Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy is #3 ranked solution in top ZTNA tools. PeerSpot users give Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy is most commonly compared to Okta Workforce Identity: Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy vs Okta Workforce Identity. Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 61% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 19% of all views.
Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy Buyer's Guide

Download the Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy?

Google’s mission is to organize the world‘s information and make it universally accessible and useful.

Since our founding in 1998, Google has grown by leaps and bounds. From offering search in a single language we now offer dozens of products and services—including various forms of advertising and web applications for all kinds of tasks—in scores of languages. And starting from two computer science students in a university dorm room, we now have thousands of employees and offices around the world. A lot has changed since the first Google search engine appeared. But some things haven’t changed: our dedication to our users and our belief in the possibilities of the Internet itself.

Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy was previously known as GCP Cloud IAP, Google Cloud Platform Cloud IAP, Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy.

Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy Video

Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy pricing:
  • "Its price is good. For each server, we are saving $300 a month. We have at least thousands of servers. It is a huge cost reduction for us."
  • "I think the price of Google Cloud Platform is reasonable. However, Microsoft is the most cost-effective solution for us because of Azure's integration. And we already have licenses for Windows Server and the databases, so the price is attractive."
  • "The customer purchases an annually sponsored license."
  • Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy Reviews

Maged Elgamal - PeerSpot reviewer
    Sr. TechOps Engineer at a tech vendor with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Provides an identity portal for our applications and is a reliable solution
    • "If you have a good understanding of infrastructure, this solution is perfect."
    • "The integration of the solution for patching, updating, and installing the updates could be better."

What is our primary use case?

For Google Cloud Platform (GCP), we use it as our infrastructure. We host our infrastructures and create our machines, services and automation pipelines. For Google Cloud Identity, we use it as an identity portal for all of our applications. In addition, the internal application for the tools is used for monitoring the product.

What is most valuable?

The Cloud Identity in GCP is very good and reliable. It can be published fast. Also, Google Cloud Identity allows you to create groups and give access by group instead of by user. It allows you to create different access policies for every component of new infrastructure, and from a security perspective, this is good.

What needs improvement?

The Google Cloud UI has a lot of bugs, and they are working on enhancing it. There are a lot of things that need to be enhanced. For example, sometimes, the snapshot portal makes you have a schedule to create multiple snapshots when you have a huge infrastructure hosted on Google Cloud. Sometimes the browser or the UI hangs when looking for a specific snapshot. Also, Google Cloud support responds very quickly, but the UI still needs to have more enhancements related to the performance.

The integration of the solution for patching, updating, and installing the updates could be better. For example, they have a solution called "always patching," which needs to be enhanced. It is not purely a SaaS solution. It should be mostly platform as a solution, not software.

We have been using this solution for more than two years.

August 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Citrix Secure Workspace Access vs. Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy and other solutions. Updated: August 2022.
    635,513 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is a stable solution. However, it would be more stable if Google cared more about the UI.

It is a scalable solution. Most of the teams in our company use this solution. The number of people needed for deployment and maintenance depends on whether it is a small or medium company solution. Only one person is needed for a small environment, while two or three are required for a medium environment. The team that supports the solution comprises network and security people. We plan to increase our usage of the solution as our customer base increases.

The technical support is good, and they are very responsive. I rate the technical support an eight out of ten.

I personally have used Azure and AWS in the past.

The initial setup was easy, and it was just plug-and-play. If you have a good understanding of infrastructure, this solution is perfect. It allows us to build an entire infrastructure for a startup or medium company in one hour. To do this, we need to try the script with the machines we need. Next, we need to define the CPU, memory and application we want to install on the machine. Then we can click and run the playbook or the tier forms script and go back after hours. By then, everything has been created, and we'll have an infrastructure that can handle a small startup.

The deployment depends on the complexity. If it is a small deployment, it might take less time, but a larger deployment will take more. For example, if we want to use a machine on GCP, it might take about two to three minutes, but if we have a huge deployment for multiple machines with multiple loop balances, records, and firewall rules, it might take 40 minutes to one hour. We completed the deployment in-house.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution an eight out of ten. Regarding advice, I would recommend planning for everything and keeping it simple. It is also important to monitor consumption on the Google Cloud to ensure you are not paying for something you are not using.

Most cloud providers have the same features, but the main difference between them is the solution's availability and cost. Most of the features are only utilized at 30% or 50%.

Information Security Manager at a financial services firm with 1-10 employees
    Reliable with good documentation and and an easy deployment
    • "It's reliable."
    • "The solution is quite expensive."

What is our primary use case?

This is a service. We use it for our business, for operations.

