IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

NetApp SnapCenter OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

NetApp SnapCenter is #41 ranked solution in best Backup and Recovery Software. PeerSpot users give NetApp SnapCenter an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. NetApp SnapCenter is most commonly compared to Cohesity DataProtect: NetApp SnapCenter vs Cohesity DataProtect. NetApp SnapCenter is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 74% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a manufacturing company, accounting for 20% of all views.

Download the Backup and Recovery Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is NetApp SnapCenter?

Unified, scalable platform for application-consistent data protection and clone management. This software simplifies backup, restore, and clone lifecycle management with application-integrated workflows.

NetApp SnapCenter was previously known as SnapCenter.

NetApp SnapCenter Customers

All for One Steeb AG, Accenture

NetApp SnapCenter Video

NetApp SnapCenter Reviews

Infrastructure Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Free to use with good stability and very good technical support
  • "Technical support has been very helpful when we have issues."
  • "The UI, the User Interface, needs to be improved. It's not as clean or modern as it could be."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for snapshots and for backups.

What is most valuable?

We have found that the snapshotting mechanism is better than VMware.

The solution is stable.

The initial setup isn't extremely difficult.

Technical support has been very helpful when we have issues.

The solution is free to use for our company.

What needs improvement?

The usability of the solution could be much better. It's something the solution could improve upon.

Some of the granularity isn't there when you compare it to solutions like Rubrik, which are much slicker.

I've only been working with the solution for a couple of months. It hasn't been that long.

Backup and Recovery Software
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about NetApp, Veeam Software, Cohesity and others in Backup and Recovery Software. Updated: July 2022.
620,600 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is very stable. We haven't really experienced any bugs or glitches. I can't recall the product crashing or freezing. The reliability is pretty good in terms of performance.

We have not yet tested the scalability. I cannot speak to how easy it is to do so.

Currently, I am the only person in the company that is using the product.

We have dealt with technical support in the past. We've found them to be very, very good. They are helpful and responsive, They are knowledgeable. We are very satisfied with the level of service they provide to us when required.

We had previously used solutions VMware. However, we found that sometimes of the answers were too long when you use VMware snapshots. Therefore, we decided to switch to a different product altogether.

The initial setup is neither straightforward nor complex. It was somewhere in between. It has a moderate amount of complexity.

We use the solution for free. The price couldn't be any lower for us. We have no complaints in that regard.

I've looked at Rubrik in the past. I find it to be much slicker in its capabilities. It offers much more granularity.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution. I cannot speak to the actual version number.

I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

If new users or companies are considering the solution, I would advise that they make sure they read the documentation in full. It's the best advice I can offer a new user.

Download our free Backup and Recovery Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about NetApp, Veeam Software, Cohesity, and more!
Updated: July 2022