Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

IBM Rational Performance Tester OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Test Management Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is IBM Rational Performance Tester?
IBM Rational Performance Tester is a performance testing solution that validates the scalability of web and server applications. Rational Performance Tester identifies the presence and cause of system performance bottlenecks and reduces load testing complexity.

IBM Rational Performance Tester was previously known as Rational Performance Tester.

IBM Rational Performance Tester Customers
andagon, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon
IBM Rational Performance Tester Video

Archived IBM Rational Performance Tester Reviews (more than two years old)

Testing Tool Expert at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
A solution that supports multiple integrations and offers great technical support
  • "Technical support is very good. I'm very satisfied with the assistance we've received so far."
  • "The solution is not easily scalable. If you want to extend the solution, you need to purchase a different kind of license. You also have to work with the IBM team to assist in scaling."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspects of the solution are the multiple technologic supports and the multiple integrations with other IBM tools from the same ecosystem.

What needs improvement?

The way the solution was developed to build the components is very poor.

They need to be able to integrate better overall.

They don't have to change the architecture of the solution, but they need to adjust the development aspects to make it easier and more user-friendly for customers.

I've been using the solution for five years.

The solution is stable.

Test Management Tools
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Micro Focus, Microsoft and others in Test Management Tools. Updated: September 2022.
634,590 professionals have used our research since 2012.

For a rational performance testing solution, the initial setup is very complex. The setup was difficult and the documentation was not very up to date. The documentation is also too simple; it's good for making simple operations, but when the difficulty level is a bit higher, you will need IBM to help you. You can get lost in the process very quickly.

We need between two and five people to maintain the solution.

We implemented the solution using a consultant.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model of the solution.

I'd advise people to understand their needs before implementing. If they have a simple flow, they probably don't need such a complex tool.

I  would rate the solution eight out of ten.

Senior Test Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Enables us to run performance tests against the most common application environments

What is most valuable?

The tool supports multiple protocols, such as HTTP, Citrix, and SAP. It enables me, as a consultant, to run performance tests against the most common application environments.

I can manage the complete performance test process from a single interface, which saves me from installing additional software and swapping between applications.

Provides very good user workload modelling functionality, which is important for me to accurately represent real business scenarios when designing my tests.

Very easy to customize and edit tests once recorded with lots of features for renaming, merging, splitting pages, and data driving tests.

Load generation is supported from the cloud via a ‘pay-as-you-go’ model, which removes the need for us to provide additional hardware resources and network bandwidth for large tests.

Resource monitoring of the system under test infrastructure is also supported. This enables me to correlate performance statistics with resource utilization figures during analysis.

How has it helped my organization?

It supports our agile approach not only philosophically but now practically in enabling us to provide performance testing “On Demand” and earlier in the development lifecycle.

This allowed us to act quickly on several occasions where it was crucial to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks with minimal delay.

What needs improvement?

The installation and tool setup can take some time, since this involves several components. A review of the licensing implementation would help here.

There could be better process guidance to help inexperienced testers to follow procedures and navigate the tool.

We have been using this for 10 years.

There were no issues with stability, although as this is a Java-based tool. You do have to manage the “housekeeping” in terms of garbage collection and heap size optimization when running large load tests or executing tests for an extended period of time.

This tool is very scalable. This is one of its selling points. For large scale tests, i.e., 5000 virtual users and up, it performs very well.

When needed, I have found the technical support to be very in terms of speed of response and problem resolution ability.

JMeter was used previously, but we found it limited in terms of protocol support, scalability, and lack of support for the entire test process i.e., analysis and reporting.

The installation and tool setup can take some time since this involves several components. A review of the licensing implementation would help here.

This is not the most expensive tool in the market place, but of course, it is not open source.

The cloud load generation option could be a solution for companies not able or willing to invest in an enterprise performance test solution.

I would consider their token licensing option if you are looking into other testing and or development tools since you can optimize license usage by re-using licensees across the Rational tool set.

What other advice do I have?

Realize that this tool will require some time and expertise to setup and configure. Make sure that you plan for this.

