Qlik Compose OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Qlik Compose is the #40 ranked solution in top Data Integration Tools. PeerSpot users give Qlik Compose an average rating of 6.0 out of 10. Qlik Compose is most commonly compared to Qlik Replicate: Qlik Compose vs Qlik Replicate. Qlik Compose is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 69% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.

Download the Data Integration Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Qlik Compose?

Qlik Compose comes in two offerings: Qlik Compose for Data Warehouses and Qlik Compose for Data Lakes. Qlik Compose for Data Warehouse automates and streamlines the design, creation, loading, management, and update of data warehouses including Amazon Redshift, Azure Synapse, Google BigQuery, Snowflake and Oracle. Qlik Compose for Data Lakes automates the process of providing continuously updated, accurate, and trusted data to big data platforms like Apache Hadoop, Cloudera Customer Data Platform and Databricks Unified Data Analytics Platform.

Qlik Compose was previously known as Compose, Attunity Compose.

Qlik Compose Customers

Poly-Wood

Qlik Compose Video

Qlik Compose Reviews

Sanjeev Asher - PeerSpot reviewer
Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It's an intuitive solution for doing basic transformations, but it cannot handle high volumes
  • "Qlik Compose is good enough. It is user-friendly and intuitive."
  • "For more complex work, we are not using Qlik Compose because it cannot handle very high volumes at the moment. It needs the same batching capabilities that other ETL tools have. We can't batch the data into small chunks when transforming large amounts of data. It tries to do everything in one shot and that's where it fails."

What is our primary use case?

Our company uses Qlik Compose for simple transformations. We use it as a basic ETL solution.

What is most valuable?

Qlik Compose is good enough. It is user-friendly and intuitive.

What needs improvement?

For more complex work, we are not using Qlik Compose because it cannot handle very high volumes at the moment. It needs the same batching capabilities that other ETL tools have. We can't batch the data into small chunks when transforming large amounts of data. It tries to do everything in one shot and that's where it fails.

Qlik also needs the ability to improve more complex combined SQL tables and perform more complicated transformations. I'd like to see better connectivity to some with custom coding languages like Python or Java.

We've been using Qlik Compose for about a year and a half.

Data Integration Tools
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Qlik, WhereScape, Microsoft and others in Data Integration Tools. Updated: November 2022.
653,522 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Qlik Compose is stable. We haven't had issues except when dealing with high volume. Otherwise, it's okay.

I don't think Qlik can be used in a high-volume scenario. It didn't work for us.

Support is okay. We don't get the required solutions on time, so I would just say support is average. Yeah.

Setting up Qlik Compose is straightforward. You only need one person to deploy and maintain the solution.

It was an in-house deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I would Qlik Compose six out of 10. You should understand the product well before using it because it has a learning curve. There are many options, so if you choose the wrong one, you may get stuck with it. If you're trying to do something with high data volumes, this may not be the right choice at the moment.

Managing Partner at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
A stable, strong data integration solution
  • "I have found it to be a very good, stable, and strong product."
  • "I believe that visual data flow management and the transformation function should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case would be in small projects or in some very straightforward data integration processes, such as the one-to-one replication of databases without complex transformation needs.

What is most valuable?

I have found it to be a very good, stable, and strong product.

What needs improvement?

When you replicate data, you need to transform the data into formats that are easier for querying and reporting, or data warehousing. I think the set of transformation functions can be improved. In large organizations, in particular, there are many dependencies between different paths. So to easily manage the ETL environment, you need to have visual data flow management capabilities. I believe that visual data flow management should be improved.

I used this solution in a couple of projects in the last 15 years.

My impression is that the product is very stable.

I have found customer service/technical support to be good.

I think it would be very straightforward to setup as shown in our test environment.

Download our free Data Integration Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Qlik, WhereScape, Microsoft, and more!
Updated: November 2022