We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Infoblox Advanced DNS Protection OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Infoblox Advanced DNS Protection is #5 ranked solution in top Domain Name System (DNS) Security tools. PeerSpot users give Infoblox Advanced DNS Protection an average rating of 8 out of 10. Infoblox Advanced DNS Protection is most commonly compared to Cisco Umbrella: Infoblox Advanced DNS Protection vs Cisco Umbrella. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 28% of all views.
What is Infoblox Advanced DNS Protection?

Infoblox Advanced DNS Protection (ADP) effectively shields you from the widest range of DNS DDoS attacks, ensuring that you can maintain service uptime for your organization. Minimizing disruptions caused by DDoS and other DNS-based attacks is a key business imperative because DNS provides mission-critical network connectivity. If your DNS is down, your business is down. With ADP you can maintain DNS integrity and stop external and internal DNS DDoS attacks that can take your business offline. ADP eliminates such threats as volumetric attacks, DNS hijacking, cache poisoning and other DNS-specific exploits. A proven solution, it ensures that your customers can always reach your website and other external systems, and it keeps your business up and running 24×7 to maintain customer trust and confidence.

Infoblox Advanced DNS Protection was previously known as Infoblox Secure DNS.

Download the Domain Name System (DNS) Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Infoblox Advanced DNS Protection Customers

Colruyt Group, Council Rock School District, Danone, GlaxoSmithKline, The Hershey Company

Infoblox Advanced DNS Protection Video

Archived Infoblox Advanced DNS Protection Reviews (more than two years old)

LotfiBenaouda
Network Security Regional Domain Lead at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Mature and stable with an easy initial setup
  • "DHCP is a basic service, and they've been doing it for years, so it's mature and stable."
  • "The solution is expensive."

What is most valuable?

We're currently in deployment, so it's hard for me to discuss the most valuable aspects of the solution. At the moment, we're just using it for the DHCP. We're expecting to really like the discovery model, but we haven't tested it yet.

What needs improvement?

I'm a manager, so I'm not someone who's working closely with the solution. It's also in the deployment phase, so we haven't spent enough time with the solution to really judge what is missing or not.

I've been using the solution for a year.

The solution is very stable. It's one of it's selling points.

The solution is very scalable.

We haven't used technical support yet. We're working with a partner, and so far we haven't needed them as everything has been working fine.

The initial setup is straightforward for a specialist. It's not something I'd recommend for beginners.

The solution is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We use the hybrid deployment model.

The brand is a market leader, which makes the solution expensive, but it's worth the price because it is so stable.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I'd rate it higher if the price was more reasonable.

Network and Security Consultant at a non-profit
Helped us protect our internal environment by mitigating and stopping attacks by using DNS protocols and queries
  • "Infoblox Secure DNS helped us protect our internal environment by mitigating and stopping attacks through the Internet using DNS protocols and queries."
  • "Centralized management of DNS, DHCP, and IPAM helped us a lot in simplifying and automating the management of network and services."
  • "Grid high availability technology ensured network reliability, resilient network services, failover, recovery, and seamless maintenance."
  • "I think only the technical documentation and administration of box could be a little bit improved."

What is our primary use case?

Deployed Infoblox Grid at our datacenter to provide DHCP and DNS services for internal users and deployed another secure DNS solution for external users facing WAN. IP address management is also being done by it, as well as NetMRI, which is also installed for port and IP management.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

Centralized management of DNS, DHCP, and IPAM helped us a lot in simplifying and automating the management of network and services. Grid high availability technology ensured network reliability, resilient network services, failover, recovery, and seamless maintenance.

What needs improvement?

Three to five years.

We were using Microsoft DNS. We had issues in reporting and lack of security features.

Yes, we evaluated BlueCat.

Download our free Domain Name System (DNS) Security Report and find out what your peers are saying about Infoblox, Cisco, EfficientIP, and more!