IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

IBM Security Secret Server OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

IBM Security Secret Server is #10 ranked solution in top Privileged Access Management (PAM) tools. PeerSpot users give IBM Security Secret Server an average rating of 10.0 out of 10. IBM Security Secret Server is most commonly compared to Delinea Secret Server: IBM Security Secret Server vs Delinea Secret Server. IBM Security Secret Server is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 64% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 26% of all views.

Download the Privileged Access Management (PAM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is IBM Security Secret Server?

IBM Security Secret Server protects privileged accounts from hackers and insider threats, helps ensure compliance with evolving regulations, and allows authorized employees to seamlessly gain access to the tools and information they need to drive productivity. Easily detect, manage and audit privileged accounts, and control which applications are permitted to run on endpoints and servers to prevent malicious applications from penetrating the environment. IBM Security Secret Server is fast to deploy, easy to use and scalable for the enterprise.

IBM Security Secret Server was previously known as IBM Secret Server, Secret Server, IBM Security Privileged Identity Manager.

IBM Security Secret Server Video

Archived IBM Security Secret Server Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user666729 - PeerSpot reviewer
IAM Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
We have achieved centralized password management. Disaster recovery could be improved.

What is most valuable?

• Privileged credentials management: With this feature, we have achieved centralized password management. This is especially the case when we do not manage the users, but we still can secure passwords.
  • Automatic checkout via the access agent
  • Simple and automatic
  • Session recording
  • Accountability, security, and audit

How has it helped my organization?

Centralized Password Management: Our client has more than 400 geographical locations and approximately ten employees work at each location.

Giving access to business application passwords for 4000 users will make it highly insecure. Now that passwords are being managed with PIM, this makes us feel happy and satisfied.

What needs improvement?

High availability and disaster recovery could be improved.

While planning for a production environment, the HA and DR setup is a mandatory requirement from most of the customers.

IBM PIM can support HA and DR setup, but that requires a lot of complex steps and need in-depth technical knowledge of some tools which are beyond the scope of this actual product.

Another issue is migration. If you have a hosted PIM in your local environment and you plan to migrate it to some cloud-based environment, then migration will become a painful task.

I have been using this for the past three years.

Privileged Access Management (PAM)
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Delinea, CyberArk and others in Privileged Access Management (PAM). Updated: July 2022.
622,358 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Earlier versions of this product had stability issues.

No issues so far with stability.

I would give IBM technical support a rating of 9/10.

We did not have a previous solution.

The setup was simple and straightforward.

I am not the right person to ask about pricing and licensing.

We evaluated CyberArk and Oracle PAM.

What other advice do I have?

Planning, planning, and planning.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are IBM Premier business partners.
it_user598995 - PeerSpot reviewer
Security Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Session recording and replay provides forensic evidence and increases the deterrence factor from a security perspective.

What is most valuable?

Centralized administration and secure access of privileged, shared credentials gives our organization visibility into the usage of privileged, shared credentials and mitigates the risk of misuse.

Session recording and replay provides forensic evidence of activities and increases the deterrence factor for the organization from a security perspective.

Lifecycle management of shared credentials helps our organization manage large numbers of shared credentials.

How has it helped my organization?

Access to privileged, shared credentials is simplified by optimizing the whole workflow and approval processes. This drastically reduces the time required compared to our legacy process.

What needs improvement?

Although much has improved in last two years, the GUI for IBM products can be improved.

I work for a business partner and this product has been in my portfolio for one and a half years.

Stability issues have not been encountered, so far.

Currently, our company only serves SME enterprises and no scalability issues have been recorded.

I would rate IBM technical support with grade 3.5/5. There are different experiences regarding this among our users.

We are an IBM business partner. I did not work with other PIM solutions.

Installation is straightforward, while some integrations can vary. Depending on client requirements, some integrations with custom client applications can be pretty complex.

Licensing for this product is pretty simple, but I don’t have pricing information.

We did not evaluate any other alternatives. We are an IBM business partner.

What other advice do I have?

Perform a Proof of Concept and test the integration capabilities.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are an IBM business partner.
Download our free Privileged Access Management (PAM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Delinea, CyberArk, and more!
Updated: July 2022