Google Cloud AI Platform OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Google Cloud AI Platform is the #6 ranked solution in top AI Development Platforms. PeerSpot users give Google Cloud AI Platform an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Google Cloud AI Platform is most commonly compared to Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio: Google Cloud AI Platform vs Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio. Google Cloud AI Platform is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 65% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a university, accounting for 12% of all views.

Download the AI Development Platforms Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Google Cloud AI Platform?

Google AI Platform is a managed service that enables you to easily build machine learning models, that work on any type of data, of any size. Create your model with the powerful TensorFlow framework that powers many Google products, from Google Photos to Google Cloud Speech.

Google Cloud AI Platform Customers
Carousell

Google Cloud AI Platform Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Google Cloud AI Platform pricing:
  • "For every thousand uses, it is about four and a half euros."
  • "The price of the solution is competitive."
  • Google Cloud AI Platform Reviews

VijayVelpula - PeerSpot reviewer
    Data Scientist at NeuStar
    Enables us to expose our API services to clients so they can send us their information
    • "On GCP, we are exposing our API services to our clients so that they send us their information. It can be single individual records or it can be a batch of their clients."
    • "At first, there were only the user-managed rules to identify the best attributes of the individual. Then, we came up with a truth set and developed different machine learning models with the help of that truth set, so now it's completely machine learning."

What is our primary use case?

We are working on PIA data, which is in encrypted format. We get a set of records for each individual. This record size could be 10 to 50 for each individual. We need to identify the best email and phone number out of these set of records. We are developing a sense data model for that and along with the PIA attributes for each individual, we also take help from different sources – like AT&T and T-Mobile – that are going to provide telecom services. We take data from these providers for validation purposes.

We don't consume their data, but we use their data for validation. We bounce our data into their records and they say, "This this is correct," or "This is not correct."

On GCP, we are exposing our API services to our clients so that they send us their information. It can be single individual records or it can be a batch of their clients.

The clients, in a sense, want to validate their data if there could be chances that it's stale in nature. They want to make sure that their records of individuals are up-to-date.

We are using the latest version on the public cloud and deploying it on GCP.

What is most valuable?

We are trying our best to improve our existing models and privacy and to keep on updating it, and also we are trying to use reinforcement learning and separate APIs so that if a user wants to update their data, they can do so.

What needs improvement?

At first, there were only the user-managed rules to identify the best attributes of the individual. Then, we came up with a truth set and developed different machine learning models with the help of that truth set, so now it's completely machine learning.

I have been using this solution for a year.

AI Development Platforms
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Google, Microsoft, IBM and others in AI Development Platforms. Updated: November 2022.
    654,218 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We tried multiple solutions before we finalized our machine learning model.

We have another team that takes care of data cleansing and deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 9 out of 10.

Google
    Director at Go knowledge
    Is extremely stable, with a 90% read accuracy, and a 10% error rate
    • "The solution is able to read 90% of the documents correctly with a 10% error rate."
    • "The solution can be improved by simplifying the process to make your own models."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for this solution is to read handwritten lists and input them into Excel files. I also use the solution to read scannable material to determine if it is still usable.

What is most valuable?

I find the handwritten feature that recognizes handwriting text to be the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The solution can be improved by simplifying the process to make your own models. Currently, I am using lower-end cameras and they can not recognize every object. The solution can take a page out of Microsoft's AI within Office 365 to make it more user-friendly. Allowing the solution to directly recognize lists so they don't have to be written out would make it more useful.

I have been using the solution for six months.

The solution is extremely stable.

I believe the solution is as scalable as Microsoft and Amazon.

The initial setup was straightforward.

The implementation was done in-house using the documentation included in the solution. It took about four hours to start using the solution.

The cost for the solution is based on the number of uses. For every thousand uses, it is about four and a half euros. For 21,000 lists that require processing, it will cost about one hundred euros.

I evaluated Microsoft's AI for Office 365, and Amazon Textract.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution seven out of ten.

I found that Microsoft's AI was able to read 70% of the documents correctly with 30% incorrect. The solution is able to read 90% of the documents correctly with a 10% error rate. This cuts the human intervention time by more than half compared to Mircosoft's solution.

The solution does not require much maintenance, only about two days a month.

I would recommend anyone looking to use this solution first review the pricing rates peruse. There are a lot of free solutions on the market, but this one is very useful.

Google
    AI Development Platforms
    November 2022
    654,218 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Architect of solutions at ASIC SA
    Many services, priced well, and has enhanced AI architecture

What is our primary use case?

In the past, I have deployed the solution for government clients wanting cloud applications and databases services.

What is most valuable?

Some of the valuable features are the vast amount of services that are available, such as load balancer, and the AI architecture.

I have been using the solution for three years.

The initial setup was straightforward for me but could be difficult for others.

The price of the solution is competitive.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Google Cloud AI Platform an eight out of ten.