in with the solution's process because it works. Once you have implemented the solution the way that you need it, then you can start making some adjustments, rules, or connections to other systems.

I would rate this solution as a nine out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
    Client Relationship Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Reseller
    Straightforward to set up and the support is good, but it should be more user-friendly
    • "Technical support from SAP is great."
    • "The look-and-feel of the system is quite outdated as compared to a lot of other products out there."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and SAP Business One on AWS is one of the products that we offer to our clients. Our customers are typically in the manufacturing or wholesale distribution industries. They are predominately looking at refreshing their management solution and are looking for a better-integrated system, more from the finance, stock management point of view.

Some of our clients have products that are going out of life and they want to get to the next stage, which is where I think SAP comes in.

What needs improvement?

The look-and-feel of the system is quite outdated as compared to a lot of other products out there. They are more user-friendly, I would say. As someone who has not used accounting products before, they might find it quite overwhelming.

It should be more user-friendly.

I have been working with SAP Business One on AWS for a few years.

This product is very much stable.

This is a scalable solution. I have different clients of various sizes who are using it.

Technical support from SAP is great. If you're not able to do it as a partner, you always have SAP's help.

This solution has its own complexities because it is an ERP system, but the current version is pretty straightforward. That said, you will still need external help, as you probably couldn't do with internal IT teams.

The length of time to deploy can take anywhere from 15 or 20 days and above.

The number of staff needed for deployment and maintenance depends on the size of the project. They are all user-dependent. Also, it depends on the complexity of deployment in terms of what kind of environment it is.

Licenses are available on a monthly or yearly basis, and it costs about $1,200 per license, per user. Given what you're getting from the system, I think it's worth it.

What other advice do I have?

This is a great product on its own, and the technicalities of it have improved as compared to the older version. I absolutely recommend it and we plan to continue selling it.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
    Cloud ERP
    September 2022
    633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    General Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    It's a complete system that covers accounting, the supply chain, and production

What is our primary use case?

Business One is an ERP system that covers accounting, supply chain, production, etc.

What needs improvement?

I would like SAP to replace Business One's fixed Web client with a native Web solution. Right now, their remote access is based on RVP. We have to access the solution through a Windows-based client. It's not a native Web interface.

I've been using Business One for two years.

Business One is stable.

Business One is scalable. About 25 people in the company are currently using it.

I'm very satisfied with SAP's technical support. They took action on our issue quickly.

I previously used SAGE and a couple of other solutions, but Business One is the best.

Setting up Business One is straightforward. It took us about three months to deploy Business One on AWS.

We pay for a yearly license.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Business One eight out of 10.

Oswaldo Figueredo - PeerSpot reviewer
    Platform Engineer and Infrastructure Management at Colciencias
    Good documentation, feature rich, and simple initial setup

What is our primary use case?

I use SAP Business One on AWS for simple interactive services in many facilities.

What is most valuable?

SAP Business One on AWS has good documentation and has many services in the cloud.

What needs improvement?

SAP Business One on AWS could improve by having more customization and more user-friendly automation.

I have been using SAP Business One on AWS for approximately three years.

SAP Business One on AWS is a highly stable solution.

The scalability of SAP Business One on AWS is good.

The technical support from SAP Business One on AWS is very good. The agents are friendly and responsive.

SAP Business One on AWS's initial setup is simple.

The price of SAP Business One on AWS could be lower, it is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate SAP Business One on AWS a ten out of ten.

Milton Palacios - PeerSpot reviewer
    Sales Manager BI at Exxis
    Useful sales module, helpful support, and reasonably priced

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of SAP Business One on AWS are the CRM and the sales module.

What needs improvement?

SAP Business One on AWS could improve by adding more functionality to the web client.

I have been using SAP Business One on AWS for approximately 10 years.

We have approximately 30 users using SAP Business One on AWS in our organization.

The technical support from SAP Business One on AWS is great.

The initial setup of SAP Business One on AWS is relatively easy. The full implementation took us approximately six months.

The price of SAP Business One on AWS is reasonable for what we use it for.

What other advice do I have?

I rate SAP Business One on AWS a nine out of ten.