What is most valuable?

This can be deployed easily.

The solution is stable. It's reliable.

There is good documentation available. There is a lot of information available online to help new users.

What needs improvement?

It is hard to find expertise, ad most people deal with AWS.

The solution is quite expensive.

We'd like the solution to continue to make security features more robust. We need to protect against data leaks and also need to protect customer information.

We've been using the solution for less than a year now. We're a new company.

This is a stable, reliable product. It does not have bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

We're a new company. This solution hasn't been used for too long, and we haven't really launched anything yet. Right now, it is still just internally dealt with. Likely less than 100 people deal with it right now.

The support could be better. There needs to be more knowledgeable. It could be that there aren't enough people with a good knowledge base in our country. Most people are comfortable with AWS, and not necessarily with GCP. However, I don't typically deal with technical support.

We also use AWS, which is what most companies use.

The solution is very easy to set up and deploy. It's not a complex process. We can easily deploy applications, APIs, et cetera. However, I did not handle the initial setup myself and therefore cannot speak from firsthand experience.

We do find it to be more expensive than AWS.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure what version of the solution we're using.

I'd recommend the solution to others. There's not a problem with deploying it. The business decision comes more about the deployment and support costs and if that makes sense to everyone in the company. It's higher than AWS, which is something that needs to be considered, especially since most people are more familiar with AWS.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. It's well documented and does have available support.

We are a customer and end-user.

Google
    Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy vs. Perimeter 81
    August 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy vs. Perimeter 81 and other solutions. Updated: August 2022.
    635,513 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Head of Practice at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    Flexible, scalable, and easy to use
    • "The solution is very easy to use. It's easy to navigate and to work with."
    • "The solution could be more reasonably priced. We find it to be a bit expensive right now."

What is our primary use case?

I've been using Google virtual machines, Google FUSE. It has many, many products across the entire cloud platform. GCP can be used for data storage and for virtual machine creation.

What is most valuable?

It has some stack of products in it that I have found quite useful.

The solution is very easy to use. It's easy to navigate and to work with.

It's quite a flexible product.

We've found the solution to be scalable.

What needs improvement?

The product is great. I can't think of a way it can be improved. There aren't any missing features. It's quite complete.

I've been using the solution for about a year or so. It hasn't been very long just yet.

The scalability of the solution is very good. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so with relative ease. It's not hard at all.

I'm not sure how many users in total are on it in our organization. It might be between ten to 20 people or so. There aren't too many people on it currently.

I plan to continue to use it going forward. I can't speak to the company's plans for if it, and that includes increasing usage or not.

I've never had the chance to reach out to technical support, and therefore can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are. I cannot evaluate them having had no direct interactions with them.

There isn't really an installation process for this solution. It's on the cloud. You don't need to implement anything. It's all just ready to go.

The solution could be cheaper. Right now, it's a bit expensive.

We've looked at the Oracle Cloud Platform and Amazon AWS and both services are good.

What other advice do I have?

We're always using the latest version of the solution. It's always the latest as we are on the cloud deployment model and it auto-updates.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. Its capabilities have been very good overall and we've been very happy with it.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and organizations. It's worked well for us.

Staff Technical Program Manager at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
    It is totally awesome in terms of scalability and comes with a lot of features
    • "It is totally awesome in terms of scalability. Its scalability was the main reason for moving to Google Cloud. It also comes with a lot of features. We are satisfied with the features it has."
    • "We have some challenges related to purging the data. We get a lot of data on a daily basis that has to be refreshed on the site, but we are seeing some challenges with that. They can also include some third-party integration. We have one Akamai dependency. If they can come up with some API to talk to Akamai, it would be good."

What is our primary use case?

I work in a retail company. We have a physical data center where we use IBM servers. We want to get rid of them because every time we have a peak season, we have to add the infrastructure and then remove it when it is not the peak time. This process of adding the servers, taking notes, and bringing them down requires a lot of operational effort. There is a lot of manual intervention for adding the resources and configuring the servers, which is a lot of work for the company. That's why we are migrating all our applications.

Google Cloud will help us in getting the additional assistance just by clicking a button. We basically want to automate instead of doing manual interventions. It is an organizational initiative to move to Google Cloud. At least five to ten teams are involved based on each application and around a hundred people are involved.

What is most valuable?

It is totally awesome in terms of scalability. Its scalability was the main reason for moving to Google Cloud. It also comes with a lot of features. We are satisfied with the features it has.

What needs improvement?

We have some challenges related to purging the data. We get a lot of data on a daily basis that has to be refreshed on the site, but we are seeing some challenges with that.

