Ivanti Patch for Windows OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Ivanti Patch for Windows is the #11 ranked solution in top Patch Management tools. PeerSpot users give Ivanti Patch for Windows an average rating of 7.8 out of 10. Ivanti Patch for Windows is most commonly compared to Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager: Ivanti Patch for Windows vs Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager. Ivanti Patch for Windows is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 61% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 19% of all views.

Download the Patch Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Ivanti Patch for Windows?

Ivanti Patch for Windows is a complete, integrated security management solution. Its purpose is to help your organization protect your Ivanti managed devices from a variety of prevalent security exposures and risks. And if you have Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), the solution also helps maximize your organization's investment in it to reduce security risks from unpatched non-Microsoft third-party applications. In turn, this keeps your risk low and your software up to date without adding unnecessary infrastructure or cost.

Ivanti Patch for Windows Features

Ivanti Patch for Windows has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:

• Catalog of patch content for OS and third party apps
  • Vulnerability detection and remediation for Windows, macOS, and Linux
  • Scan and report on AIX, CentOS, and HP-UX vulnerabilities
  • Quick deployment without impacting your network or users
  • Distributed and remote patching
  • Patch lifecycle management
  • Automated updates
  • Patch devices anywhere through Wake-On-WAN, device booting, do-not-disturb events, and maintenance windows
  • Visibility
  • Patch intelligence
  • Unified endpoint management add-on
  • Flexible infrastructure
  • Device discovery

Ivanti Patch for Windows Benefits

Some of the benefits of using Ivanti Patch for Windows include:

• Increased security: Ivanti Patch for Windows helps you automate consistent policies for patching — whether your assets are mobile, remote, or asleep.

• Reduced risk: Ivanti Patch for Windows enables you to more easily detect and remediate OS and third-party app vulnerabilities on different systems, to comply with laws and regulations.

• Business operations go uninterrupted: By implementing Ivanti Patch for Windows, you eliminate issues that would otherwise slow down user devices. The solution allows you to patch at the right time, under the right conditions, to minimize the impact on users.

• Enhanced visibility: With Ivanti Patch for Windows, you can assess vulnerabilities and patch status via scanning, dashboards, and reports.

• Stronger security: With Ivanti Patch for Windows, administrators can assess and remediate user devices from anywhere without requiring a VPN connection, making Ivanti Patch for Windows very secure.

Reviews from Real Users

Below are some reviews and helpful feedback written by Ivanti Patch for Windows users.

PeerSpot user Tom P., Group Chairman at Unixpac, says, “This is an extremely robust product. It now has almost 20 years of history. It is very easy to use, as well as extremely efficient and accurate. Most of our customers just set it and forget it. They install it, and it does all of the automatic patching, month after month.

A Sr. Administrator at a computer software company explains, “The most valuable features are device management and support for upgrading applications. If I want to upgrade a version of an application, for example, Google Chrome, then I can create a task and push a Google Chrome update.”

A Sr. System Admin at a manufacturing company says the solution is “Straightforward to install and the features are good.

Hussein M., Infrastructure Systems Engineer at a tech services company, says, “I have found the interface and ease of use valuable features. Additionally, it is very easy to patch VMs and other systems, such as Linux. We are able to do patches even without the internet manually.

Ivanti Patch for Windows was previously known as Patch for Windows, Shavlik Patch for Windows.

Ivanti Patch for Windows Customers

Presbyterian Church

Ivanti Patch for Windows Video

Ivanti Patch for Windows Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Ivanti Patch for Windows pricing:
  • "While the price is a bit high, it may be equitable with the features one gets with the product, such as that involving the interface."
  • "The solution is affordable."
  • Ivanti Patch for Windows Reviews

Sr. Administartor at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Good device management functionality, contributes to a streamlined patching process, but the reporting needs to be improved
    • "The most valuable features are device management and support for upgrading applications."
    • "The reports have to show the compliance level of the patching, which Ivanti does not provide."

What is our primary use case?

This product has many use cases including device management, Windows patching, deploying applications, copying files to multiple systems, and USB blocking.

How has it helped my organization?

This product helps us to create a streamlined process and it is working as expected.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are device management and support for upgrading applications. If I want to upgrade a version of an application, for example, Google Chrome, then I can create a task and push a Google Chrome update.

What needs improvement?

The reporting is an area that can be improved, which is why we are looking for a replacement. The reports have to show the compliance level of the patching, which Ivanti does not provide.

We need reports that are both good and presentable.

November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Ivanti, Microsoft, ManageEngine and others in Patch Management. Updated: November 2022.
    657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been working with Ivanti Patch for Windows for more than three years.

This is a stable product.

Ivanti scales according to the number of licenses. We have not had an issue scaling.

We have more than 800 users who are supported by our IT team of approximately 10 people.

Technical support is through the vendor and it is fine. We have not faced any issues with them.

The initial setup is complex. If I want to send a report then it is very complex. The reports are not easy to understand and not presentable. There are many manual steps that are required.

I was not with the company when Ivanti was deployed. It was done with help through the OEM.

When a patch is released then we need to update it. Otherwise, there is no maintenance required.

We are looking for a product to replace Ivanti and are evaluating different solutions with similar functionality. Right now, I am in the process of evaluating ManageEngine to compare both of the products.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this product is that it is good enough for many situations but if you require a dashboard or reports to show your compliance level, then it is not there. In that case, you have to think about other options.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Sales Manager at Nextlevel IP
    A good product with a complete set of features
    • "The solution is a good product and I have heard that the interface is more friendly than that of Windows."
    • "I tried to be a partner of Ivanti and, from this vantage point, the quotes are, perhaps, a bit high."

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use the solution for patching Windows servers.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The pricing is a bit steep, although, as we can understand the features concerning the interface, it may be commensurate with the product's value.

The product is geared towards really large enterprises, such as those of our customers. We act as integrators, partners of Cisco, meaning we provide customer service. We are resellers, not end-users. We exclusively provide patches using the client's console. I tried to be a partner of Ivanti and, from this vantage point, the quotes are, perhaps, a bit high.

I believe Windows to be free, included in the server license. Regarding the price, I would consider the product to be very good. I see no issues with it and consider it to be excellent. Its features are very complete.

I have been using Ivanti Patch for Windows for around two years.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Ivanti Patch for Windows as an eight out of ten.

November 2022
    657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Hussein Marwani - PeerSpot reviewer
    Infrastructure Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Easy to use, simple patching, and priced well

What is most valuable?

I have found the interface and ease of use valuable features. Additionally, it is very easy to patch VMs and other systems, such a Linux. We are able to do patches even without the internet manually.

What needs improvement?

There are times when there is an update that causes some issues. These issues should be sorted out before the release.

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

The solution is stable.

The technical support has been good.

The initial setup is very easy.

The solution is affordable.

I have evaluated ManageEngine Patch.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Ivanti Patch for Windows an eight out of ten.

Dinesh S - PeerSpot reviewer
    Sr. System Admin at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
    Great patch module and package distribution

What is most valuable?

Ivanti Patch's most valuable features are the patch module and the package distribution.

What needs improvement?

Ivanti Patch could be improved with better integration with other cloud solutions.

I've been using Ivanti Patch for over six years.

Ivanti Patch's stability is pretty good.

Ivanti Patch is pretty scalable.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

Ivanti Patch is far better than other solutions, and I would give it a rating of eight out of ten.

Download our free Patch Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Ivanti, Microsoft, ManageEngine, and more!
    Updated: November 2022