Motadata ServiceOps OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the IT Service Management (ITSM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Motadata ServiceOps?

A Unified Platform that Includes PinkVERIFY Certified Service Desk, Asset Manager, and Patch Manager to Streamline Business Processes across the Organization Without the Need for Third-party Tools.

Motadata ServiceOps was previously known as Motadata IT Service Management, Motadata ITSM.

Motadata ServiceOps Customers

Satcom Infotech

Motadata ServiceOps Video

Motadata ServiceOps Reviews

Technical Officer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Responsive technical support and an easy initial setup but needs better asset management
  • "The documentation for beginners is easily available online and very useful."
  • "We have noticed that sometimes we have a delay in action on technical support issues due to time differences."

What is our primary use case?

The solution was primarily used for request management for managing tickets. We can use the platform to make requests for issues that are IT-related. In addition to that, we have access to a change in management, or program management features.

How has it helped my organization?

The product has actually helped meet all of our IT required needs. It's able to help solve issues quickly. It has also helped us to monitor activities on location.

Due to this product, we've been able to improve our IT services and how we work. It's simplified our response towards issues in our environment.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers a very good service ops package.

The product allows us to resolve issues much faster.

The initial setup is very easy.

The documentation for beginners is easily available online and very useful.

The product has been very stable.

We have found that the scalability is excellent so far.

Technical support is quite responsive.

What needs improvement?

Asset management aspects of the solution need work. It's able to discover assets well and good, however, compared to other asset management solutions, it's a bit behind in fact-checking.

It's not very interactive. It's not very accepted by a lot of users. They should make it more user-friendly.

There could be more automation options.

IT Service Management (ITSM)
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Motadata, EverestIMS, Serviceaide and others in IT Service Management (ITSM). Updated: November 2022.
654,218 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've used the solution for about a year at this point.

I haven't noted any stability issues. It's very reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

We have about 50 people using the solution with about 500 or more company visitors.

The solution is actually really scalable. It is dependent on the hardware's efficiency. The bigger the environment, the more the users, all you just need is the virtual machine.

Technical support is okay. They try to be very responsive. The minute you send an email, you get a response quickly. The only issue sometimes is a delay due to the time difference. Sometimes we have fixed the issue before they even review our email simply due to the timing of the event.

We did previously use a solution that was quite good. however, it was also very expensive. It was a Microsoft solution.

We found the initial setup to be surprisingly straightforward. It's not overly complex and difficult, and the ease of setup is a great selling point. We started to do it on our own as it was so straightforward.

There is a beginner's guide on their website which you can use. It's a very good toolbox and very useful.

Basically, all you need to do is start up your virtual machine inside or outside, put in some passwords, and run one or two commands as directed and it's up and ready to go. The only thing that may take a while is the configuration process. Otherwise, the deployment is relatively fast. In about two weeks it's completely done.

We have two or three people involved in the maintenance aspect of the product

We handled the implementation ourselves in-house as it's a fairly straightforward operation.

We have noted an ROI. We've noticed a 60% reduction in expenses since using this product, especially in relation to just taking into account the licensing fee.

The pricing is very reasonable and one of the main reasons we chose to use this solution.

I reviewed SysAid. One of the things that made me move away from SysAid was the fact that SysAid was just purely ITSM. We didn't have a very strong asset management IT solution. We didn't really look at other options.

What other advice do I have?

I am a systems administrator.

We're able to provide a cloud-hosted virtual machine where this is used. We can also set up an IP address to allow for access to the interface.

I'd rate the solution at a six out of ten. The only real downside is that sometimes, due to time differences, we can't get assistance exactly when we need it. They also need to improve their asset management.

If a company needs basic service management with a good, easy-to-understand environment, then they should consider using Motadata.