IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Nutanix Files Storage OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Nutanix Files Storage is #11 ranked solution in top File and Object Storage tools. PeerSpot users give Nutanix Files Storage an average rating of 9.6 out of 10. Nutanix Files Storage is most commonly compared to MinIO: Nutanix Files Storage vs MinIO. Nutanix Files Storage is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.

Download the File and Object Storage Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Nutanix Files Storage?
Nutanix Files Storage is a simple and secure software-defined scale-out file storage solution. It enables organizations to store, manage, and scale unstructured data by consolidating storage silos onto a single platform, while keeping it secure with integrated cybersecurity and ransomware protection.

Nutanix Files Storage was previously known as Nutanix Files.

Nutanix Files Storage Customers

JetBlue, International Speedway Corporation, Volkswagen SAIC, Brighton and Hove City Council, Foresters Financial, Janus International Group, Cloud Comrade, Serco

Nutanix Files Storage Video

Nutanix Files Storage Reviews

reviewer1475787 - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr. Systems Administrator at Enercare
Good management interface and reporting, helped us to consolidate our various file shares
  • "The management interface is great and you have handy access to several details about your file shares."
  • "The only thing I would say is missing for us it is FTP protocol compatibility."

What is our primary use case?

Our file share infrastructure was all messed up with several different solutions in place such as; Windows file servers, Hitachi NAS devices, Linux NFS repositories, and DFS. We were looking for a solution to replace and consolidate all our file share repositories in one single place and the Nutanix Files was the chosen solution.

We are very happy with it, as we were able to migrate hundreds of Windows file shares, Linux NFS, and the files seating on the Hitachi NAS to Nutanix with almost zero impact.

How has it helped my organization?

It is very fast, reliable, scalable, stable and It comes with very nice features, such as; built-in HA, analysis reporting, audit reports, DR replication, one-click upgrade, and some other cool features.

Now, we have much more control over our File Share environment. It is much easier to manage, and we've reduced the IT infrastructure footprint by 70%.

The built-in file analysis feature is also helping us a lot on the audit requests, as we can generate several different reports right away.

What is most valuable?

We were able to increase the file share environment's overall performance and availability.

The HA feature (minimum of three instances), as well as the replication to another site using Nutanix Protection Domain (LEAP), is also a great addition to it.

The management interface is great and you have handy access to several details about your file shares. We didn't have any of that in our old file share environment.

What needs improvement?

The only thing I would say is missing for us it is FTP protocol compatibility. We still have some systems that use FTP to send and receive files, and we are missing that feature. The solution would be perfect for us with the FTP support, as we also have a lot of legacy FTP solutions in place spread across several different servers and platforms.

July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Nutanix, Qumulo, MinIO and others in File and Object Storage. Updated: July 2022.
621,327 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We have been using Nutanix Files for more than one year.

The migration process was really smooth with minimal outage and disruption.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, we have been using Nutanix Files for more than one year and we are very happy with it.

We hope Nutanix can add the FTP protocol to the Nutanix Files so we can also leverage all of the great AOS capabilities in the FTP environment, as well.

Senior Program Officer at a non-profit with 5,001-10,000 employees
Reseller
Easy to manage, upgrade and do analytics of new data
  • "The solution is stable and extremely easy to calibrate."
  • "The solution should increase its storage capabilities."

What is our primary use case?

We are a distributor of Nutanix Files.

What is most valuable?

Nutanix Files is a complete solution in the Telco Machine and offers a host of benefits. These include easy management, upgrading and analytics of new data.

What needs improvement?

The solution should increase its storage capabilities, as it has been required to make use of local data storage and local pockets and magnets.

Also, I have had difficulty with Nutanix Files and with understanding Nutanix AOS.

I have been dealing with Nutanix Files since it was made available to new customers, for around two years.

The solution is stable and extremely easy to calibrate.

The solution is scalable.

While Nutanix Files are good when it comes to providing support, it could be faster.

I am a distributor and can manage the solution directly with the customer, who is usually a partner. Should the need arise, I can provide advice.

What other advice do I have?

Nutanix Files is a free solution. I believe we have five customers making use of it.

I would recommend the solution to customers who don't have great storage needs.

I rate Nutanix Files as an eight out of ten.

July 2022
621,327 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Sales & Marketing Manager at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Totally reliable product with an easy interface

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the easy interface.

What needs improvement?

Lowering the price would improve this product.

I've been using this product for five years.

Nutanix is totally reliable and very stable, it operates 24/7.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Licenses are available on a yearly or three-yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would give this solution a score of nine out of ten.

Download our free File and Object Storage Report and find out what your peers are saying about Nutanix, Qumulo, MinIO, and more!
Updated: July 2022