Test Management Tools
September 2022
634,590 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Architect Software Test Engineer at MAS Global Consulting
It can create scripts from the recording or from direct coding. Since it is built on Eclipse, it is expected to face corrupted projects that would impact time and efforts..

What is most valuable?

Code extending capabilities are the most valuable features, however it requires Java coding skills, and is not for those who aren't coders or for those with basic knowledge.

How has it helped my organization?

As other load tests, this product allows production of effective load to the SUT. It can create scripts from the recording or allows to create scripts from direct coding.

What needs improvement?

A better stable platform would be great, they might need to get away from the Eclipse platform and integrate on top of IntelliJ IDEA for a Linux version.

I have used this solution for about five years.

There were a couple of stability issues.

Since it is Java-based, it is expected to be a resource eater on Windows.

The technical support is about average, I would rate it a 7/10.

I did not switch solutions. Our company had this solution; it was the available product to deliver the services.

The setup was straightforward, it depends on the company's regulations and infrastructure policies.

What other advice do I have?

A solid PC should be used for scripting.

CPU: At least 4 Cores physical (i7)
RAM: 16GB to 32GB
SSD: 64-bit OS

For the controller, a proper size analysis based on the volume of testing is needed.

it_user327495 - PeerSpot reviewer
Associate - Projects at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It automatically correlates dynamic values, reducing script-enhancing times and meeting project schedules. However, it failed to support the Oracle NCA protocol.

What is most valuable?

• Automatic correlation and saving manual correlations and parameterization in a rule, so that it can be used for re-recording or subsequent flows. These features are big time saver.
  • Easy to include Java classes and write code to manipulate or provide data getting generated at run time.
  • It offers a good variety of reports to identify the presence and cause of performance bottlenecks. The reports provide the response time breakdown at the method level, which can be used to identify the cause of the bottleneck, by identifying slow performance classes, methods and individual lines of application source code

How has it helped my organization?

Saving the correlations in rule file and using this rule file, helped to automatically correlate dynamic values and thus reducing the script enhancing time and meeting the project schedules. Its built in root cause analysis tool helped to identify issues in codes. It also has good report formats and also provides variety of reports.

What needs improvement?

Support for more protocols is required. In one of my projects, we had an application using Oracle NCA protocol. To record this application, third party BSD plugin provided by IBM was used which was not very helpful. The support for this plugin was also not good as IBM support team didn’t know the exact solution.

It's been over three years.

It's above average.

We previously used HP LoadRunner and switched because the license is cheaper.

Straightforward.

We used a vendor team.

The pricing is fine, and it's good for long periods.

What other advice do I have?

It is significantly cheaper than LoadRunner. I would recommend this tool for small businesses with only web applications for performance testing. This tool is good to use after LoadRunner, but since it is not marketed properly, people have difficulty in using it. Once you are used to this tool, it is user friendly and provides very good analysis for web applications.

it_user341016 - PeerSpot reviewer
Java Developer + Workflow/Process Automation Developer with 501-1,000 employees
MSP
With its load and stress test capabilities, it's helped in scaling the performance of our application.

What is most valuable?

We mainly used it for load and stress tests for our application.

The valuable features are--

• test cases
  • data pools, and
  • logging features to see what went wrong during load run.

How has it helped my organization?

It's definitely helped in scaling the performance of our application.

I used it in an on-demand capacity for two years.

There were some issues, but they were related to another product.

Customer service is good.

Technical support is good.

I hadn't used a similar solution before.

It is complex for a novice.

it_user426579 - PeerSpot reviewer
it_user426579IBM Solution Architect(DevOps) - GMSI & ISV at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
MSP

good tool to use for all web based application

Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
It's given us the ability to have an editor to see requests and responses, and how to correlate them.

What is most valuable?

Customization and extensions made in Java is valuable because this can help you set elements to improve your results.

Additionally, it gives you the ability to have an editor where you can see requests and responses, and the way to correlate it.

Lastly, the possibility to cross data with your servers measure points such as CPU percentage, disk I/O, paging, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

Once we we're doing performance testing for a new system developed in Java, and the people in charge of development wanted to deploy the application as soon as possible for contract requirements, and were proposing to deploy it without performance testing it to gain two weeks.

