Ivanti Patch for Windows OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Ivanti Patch for Windows is the #10 ranked solution in top Patch Management tools. PeerSpot users give Ivanti Patch for Windows an average rating of 7.8 out of 10. Ivanti Patch for Windows is most commonly compared to Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager: Ivanti Patch for Windows vs Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager. Ivanti Patch for Windows is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 60% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 19% of all views.

Download the Patch Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Ivanti Patch for Windows?

Ivanti Patch for Windows is a complete, integrated security management solution. Its purpose is to help your organization protect your Ivanti managed devices from a variety of prevalent security exposures and risks. And if you have Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), the solution also helps maximize your organization's investment in it to reduce security risks from unpatched non-Microsoft third-party applications. In turn, this keeps your risk low and your software up to date without adding unnecessary infrastructure or cost.

Ivanti Patch for Windows Features

Ivanti Patch for Windows has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:

• Catalog of patch content for OS and third party apps
  • Vulnerability detection and remediation for Windows, macOS, and Linux
  • Scan and report on AIX, CentOS, and HP-UX vulnerabilities
  • Quick deployment without impacting your network or users
  • Distributed and remote patching
  • Patch lifecycle management
  • Automated updates
  • Patch devices anywhere through Wake-On-WAN, device booting, do-not-disturb events, and maintenance windows
  • Visibility
  • Patch intelligence
  • Unified endpoint management add-on
  • Flexible infrastructure
  • Device discovery

Ivanti Patch for Windows Benefits

Some of the benefits of using Ivanti Patch for Windows include:

• Increased security: Ivanti Patch for Windows helps you automate consistent policies for patching — whether your assets are mobile, remote, or asleep.

• Reduced risk: Ivanti Patch for Windows enables you to more easily detect and remediate OS and third-party app vulnerabilities on different systems, to comply with laws and regulations.

• Business operations go uninterrupted: By implementing Ivanti Patch for Windows, you eliminate issues that would otherwise slow down user devices. The solution allows you to patch at the right time, under the right conditions, to minimize the impact on users.

• Enhanced visibility: With Ivanti Patch for Windows, you can assess vulnerabilities and patch status via scanning, dashboards, and reports.

• Stronger security: With Ivanti Patch for Windows, administrators can assess and remediate user devices from anywhere without requiring a VPN connection, making Ivanti Patch for Windows very secure.

Reviews from Real Users

Below are some reviews and helpful feedback written by Ivanti Patch for Windows users.

PeerSpot user Tom P., Group Chairman at Unixpac, says, “This is an extremely robust product. It now has almost 20 years of history. It is very easy to use, as well as extremely efficient and accurate. Most of our customers just set it and forget it. They install it, and it does all of the automatic patching, month after month.

A Sr. Administrator at a computer software company explains, “The most valuable features are device management and support for upgrading applications. If I want to upgrade a version of an application, for example, Google Chrome, then I can create a task and push a Google Chrome update.”

A Sr. System Admin at a manufacturing company says the solution is “Straightforward to install and the features are good.

Hussein M., Infrastructure Systems Engineer at a tech services company, says, “I have found the interface and ease of use valuable features. Additionally, it is very easy to patch VMs and other systems, such as Linux. We are able to do patches even without the internet manually.

Ivanti Patch for Windows was previously known as Patch for Windows, Shavlik Patch for Windows.

Ivanti Patch for Windows Customers

Presbyterian Church

Ivanti Patch for Windows Video

Archived Ivanti Patch for Windows Reviews (more than two years old)

Tom Piotrowski - PeerSpot reviewer
Group Chairman at Unixpac
Reseller
Easy to use, robust, and the technical support is good
  • "It is very easy to use, as well as extremely efficient and accurate."
  • "Customers sometimes ask about non-existent features, and we pass these requests on to Ivanti."

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller of this technology and not end-users.

Our clients use it to for automatically patching their software.

What is most valuable?

This is an extremely robust product. It now has almost 20 years of history.

What needs improvement?

Customers sometimes ask about non-existent features, and we pass these requests on to Ivanti.

I have worked with Ivanti since 2004.

Patch Management
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Ivanti, Microsoft, ManageEngine and others in Patch Management. Updated: November 2022.
653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have never had negative feedback from a customer about something that didn't work.

When there has been feedback, it is about the patches themselves. This is a patching product that grabs available patches for a given application. For example, if an application from Adobe has a problem in the patch then it might manifest itself. However, that is the result of the patch and not the patching solution that was at fault.

Scalability has not been an issue. We have clients with as few as five systems and clients with as many as 30,000.

Occasionally, we have to use technical support. We don't normally have problems but sometimes customers will ask about non-existing features and want to know if there is a workaround available. This is typically when we reach out to them. In our experience, they have been pretty good.

We have had experience with our clients using similar products like BigFix and the SolarWinds Patch Manager. We assisted them in switching to Ivanti because their previous solution was too cumbersome or too complicated.

There have been other solutions from vendors such as Kaspersky and IBM, as well. We stay focused on Ivanti because we are confident in the product.

The initial setup is very straightforward and it takes just minutes to deploy.

There are two versions of this product available. One of them is complete and standalone, which comes with its own patching engine and does the scanning from a selected workstation. The other version taps into Microsoft SCCM, so you have to have the SCCM process running, and then it will just augment it with third-party applications.

The one that works with SCCM takes perhaps 15 to 20 minutes to deploy, whereas the standalone product takes about ten minutes longer.

Most of our customers take this product "as is" and install it themselves. Our after-sales support is minimal because they usually know how to use it.

The price depends on which version is being licensed. For the one that works with SCCM, it is relatively inexpensive at $8 USD per node, yearly. The standalone product has two versions; the one that patches servers is about $45 USD annually and the version that patches workstations is about half that price at $22 USD.

There are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees. It is a term-based license that includes support for one, two, or three years at a time.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that we have been selling for 16 years and I recommend it with no hesitation.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Sr. System Admin at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
Straightforward to install and the features are good

What needs improvement?

I would like to have better support for the application. For example, more regional support with 24/7 access would be helpful.

We have been using Ivanti Patch for Windows for a couple of years.

I would say that it is scalable but when it comes to third-party vendors, it depends on their support model. If they come out with a new version then this only scales if they come out with patches between versions.

We have about five people who have core access to Ivanti Patch.

I would rate the technical support a seven or eight out of ten.

The biggest problem that I have with technical support is that it is not regional and we are dealing with time differences. For example, when I want to contact support, it is nighttime for them. When they get back to me, I am asleep and have to respond the following day. Then, they receive my response during the night and it continues like this. It is inconvenient and it takes much longer than it should.

People have told me that they found it difficult to install compared to other products. However, I did not have much difficulty and found it to be straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

Both in terms of features and operations, this is a good solution. I would recommend it to others based on that but it would be better if the support were improved.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Download our free Patch Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Ivanti, Microsoft, ManageEngine, and more!
Updated: November 2022