IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

IBM Application Performance Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

IBM Application Performance Management is #36 ranked solution in APM tools. PeerSpot users give IBM Application Performance Management an average rating of 6 out of 10. IBM Application Performance Management is most commonly compared to Dynatrace: IBM Application Performance Management vs Dynatrace. IBM Application Performance Management is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 66% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 33% of all views.

Download the Application Performance Management (APM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is IBM Application Performance Management?
The IBM Application Performance Management portfolio provides visibility, control and automation of your mission-critical applications. It helps pinpoint the root cause of application's issue more quickly and resolve the problem. The integrated capabilities cover the five key areas: discovery, end-use experience, transaction tracking, enterprise diagnostics and analytics. It also easily monitors applications to ensure optimal performance to extend your hybrid management environment capabilities, to measure the customer experience from multiple locations and to further eliminate blind spots in your application environment.

IBM Application Performance Management was previously known as IBM APM.

IBM Application Performance Management Customers
Mibtree, EatDrinkDeals.com, IT Performance Advisor
IBM Application Performance Management Video

Archived IBM Application Performance Management Reviews (more than two years old)

‎ITSM Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Provides valuable breakdown of information, but the agent negatively impacts server performance
  • "The most valuable feature is the breakdown that it provides, such as a description of the fields for a particular transaction."
  • "Technical support can be slow and needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We are a service provider and this is one of the solutions that we implement for our customers. One of our largest customers uses this solution to monitor the performance of their application for Enterprise Content Management. It is deployed on-premises.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the breakdown that it provides, such as a description of the fields for a particular transaction. The user interface is very easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The solution, itself, has a negative impact on the performance of the machine. This may be related to the deployment. The impact of the agent on the performance of the application is something that needs to be improved. Technical support can be slow and needs improvement. The monitoring agent, for Oracle as an example, needs improvement.

We have been using this solution for approximately one year.
Application Performance Management (APM)
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Dynatrace, AppDynamics and others in Application Performance Management (APM). Updated: June 2022.
607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.

For the implementation that I worked on, stability was not the biggest issue. It is working.

We have used technical support, and I have an issue with them. One time I opened a case that they were working on for many weeks, or months.

We implement different solutions for our clients, depending on their preference or requirements. For some customers, we use a Micro Focus product.

The initial setup of this solution is complex.

What other advice do I have?

Depending on the requirements, this may be a solution that I recommend. It is working, but it is not the best one. I would discuss the details of the requirements and environment with the customer before implementing this solution. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Download our free Application Performance Management (APM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, and more!
Updated: June 2022