We refused to do that and thankfully we did it, because during testing the server launched a CPU page fault error meaning one of the eight CPUs the sun blade had was defective, and needed to be replaced.

What needs improvement?

I can't suggest anything as I haven't used the latest version.

I've used it for about eight years.

We had open many PMRs for problems found in the products, and I'm not sure if all of them have been fixed.

4/5 - customer service is not bad, but many times they said that for an issue found in the product it "works as designed" and in my honest opinion, they were not correct.

We chose this product because the client had a full contract with IBM for software services.

It wasn't complex as the documentation is vast.

Implementation was neither a vendor team nor in-house. It was done as a service contract.

The main advice is to not forget to plan early all the testing cycles, and no matter how pushed you may be, don't give up on testing before deployment to the production environment, as this will save you a lot of money.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are an IBM software partner for services and software sales.
it_user326904 - PeerSpot reviewer
Quality Assurance Software Testing Lead at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
It allows non-programmers to create performance tests, but the system that detects why certain scripts fail to play back as recorded needs improvement.

What is most valuable?

• Easy to create scripts if you are not a programmer
  • Nice GUI feel
  • Easy to maintain servers

How has it helped my organization?

Non-programmers can now create performance tests.

What needs improvement?

• Make expression editing more automated
  • A better way of the system detecting why certain scripts are not playing back as recorded
  • Need the app to tell us at a higher level what went wrong

I've used it for one year.

No issues encountered.

Its English speaking support who responds the same day.

We previously used HP Performance Center. We changed due to HP overcharging for additional protocols needed for testing. IBM Rational Performance Tester does not charge any additional fees.

Straightforward. Some issues if you previously had HP UFT, QTP or Performance Center software installed. I would recommend a re-imaging prior to installing IBM if you had HP previously.

In house IBM implementation team. Also, it gave us a one week training course that was helpful

ROI is big because we do not need vendors to assist some with performance testing.

What other advice do I have?

The HP tool is overall a little better but much more expensive. More apps can use this tool for their performance tests.

Rational Tools Administrator for the National Science Foundation (NSF) at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
The Rational Quality Manager adapter allows testers to manage, schedule, and execute their assets from it, though tighter integration with Jazz would be an improvement.

Valuable Features

• The graphical Test Results and executive reports
  • The improved Load Generation Agent
  • The ability to couple test results with resource monitoring results across all application tiers
  • The ability to add custom code where needed (for enhanced data correlation for example)
  • The ever improving auto-data correlation

Improvements to My Organization

It helps the testers quickly and efficiently record tests, and setup schedules (test suites).

The Rational Quality Manager adapter for Rational Performance Tester allows testers to manage, schedule, and execute their Rational Performance Tester assets from Rational Quality Manager.

Comprehensive Rational Performance Tester results allow testers to identify bottlenecks in the systems under test.

Room for Improvement

I’d like to see a tighter integration with Rational Quality Manager and the Jazz platform. Additionally, making the results/reports more customizable would be useful.

Use of Solution

We've been using it for seven years.

When implementing complex solutions like this, you often run into deployment issues during the initial setup. However, upgrades have been very easy and transparent to the testers.

In terms of scalability and stability, it is important to gather your performance test requirements ahead of time so that you can properly design the most stable and scalable solution for the enterprise. For example, how many concurrent virtual users will be run during average and peak times is an important factor when determining the number of agents.

Rational support is responsive and knowledgeable of any issues we run into with RPT.

The initial setup itself was straightforward, but resolving the various issues after deployment took a couple weeks.

Implementation Team

The internal Rational Support team is responsible for the Rational tools where I work. I was involved in the Rational Performance Tester redesign, moving to a virtual server architecture, and involved IBM support when necessary. You definitely need to know what you are doing, or have someone who does available.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It helps knowing your usage model, having a performance test plan that includes requirements or projections from the applications to be tested, as well as design details of the test environment. It is more cost-effective buying all your projected licenses up front, as opposed to buying a small number each year to meet your needs.

