IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Portnox Clear OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Portnox Clear is #12 ranked solution in top Network Access Control (NAC) tools. PeerSpot users give Portnox Clear an average rating of 8 out of 10. Portnox Clear is most commonly compared to Portnox CORE: Portnox Clear vs Portnox CORE. Portnox Clear is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 50% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 42% of all views.

Download the Network Access Control (NAC) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Portnox Clear?

Portnox CLEAR is the only cloud-native network access control (NAC) solution that unifies essential network and endpoint security capabilities: device discovery, network authentication, access control, network hardware administration, risk mitigation and compliance enforcement. As a cloud service, Portnox CLEAR eliminates the need for on-going maintenance such as upgrades and patches and requires no on-site appliances. As such, the platform can be easily deployed, scaled and managed by lean, resource-constrained IT teams across any corporate network - no matter how complex.

Portnox Clear Customers

Data Realty, Royal London, Wales Millennium Centre, McLaren Construction Group, EL AL Israeli Airlines,

Portnox Clear Video

Portnox Clear Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Portnox Clear pricing:
"Pricing is quite reasonable."

Portnox Clear Reviews

Information Security Officer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Great reporting capabilities and excellent compatibility with most network devices
  • "The solution has a valuable reporting feature."
  • "From a resource perspective, the OEM can do better in terms of resource utilization."

What is our primary use case?

Our aim is to ensure compliance, so we use this solution for network access control, where we define the threshold for endpoint compliance. This extends to the Wireless LAN, which ensures that whatever compliance structure has been defined is maintained. We have many users working remotely, so we use Portnox to provide a high level of assurance. I'm an information security officer and we are customers of Portnox.

How has it helped my organization?

Our company is big on BYOD policies where we allow users to bring their own system back onto the network. Portnox enables us to ensure that all the systems on our network are actually managed systems. It provides us with a high level of assurance.

What is most valuable?

I think the reporting feature is valuable because it provides a good level of insight. Even before clicking on the mouse, we can see what the contents are with the endpoint. CLEAR is one of the best of its kind on the market with respect to compatibility. It works perfectly well with most network devices and endpoints. The security controls are easy to configure, and I like the new interface for CLEAR which is cool. Portnox has been around for a while and I think they've learned a lot that has enabled significant improvement.

What needs improvement?

Although I like the reporting, we're getting a degree of false positives which is possibly connected to the implementation. We have a local partner and we depend on their skills and knowledge and those of our in-house staff to be able to support the tool. From a resource perspective, I think the OEM can do better in terms of resource utilization. We have a large environment that extends to remote workers, and we've had instances where we've had to reboot services.  Portnox has done a lot around the cloud, and I'm hoping that the next level of improvement will be to provide the capability for network access control for mobile devices, or device management as the case may be.
Network Access Control (NAC)
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Portnox Security, Aruba Networks, Genians and others in Network Access Control (NAC). Updated: June 2022.
609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been using this solution for four years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable, we have over 1,000 users and a couple of people who help out with maintenance and support as part of their work. We'll be expanding use in the future.

The support could be improved with better local services. Even though we have access to the Portnox support portal, it's the local partner that we have to work with. It's been okay but there is room for improvement, perhaps the company could make contact with their end users instead of depending on the local partner; we would appreciate that.

The only other solution we have used is Portnox CORE, the on-premise version, which was the first network access control tool that we adopted. We still maintain some licenses with CORE, but we've now procured additional licenses for CLEAR because of the increased need for remote work.

The initial setup was not as straightforward as we'd have liked but with the right skills and support, we were able to get it sorted. Unfortunately, the support we had could have been better but we are now enjoying the tool. We did some prep beforehand and the deployment was carried out over a weekend.

We pay an annual license fee. In addition, we pay for professional services and local support.

We looked at Check Point initially for remote VPN connectivity, and also for firewalls and then for network access control, but I think we went with Portnox because of our previous experience with them.

What other advice do I have?

I think while Portnox provides wonderful technology, the support and maintenance agreements are problematic. In particular, when they're dealing with a local partner. Partners really need to be skilled and knowledgeable. I rate this solution eight out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud
Product Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Simple to install, and technical support is good, but the scalability could be improved
  • "I like the fact that you can take your device anywhere and still have that visibility from anywhere because it's agent-based."
  • "I believe there is a lot of room for improvement in terms of integration."

What is our primary use case?

I work with a distributor. We Portnox, and NAC solutions.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are the agent features.

I like the fact that you can take your device anywhere and still have that visibility from anywhere because it's agent-based.

What needs improvement?

I believe there is a lot of room for improvement in terms of integration. For example, integration with specific devices such as Huawei and CORE. The integration with third-party vendors could improve.

The scalability could be improved.

I was introduced to Portnox Clear in 2020, two years ago.

I believe that it is stable. That would be based on the customer's experience. We provide solutions to our customers, we are not using them. Stability is also dependent on the configuration, and how it is configured.

In terms of scalability, there is room for improvement.

Scalability issues have emerged with other vendors, as well as with multiple branches.

Technical support is great. I don't have any issues with the technical support of Portnox Clear.

I would rate the technical support a five out of five.

We also work with Portnox CORE.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. I would rate the installation a four or five out of five.

Compared with other solutions, the pricing is a major pro.

I would rate their pricing a five out of five.

Pricing is quite reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

If you want scalability and have many different vendors in your environment, you must first ensure that they are compatible with those devices. However, if you're looking for pricing, they're quite reasonable when compared to other vendors. In addition, installation is less complicated when compared to other vendors.

I would rate Portnox Clear a seven out of ten.

Download our free Network Access Control (NAC) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Portnox Security, Aruba Networks, Genians, and more!
Updated: June 2022