SafeNet Authentication Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SafeNet Authentication Manager is the #12 ranked solution in top Authentication Systems. PeerSpot users give SafeNet Authentication Manager an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. SafeNet Authentication Manager is most commonly compared to Microsoft Authenticator: SafeNet Authentication Manager vs Microsoft Authenticator. SafeNet Authentication Manager is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 65% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 16% of all views.

Download the Authentication Systems Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is SafeNet Authentication Manager?
SafeNet Authentication Manager (SAM) is a comprehensive versatile authentication server that allows organizations to implement a future-ready strong authentication strategy for securing local and remote access to numerous corporate resources using a single authentication back end. SAM supports a broad range of authentication methods and form factors – including context-based authentication with step-up capabilities, one-time password (OTP), X.509 certificate-based tokens, and software tokens – enabling organizations to meet different assurance levels and address numerous use cases.
SafeNet Authentication Manager Customers
Exostar, Fraser Health, BSkyB, SETMA, Beckman Coulter, Sunrise Health Region, Seattle Children's, AXA Technology Services, Baker Tilly, University of Poland, Devon IT, Pfizer, SEW-EURODRIVE, SYSteam

SafeNet Authentication Manager Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SafeNet Authentication Manager pricing:
"There is an annual licensing fee."

SafeNet Authentication Manager Reviews

Service Delivery Manager at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Responsive support, effective authentication, but stability could improve
  • "The most valuable feature of SafeNet Authentication Manager is authentication."
  • "The stability could improve."

What is our primary use case?

We use SafeNet Authentication Manager for local user authentication for all of our users.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has helped our organization by allowing all users to connect securely.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of SafeNet Authentication Manager is authentication.

I have been using SafeNet Authentication Manager for approximately five years.

November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about SafeNet, RSA, Cisco and others in Authentication Systems. Updated: November 2022.
654,218 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability could improve.

The scalability could improve, we have a lot of downtimes two years ago. this was in the cloud environment, because we purchase SafeNet Authentication Manager as a cloud service, and yet sometimes it was down for two or three hours.

We have approximately 20,000 users using this solution in my organization. This includes all the employees, contractors, partners, and guests.

The support has been very good with this solution.

We were using AOK previously and we switched to SafeNet Authentication Manager because it was more secure.

The initial setup was straightforward. We migrated approximately 20,000 users and it took us eight or nine weeks. It was a very fast implementation, but we had a big team that was working on it.

We used an integrator for the implementation and they were excellent.

We have a supplier, Atos, that does the maintenance on a contract. There are five people that are involved full-time.

We evaluated RSA and some other solutions before and based on our criteria we chose SafeNet Authentication Manager.

We are going to switch from SafeNet Authentication Manager to a Microsoft solution soon.

What other advice do I have?

SafeNet Authentication Manager is a good product, but I think they have difficulty keeping up with other vendors, such as Microsoft. At our company, we have Office 365 already and the authentication solution is already included, there is no need to purchase another product.

I rate SafeNet Authentication Manager a seven out of ten.

It's not that updated, and they are lacking behind some of the new developments.

Mikhail Rozhnov - PeerSpot reviewer
CTO at TESSIS
A scalable solution with good technical support and easy deployment that supports both PKI and OTP

What is our primary use case?

I am using the 9.0 service pack three version.

What is most valuable?

I like how the solution allows me to support different types of hardware tokens and integrate with OTP. This solution supports both PKI and OTP.

What needs improvement?

The solution should allow for support of multi-tenant architecture.

I have been using SafeNet Authentication Manager for more than five years.

The solution is scalable. While it's easy, it is only for a single solution, although the SafeNet Authentication Manager also supports Forest.

The technical support is at a high level.

The solution is easy to deploy, as Palace provides much administration and many guides.

Everyone is required for maintenance.

There is an annual licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

There are approximately 50 users making use of the solution in our organization.

I would recommend the solution to others in instances involving PK infrastructure.

I rate SafeNet Authentication Manager as an eight out of ten.

November 2022
654,218 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Director at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Simple to use; stable and scalable

What is our primary use case?

I'm a director of the company and we are customers of SafeNet.

What is most valuable?

The solution is scalable and stable.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see integration with other platforms.

I've been using the product for close to six years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

The initial setup is simple, you download the app and off you go.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product an eight out of 10.

Download our free Authentication Systems Report and find out what your peers are saying about SafeNet, RSA, Cisco, and more!
Updated: November 2022