IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

RepliWeb Managed File Transfer [EOL] OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Managed File Transfer (MFT) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is RepliWeb Managed File Transfer [EOL]?
Attunity RepliWeb is a deployment platform for enterprise server, web operations, shared hosting and data center operations teams. It delivers quantifiable improvements to IT operations associated with deployments. Attunity RepliWeb offloads time-consuming manual tasks by automating processes, speeding release cycles and ensuring content and code continuity.
RepliWeb Managed File Transfer [EOL] Customers
Wellcare, Couchsurfing, Etix, Colmobil, Tangerine, SM Retail Inc., GDF SUEZ, UnionBanCal Corporation, Pfizer, Software Box Limited (SBL), University of Maryland University College

Archived RepliWeb Managed File Transfer [EOL] Reviews (more than two years old)

.NET Application Manager Specialist at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
Its ability to sync data between the servers with minimum downtime is great.

What is most valuable?

Feature such as its ability to sync data between the servers with minimum downtime, rollback with just a click and replicate website configurations were great.

How has it helped my organization?

This product helped me a lot for deployments day and night. I have never seen a problem with RepliWeb, it's a great product and a reliable solution.

What needs improvement?

Maybe it would be great if the tool could have an analytics dashboard, with the total commitments and the number of rollbacks in a timeframe. Perhaps, to even have an Android app for remote deployment, instead of going through a browser.

I have used this solution for about three years.
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about RepliWeb, Progress Software, Kiteworks and others in Managed File Transfer (MFT). Updated: June 2022.
610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.

There were no stability issues.

There were no scalability issues.

I didn't need any technical support.

We had manual deployments. We switched over to this solution because we could reduce the costs for deployments and downtimes.

The setup was simple and straightforward, no complaints at all.

I really don't remember the price, but it was not too expensive for the benefits that it offers.

What other advice do I have?

Don't look back, go for it.
it_user666768 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior System Engineer at a media company with 51-200 employees
Developers can deploy their sites themselves through the web UI. Needs better support with online code repositories.

What is most valuable?

The ability to set up the deploy template and then give developers the ability to deploy their sites themselves through the web UI is valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

By using RepliWeb and custom scripts pre- and post-deploy to manage load balancing and application pools, we can deploy our websites with zero downtime.

What needs improvement?

I would love to see integration into some of the latest configuration management tools for custom scripts. I would like to see some better support with online code repositories.

I have been using RepliWeb for four years.

No stability issues so far.

Cost is the only factor.

I have never used support.

We had an old solution based on Robocopy jobs. You can’t really compare the two. We actually only switched because we finally got the budget for it approved.

The setup was complex for the administrators to get their head around how the templating worked. The initial setup was quite time consuming, as there was no way to just copy the jobs and use an environment variable to differentiate between sites. (This may have changed since then.)

With the current set of free CI tools out there, I probably would not go for a paid solution. I have great success with Jenkins at the moment.

There weren’t really any other products on the market for IIS sites when we decided on RepliWeb.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you understand template/job setup before rolling out too many sites on it. Doing it over sucks.

June 2022
610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user666774 - PeerSpot reviewer
Principal System Administrator at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
We use it for on-premises hosting of web applications.

What is most valuable?

We used the following for cloud migrations: RepliWeb Managed File Transfer (RMFT) and RepliWeb Deployment (RWD).

Both RMFT and RWD were used for on-premises hosting of web applications (static and dynamic), sites to migrate to AWS, and OpenStack built clouds using import/export of data in turn, by using SVN (sub version control).

These two RepliWeb products were used specifically for content migration on web, apps, and database servers on PROD. TEST, and DEV, test environments. We successfully migrated over 1500 websites using these products.

It eases and speeds up content migration from on-premises hosting, to virtual hosting, to cloud hosting in terms of scalability, accuracy, and retrieval data needs whenever needed, instead of manual data transfers from old to new DCs.

How has it helped my organization?

The deployment speed has been increased. We get accurate results when copying data.

What needs improvement?

• For code deployments, versioning can be incorporated instead of using other products, such as SVN, GitHub, etc.
  • Single sign-on authentication can be incorporated.
  • The CLI can be migrated to a GUI.
  • Better technical and licensing costs.
  • Compare RepliWeb with template code deployment tools and add missing features to it.

I have used this solution for one year.

It failed sometimes and I had to restart the services.

We had no issues in scalability and it was dynamic in adding hosts.

The technical support quality is fair enough.

I did use a previous solution, according to the client's needs.

The setup was straightforward.

We evaluated uDeploy.

it_user666771 - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr Technology Lead with 10,001+ employees
Website code can be done by application owners.

What is most valuable?

I love how applications are deployed.

Website code can be done with the click of a button, even on DMZ servers, by application owners themselves.

When you have very big infrastructure with less IT resources to handle them, this is the best thing.

How has it helped my organization?

You need to take KPIs, see the trend of backlogs, and see what the most common requests that have big pending queues. That’s what we did. We saw that most of the time it was deployment of file transfers for the finance department with security.

When we had this product set up, it helped us reduce the backlog by 40%, which helped us engage in other productive tasks for the organization.

What needs improvement?

They should also study banking products for file transfers like Sterling Gateway Connect Direct/Express and incorporate it with them.

I worked with it for more than four years when I was with my previous company.

We never had stability issues. That is because we had high level staging servers for end users to upload/download files and logs which used to have space issues at times. But now, using the cloud, that can be fixed.

There have only been a few scalability instances (2%).

We used to have fewer issues on the product side, but they have support.

I am not sure about previous solutions. When I joined the company, they were already using RepliWeb and upgraded to a new version. But they were using manual deployment earlier, which used to have backlogs.

The setup was not complex.

I cannot comment on this.

We did not look at other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Check on the pricing. Check the market for other options.

As of now, my current company is using an application built internally on the Excel deploy framework and is used for all deployment of applications.

But if they want to clear the cache, that cannot be done using this. RepliWeb has the feature to include scripts and set up chron jobs to restart services.

Download our free Managed File Transfer (MFT) Report and find out what your peers are saying about RepliWeb, Progress Software, Kiteworks, and more!
Updated: June 2022