Other Solutions Considered

HP LoadRunner and JMeter were evaluated, and those are good solutions too. The client chose RPT due to the Eclipse IDE and the graphical reports. Additionally, RPT doesn’t really require a lot of custom coding. However, being a Java shop, if custom code is needed we are able to leverage in-house Java developers to help in custom code development if necessary.

Other Advice

With little or no experience, you can try to muddle through the implementation if you have enough time. Otherwise, I suggest involving a consultant who really knows it. Full time support is always preferred (hire an experienced in-house team). Alternatively, hire part-time quick start support; find a good IBM Partner, like A Better Solution (ABS), that has a proven track record in helping organizations spin up on the various Rational tools such as this one.

it_user324369 - PeerSpot reviewer
QA Automation Engineer II / Developer II at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
It helped us determine that our longer response time was due to a couple of SQL bugs, though it doesn't support all applications types, such as mobile, web applications, XML requests, and PDF.

Valuable Features

Virtual Users

Improvements to My Organization

I found a couple of SQL bugs and discovered that when we used Rational Performance Tester the response time was longer than normal.

Room for Improvement

I would expect tool should support all application types, such as mobile, web applications, XML requests, PDF support etc.

Use of Solution

I've used it for six years.

7/10.

7/10.

It was complex.

It's too costly.

Other Advice

The tool has lots of limitations.

it_user323943 - PeerSpot reviewer
Netcool Engineer with 10,001+ employees
We can edit captured transactions and organize them by those for which we require performance metrics, but it lacks a set of manuals or guides that would take out some guess work.

What is most valuable?

It is used to capture and generate HTTP tests. The capture process is very easy. After this, we edited the captured transactions to organize them into the sections or transactions we require performance metrics for (i.e. splash page, user authentication, main pageload, logout, etc.). This editing process is easy to perform with the interface provided in Rational Performance Tester Finally, Rational Performance Tester has an import/export feature that has been extremely useful. We have used it to export our complete test library and import it into another Rational Performance Tester server with no loss or issues. This allows for platform test migrations and backup.

How has it helped my organization?

We are contracted to administrate and maintain an infrastructure that includes web-based services. Using Rational Performance Tester to capture and create ‘scripts’ to test those services allows our company to provide the client with SLA metrics that measure our performance. Also, the test can provide diagnostic indicators that can help point to issues with sub-services behind the web-based ‘curtain’ (i.e. file download, webmail, page loads, authentication, search, etc).

What needs improvement?

As intuitive as a product can be, its use could still benefit from a decent set of manuals or guides. It would certainly take much of the guess work out of using and interpreting the product output. If the Rational Software division has produced them, then I can only speculate that maybe they are buried somewhere in the IBM support site.

The person I replaced had been using this for a few years, and I continued to use IBM Rational Performance Tester at the client facility for a further three years. I had never used the product before.

Our client holds the support contract for the IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Transactions V7.4.0.1 (ITCAM-RT) which includes a license for IBM Rational Performance Tester 8.6 (RPT). These products were recently upgraded from the IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Transactions V7.3.0.1 and IBM Rational Performance Tester 8.2.1.

The deployment of RPT 8.2 was easy based on a guide that was provided by a Rational support engineer. I recently used this same Rational Performance Tester 8.2 installation guide to install a new server with RPT 8.6.

After placing a PMR with IBM, you are contacted by a support engineer who is a subject matter expert on the product you opened the PMR on. With the experiences I’ve had with IBM, I would give the support team an 85-90% favorable rating. The customer service skills of all engineers have not been consistent enough for a perfect rating. It can also be difficult to determine support needs when your environment contains multiple integrated products/assemblies (i.e. ITM, ITCAM-RT, etc.)

My arrival on the client site was after the product had already been chosen by the client. I did not participate in the selection/evaluation process that had occurred.

After the product installation, there was no need to change the default application parameters. The default configuration served our purposes ‘out-of-the-box’. The requirement and installation of the IBM certificate to allow the tests to be captured was resolved with IBM RPT support. By creating a “Development”, “Production” and “Archive” project folders, it was very easy to create, test and archive the library of tests that had been created over time.