They can also include some third-party integration. We have one Akamai dependency. If they can come up with some API to talk to Akamai, it would be good.

I have been using this solution for one a half years.

It is very stable.

Its scalability is really good.

Their technical support is good.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We get support from Google. There are some Google engineers who visit us on-site, and based on our problem statement, they are able to suggest different approaches and solutions.

Its price is good. For each server, we are saving $300 a month. We have at least thousands of servers. It is a huge cost reduction for us.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud
    Support Personale at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Reseller
    Provides more control of assets but needs to improve technical support
    • "Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy provides more control of our assets because normally when you're using Google Cloud, you have to use your Google email. IAP can control the assets that only come from the dedicated company or IP address."
    • "The support can be more efficient. Google has different layers of support, like layer one, layer two, and layer three, but normally, the response from layer one is not very useful."

What is most valuable?

Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy provides more control of our assets because normally when you're using Google Cloud, you have to use your Google email. IAP can control the assets that only come from the dedicated company or IP address.

It's a scalable solution that is easy to install as well.

What needs improvement?

The support can be more efficient. Google has different layers of support, like layer one, layer two, and layer three, but normally, the response from layer one is not very useful.

Google is not very capable when it comes to patching vulnerabilities. It would be nice if they could improve this security issue or CVE.

The stability needs to be improved for some services.

I've been using it for around five months because I just joined this company.

If you are talking about virtual machines, our customers would say that this solution is not so stable because sometimes Google Cloud has host errors. We haven't been able to get a good explanation from Google regarding this.

If you're using Kubernetes, it's quite stable, but if you are using VM, the system will typically reboot at least once every three months.

It's quite scalable.

If I ranked technical support from one to five, with five being the highest score, I would rank it at around three.

Technical support could be more efficient. Google has different layers of support, like layer one, layer two, and layer three, and the response from layer one is not very useful.

The installation should be easy.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product because with Google Cloud Platform, you can do a lot of applications that you cannot do with AWS. AWS is more useful for developers because it has moved from general usage.

I would rate Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy at six on a scale from one to ten because it still needs some improvements.

WESLEI CARNEIRO - PeerSpot reviewer
    Architecture and Solutions Specialist at a marketing services firm with 10,001+ employees
    It's flexible and the price is reasonable
    • "The most valuable features of Google Cloud Platform are the Kubernetes engine, CI/CD, and BigQuery."
    • "The hard part is creating the pack because our applications are in Azure Data Proxy, Data Fabric, and Data Factory. Our team used these tools in Azure, but in the future, they will transition to GCP."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Google Cloud Platform are the Kubernetes engine, CI/CD, and BigQuery.

What needs improvement?

Apigee is a good feature because we analyzed and changed the computer-associated AP to Apigee. We compared the features and created the clusters to change the solution to Apigee. It's a good option on the Google Cloud Platform. And I like BigQuery, which is a fantastic database on the SaaS model. The hard part is creating the pack because our applications are in Azure Data Proxy, Data Fabric, and Data Factory. Our team used these tools in Azure, but in the future, they will transition to GCP.

I've been using Google Cloud Platform for one year.

Google support is outstanding. It's effortless to contact Google engineers, who are all Brazilians. The work is well explained, and they participate in our technical meetings.

I think the price of Google Cloud Platform is reasonable. However, Microsoft is the most cost-effective solution for us because of Azure's integration. And we already have licenses for Windows Server and the databases, so the price is attractive. And the price of AWS is higher, but we have only two big applications on the AWS. Still, I like Google so much, and my company thinks GCP is the best way to handle our workloads.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Google Cloud Platform nine out of 10. I like the GCP so much because it's flexible. We have tools for similar tech drivers, and we can connect them in the other clouds, where I use the Anthos platform. I created an Anthos platform for similar tech drivers to administer all of the different cloud solutions on the same platform. So, for example, I can put the comments on Cloud Shell and create a resource in the other clouds.

Hybrid Cloud

Google
    Balaji T - PeerSpot reviewer
    Manager Project Management at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
    Stable and scalable

What needs improvement?

The solution should have better integration.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

The technical support is up to par.

As with AWS, the solution is easy to install.

50 or 60 days are needed for the deployment.

Around three or four people are needed for the deployment and maintenance.

The customer purchases an annually sponsored license.

What other advice do I have?

We have a maximum of around 20 customers making use of the solution.

We support Azure, AWS and Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy, depending on the customer's architecture.

For the most part, I would not recommend the solution to others, as our expertise is more with AWS and Azure.

I rate Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy as an eight out of ten.