Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Jelastic OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Jelastic is #12 ranked solution in PaaS Services. PeerSpot users give Jelastic an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Jelastic is most commonly compared to Amazon AWS: Jelastic vs Amazon AWS. Jelastic is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 49% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 27% of all views.

Download the PaaS Clouds Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2022

What is Jelastic?

Jelastic is a DevOps PaaS and CaaS for business that can be deployed on bare metal hardware or any IaaS. The platform provides certified containers for Java, PHP, Ruby, Node.js, Python and .NET and the ability to use custom Docker containers. Jelastic offers agile deployment models without coding to proprietary APIs, flexible automatic scaling for stateless and stateful applications, collaboration, access control, monitoring, backup and disaster recovery, built-in billing and business analytics tools, while driving down TCO with high density and hardware utilization. For more information or to start a free, two-week trial, visit us at www.jelastic.com

• Public, Private, Hybrid and Multi-Cloud deployments
  • Automated continuous integration, delivery and upgrade processes
  • More than 50 certified containers out-of-the-box and support of custom Docker containers
  • Automatic vertical and horizontal scaling according to applications load
  • Intuitive UI, open API and SSH access to containers
  • Integration with Git, SVN & Continuous Integration services
  • Automated replication for application servers and databases
  • Multi-cloud and multi-region management of workloads distribution
  • Comprehensive billing engine, quotas and access control policies
  • Integration with WHMCS, Odin Service Automation and custom billing systems
  • Metering, monitoring and troubleshooting
Jelastic Customers

Hosting Providers: Locaweb, Planeetta, dogado, Elastx Layershift, ServInt, Hostnet, Info.nl, Innofield, Lunacloud, Reg.ru, Websolute

Private Cloud and Integrators: Datajoe, Croc, Ciklum, Vergence, Centerprise, GMV Soluciones

Jelastic Video

Archived Jelastic Reviews (more than two years old)

CTO at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The horizontal and vertical auto-scaling is the most valuable feature.
  • "The advanced level of production-ready Docker hosting, one-click application deployment, and the truly flexible pricing."
  • "For now, some customers are requesting support of Docker containers for Windows."

What is our primary use case?

Offering a Platform as a Service (PaaS) solution, very easy to use thanks to an intuitive dashboard and with a real pay per use model.

How has it helped my organization?

Jelastic has helped Infortelecom to attract and gain more developers as customers, which differentiates our offer from other cloud hosts in our country. Infortelecom is the only official Jelastic partner in Spain.

What is most valuable?

The horizontal and vertical auto-scaling feature, which does not involve changing anything in the code of the projects, is the most valuable feature. This helps developers to focus on improving their projects at the code level, without worrying about system administration. Several of our important customers who use Jelastic have highlighted this feature.

Other valuable features include the advanced level of production-ready Docker hosting, one-click application deployment, and the truly flexible pricing.

What needs improvement?

Jelastic is always listening to its partners and customers, so any feedback we get we send to Jelastic staff and they consider implementing it in future versions. For now, some customers are requesting support of Docker containers for Windows. I know that this was already added to the backlog.

PaaS Clouds
October 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Jelastic, Amazon, Heroku and others in PaaS Clouds. Updated: October 2022.
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Three to five years.

Jelastic is extremely stable. We never had any issues. We never received any complaints from our customers about stability.

We had never had any scalability issues with Jelastic. We have monitoring systems for Jelastic and if the Jelastic cluster resources are near to capacity, we get a warning. We just need to add more servers/resources to it.

Jelastic technical support is great. Keep in mind that our staff has years of expertise in system administration and they have also been trained by Jelastic professional teams to support the product. Any user of Jelastic at Infortelecom has double technical support. In fact, Infortelecom has the highest score that Jelastic gives in quality of support and performance.

We did not have a previous solution.

Jelastic professional services helped us a lot with the initial setup and the future needs we had. There was no complexity at all. The way to manage the platform, from the provider and customer's point of view, is web-based. There is a nice and flexible dashboard. It is very easy to run applications using Jelastic. Power users can modify configuration files from the UI or by SSH access.

Pricing for the customers is really easy, as it is pay per use. If any server is switched off, you don't have to pay for anything. Customers can control the minimum and maximum price for their environments very easily from the control panel. There are no surprises at all!

Pricing for providers is revenue-shared based. Providers should invest in hardware to set up the Jelastic cluster.

No others solutions were evaluated. We just fell in love when we met Jelastic in a World Hosting Day meeting. :-)

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for a great PaaS product, don't hesitate to check Jelastic! You can try it for free for 14 days. Just register on our webpage: https://infortelecom.es/jelastic. In addition, please let us know if you need more time to try it. We are here to help you.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are the only official Jelastic partner in Spain.
Founder & Cloud Architect at innofield AG
We like the support for vertical and horizontal auto-scaling.

Valuable Features

- No Vendor-Lock-In
- Usage-based Billing
- Easy-to-use Management Dashboard

Use of Solution

2 Years

Based on our experience, the technical support from Jelastic is 10 of 10!

Other Advice

Jelastic is exactly what we expect from a PaaS vendor: easy-to-start, easy-to-manage, container based technology, support for vertical and horizontal auto-scaling, and all this without vendor lock-in.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're a Jelastic partner
PaaS Clouds
October 2022
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Co-founder at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Costs less than other solutions and it's easy to migrate.

What is most valuable?

• Automatic vertical and horizontal scaling.
  • Easy setup process, I created my production and test environments in minutes.
  • Easy deployment throughout maven (automatically deploys your applications to all web servers if you have high availability).
  • Pay only for the resources your application uses.

How has it helped my organization?

We almost don't have to maintain our servers. We don't have to worry about scaling as our user-base grows. Saves time and money.

What needs improvement?

An S3 like storage system, if they have a s3 API compatible system I can move my files from AWS.

2 years

I am satisfied with technical support but Jelastic is a platform there are several service providers, so I can not comment on all of them.

I used AWS. The problem with AWS was, I need to make a commitment for 3 years in order to reduce the price of a ec2 instance. But a lot changes in 3 years, at the end of the second year you may want to change your instance type, like I did want to move from medium utilized server to a high utilized one but I already had contract on medium. With Jelastic I did not make any commitments and it's still costs less.

It took almost 5 minutes. A few clicks from the Jelastic control panel and you are ready to go.

Heroku