I performed two Rational Performance Tester deployments using the Windows platform and understandably, each experience can differ. The ITCAM-RT Rational Integration Support was documented in the install guide that it would error and fail unless you install it with a Windows local admin account. My Windows engineer installed Windows Server on a physical server. He then gave me the administrator account and I performed the Rational Performance Tester installation. Next, we joined the server to the domain started the RPT and all was successful. The second install of Rational Performance Tester 8.6 did not work a smooth as the first based on a few steps being rearranged. In this case, the server was built (virtual server this time). The server was joined to the domain and since the group policy would prohibit local admin accounts, we had to install the Rational Performance Tester product through the VMWare console to the server. Next, group policy adjustments had to be made to allow user access to RPT.

Not having been involved in the evaluation or purchase of Rational Performance Tester, I cannot quantify the ROI. I can say that Rational Performance Tester was perfectly suited to provide the means to monitor the availability and performance of our web services.

What other advice do I have?

The majority of issues I have experienced have not been attributed to the product, but to the environment. These issues ranged from test target firewall access, browser security configurations, certificate requirements, domain privileges and group policies. Procuring an administrative guide/manual was impossible, but the IBM website does have many supportive tip and “best practice” guides. Any IBM PMRs that we opened on RPT involved test metric interpretations and the IBM/RPT support team was very helpful to diagnose the non-RPT related issues mentioned.

To provide and overall usage picture, all tests created in RPT are exported to and performed by ITCAM-RT.The metrics stored in an Oracle database and displayed in views on IBM Tivoli Monitoring (ITM).We also use Crystal Reports to produce the reports presented to the customer.

it_user323781 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Software Specialist for Development Tools with 51-200 employees
MSP
The handling of data correlations has helped us speed up our preparation of complex tests with a lot of security features and certificates in enterprise environments. New versions, though, are buggy.

Valuable Features

The way how tests are presented in the tool, and the possibilities to edit tests and follow depending data using Data Correlation feature.

The Load Schedule has very nice preview, and the new Load Generator as the agent makes planing of testing environment capacity much simpler.

With each new version, the tool gets better and better features.

Improvements to My Organization

The handling of data correlations in the tool has helped us, and sped up our preparation of complex tests with a lot of security features, certificates, generally in enterprise environment. The tool supports Z/OS applications which is very important to our customers, as well.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for over 10 years.

Sometimes new versions have bugs.

With each version, it becomes more and more stable.

IBM has very good support in this area, and an accessible knowledge base, so over 90% of issues can be resolved using the web. If you need it, IBM support for the tool is very fast and useful.

It depends on the scope, complexity and expected load. After introducing Load Generator Agent, as I already mentioned, setting up environment and capacity planning became simpler.

Implementation Team

We implemented in-house and for our customers, in our lab for performance testing on demand, and we offer consulting services for the tool throughout the world.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

IBM separately licenses tool and concurrent users (threads), but for this tool, IBM offers the renting of licenses over SaaS programs. Customers can rent licenses for a fixed time (minimum is one month) and use licenses during a projects duration. Licenses over SaaS are much cheaper and the customer gets IBM support.

Other Solutions Considered

We evaluate HP Load Runner and use JMeter. Generating of complex performance test with lot of data correlation was much faster and simpler using Rational Performance Tester. In the case of generating robotic performance testing, we still sometimes use JMeter. For LoadRunner, I would say it is a much more strategic decision when to use the tool.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are an IBM Premier Partner.
it_user323631 - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Consultant - Performance Testing at a construction company with 1,001-5,000 employees
​It provides the option to collect real-time data using ITM monitoring agents, although reporting needs more customization options in the performance test analyst to build custom reports.

Valuable Features

The Resource Monitoring feature has more flexible options for different OS's such as Windows, Unix and Linux.

Improvements to My Organization

It provides the option to collect real-time data using ITM monitoring agents.

Room for Improvement

Reporting needs improvement to provide more customization options in the performance test analyst to build custom reports. Recent versions like 8.6, and 8.7 has better scalability on user load testing.

When compared to competitors, the reporting module in this version was missing user friendly customization on building report variants such asTransaction Percentile Summary etc. Also, I think time cannot be excluded in the report, and no options to create customized report templates exist for reusability. These are two improvement areas which I can think of and I am not sure if they are rectified in the recent release, since I haven’t got much opportunity to use the latest version recently.

Use of Solution

I've used it for over one year.

8/10

8/10

The initial setup was not difficult and proper instruction guides are provided with sufficient step by step instructions.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It's one of the most cost-effective products on the market.

IBM Rational Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
MSP
I can test more than one performance test type, but it would be better if this tool supported database connections directly.

What is most valuable?

• Less coding needed
  • Easy to understand
  • Easy integrating it with existing systems
  • I can test more than one performance test type (load testing, stress testing, scalability testing, etc)

What needs improvement?

Overall, all the features have been improved, especially if you need powerful performance testing tools. But, it would be better if this tool supported database connections directly, instead of importing from .csv file

I've used it for seven months.

8/10.

8/10.

Previously, I used JMeter, because if we are talking about the open version JMeter is nearly perfect in usability and reliability side. But, since the organization changed, I needed the more powerful tools.

It was straightforward.

As a consultant, my client implement this tools.

Now, the price slightly expensive especially if you are in small-medium company, but if you are in a medium-high company, and need the powerful tools with IBM great name, just use it. It would be better if IBM release the 'cheapest' version for the small-medium company.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Premier Business Partner
it_user303027 - PeerSpot reviewer
Performance & Functional Automation Lead at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
It helps us with test creation and execution, but it needs to support more protocols and setup was complex.

Valuable Features

• Test Creation
  • Execution

Improvements to My Organization

Helped in improving response times in a few of our transactions.

Room for Improvement

They need to have support for more protocols & frameworks, as well as making it more user friendly.

Use of Solution

We've been using it for six months.

It's fair.

It's fair.

It was complex.

Implementation Team

It was implemented in-house.

Other Solutions Considered

We chose this product because it was a better price than Loadrunner.

it_user302109 - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Team Leader - Performance Testing Practice at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Its resource utilization is on the high side, but it helped identify performance bottlenecks.

What is most valuable?

Real time view and its inbuilt root cause analysis tools is something which I like the most. This feature is something unique to RPT when compared to other market leading tools like load runner.

How has it helped my organization?

Like any other performance testing tool, this helped us to identify performance bottlenecks in the application prior to the go live. It also helped us to identify and pinpoint the issues in the applications code by using its inbuilt root cause analysis tools.

What needs improvement?

User friendliness can be better, as this is one area where it lacks. More over the connectivity options with other IBM in-house products like Rational Clear Quest, IBM Tivoli and Rational Team Concert can be improved.

We've used it for two years.

Yes, the tool seems to be unstable/unresponsive sometimes. The resource utilization by the tool itself is on the higher side when compared to other tools in the market.

Customer support is above average to excellent.

I have used a variety of the tools that are available.

It was straightforward.

It was done in-house, and I would advise you to have more JVM memory allocated for this product than the default amount.

The pricing is similar to Load Runner but the package for virtual user licencing is different. I would recommend this tool for small businesses with only web applications for performance testing.

This tool was the only option with the customer withwhom I worked with.

Performance Test Lead, Lexus Driver Portal – BRRI Program at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It has improved our visibility of reporting and simplified performance testing for larger projects/programs, but the installation and configuration processes need improvement.

Valuable Features:

• Root cause analysis
  • Provides the response time breakdown at the method level
  • Real time monitoring of CPU
  • Memory
  • Disk utilization

Improvements to My Organization:

It has improved our visibility of reporting and simplifying performance testing for larger projects/programs. Also, it is being used for functional validation as well as for performance regression testing for on going builds/releases.

Room for Improvement:

Installation and configuration processes, and support from IBM all need to be improved.

Use of Solution:

I've used it for six months.

Initial Setup:

Implementation is simple, but exploring the capability of this tools hasn't being marketed as well as LoadRunner/Performance Center 12 has been. More education needs to be provided to users.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I am a partner, as is my customer.