IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Fugue OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Fugue is #12 ranked solution in top Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) tools and #21 ranked solution in top Cloud Management tools. PeerSpot users give Fugue an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Fugue is most commonly compared to Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks: Fugue vs Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks. Fugue is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 71% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 35% of all views.

Download the Cloud Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Fugue?

Fugue is an infrastructure-level cloud operating system. It builds, operates, and terminates cloud infrastructure and services and automates the continuous enforcement of declared infrastructure configurations. Fugue completes the DevOps workflow by automating cloud lifecycle management via enforced and versionable infrastructure as code. Fugue is a single source of truth and trust for the cloud.

Fugue was previously known as Luminal.

Fugue Customers

SAP, PBS, TrueCar, TravelBank

Fugue Video

Fugue Reviews

BorisVishnevsky - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr.Dir/Managing Principal Technology Consulting at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Easy to set up with good flexibility in customization and good reporting
  • "From a compliance and visibility reporting perspective, the fact that it can be applicable for multi-cloud environments is very helpful."
  • "The general input I have is that there is an opportunity for them to better align with other similar tools and better align with similar capabilities that cloud suppliers deliver natively."

What is our primary use case?

At a high level, Fugue extends and augments compliant reporting capabilities provided by major cloud suppliers. It enhances the visibility, again, from a compliance standpoint, into cloud-based or multi-cloud-based environments.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers good flexibility in customization. From a compliance and visibility reporting perspective, the fact that it can be applicable for multi-cloud environments is very helpful. It's not a single cloud supplier. It's most of them. The fact that it provides visibility, compliance-related visibility, that is not readily available by cloud suppliers themselves, is its most valuable aspect. It's the additional set of compliance reporting and compliance visibility features that Fugue provides that is what makes it so very useful.

The initial setup is simple and straightforward.

What needs improvement?

I can't comment if there are missing features at this time. For the last six to eight months I didn't work with Fugue. I don't have an up-to-date product roadmap to comment on what is or is not available, what they do or do not provide. I would need to review their current roadmap to be able to accurately comment on what is or is not available.

Fugue capabilities are not well understood on the market. If there was one thing they could improve, it would be to basically explain in simple terms to market what it is they do. Right now, understanding what they do requires substantial experience and expertise. It wasn't a challenge for me to identify this area, however, I'm the exception. Generally speaking, there is not sufficient understanding in the broad market of what Fugue does. This is the area they need to focus on.

The general input I have is that there is an opportunity for them to better align with other similar tools and better align with similar capabilities that cloud suppliers deliver natively. What happens is they extend and augment capabilities that cloud suppliers offer. There is additional integrational and operational benefits that can be realized in how they extend and how they position themselves as compared to what cloud suppliers deliver.

I've used the solution for some time. It's likely been more than a year. There were a couple of specific projects which were two months long in terms of duration. I'd work with it on and off for those.

Cloud Management
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Snyk, Micro Focus, CloudCheckr and others in Cloud Management. Updated: July 2022.
622,063 professionals have used our research since 2012.

There was no issue with scaling at the time I was deploying it. I did not have a chance to work with it at a really industrial scale, such as an enterprise scale. It was a fairly limited deployment, a fairly limited project. I did not see any issues with the scalability of the architecture or the environment itself.

I worked with their professional services organization. I did not have a chance to go to support, so I cannot comment on the efficiency or effectiveness of the support organization. I didn't interact with them.

The setup was actually fairly simple and they can start delivering value in a very short time. That said, t business value is a subjective thing. The business value itself is something that they need to explain. It's not self-evident.

There were no issues related to the setup. It's a cloud-native solution. It's available nearly instantaneously. Being able to interpret the results and being able to consume the value that they provide and understand the value that they provide, however, needs to be better explained to the market.

The Fugue solution can be handled by a relatively small team - so long as they understand it.

In general, for maintenance, the team is relatively small, however, the level of understanding that the team needs to possess, to have, in order to effectively use it, is quite high.

I don't have direct visibility and the pricing, from what I understand, is negotiable. It's not an effective area for me to comment on.

Considering that they deliver a unique set of capabilities, the money that they charge is likely worth it. That said, one needs to understand the value to fully appreciate it.

What other advice do I have?

We are consultants. We don't have any alliance or partnership relationship. It's similar to the relationship with other technology suppliers that we have in the same space.

I'd advise others to definitely try it out.

I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

BorisVishnevsky - PeerSpot reviewer
Easy to use and consume, stable with excellent customization
  • "The customization is excellent."
  • "It would be ideal if there was customization with a focus on specific cybersecurity areas or capabilities."

What is our primary use case?

We use Fugue to gain better visibility. It enhances the ability of Kubernetes operational management within the Azure platform. We use it to extend, monitor, and operationally manage the capabilities of Kubernetes' workloads.

How has it helped my organization?

Gain visibility and fine-grained monitoring capabilities for complex Kubernetes environment

What is most valuable?

Fugue provides core capabilities that enable visualization, discovery, and compliance automation.

These Fugue capabilities are delivered as software as service and were easy to consume.

Combined with Slalom’s advisory, solution integration, and cybersecurity services, Fugue was straightforward to implement and deploy.

What needs improvement?

It would be ideal if there was customization with a focus on specific cybersecurity areas or capabilities. Fugue is cybersecurity, an operational monitoring solution, which has a broad set of capabilities. However, one needs to have substantial know-how in the cybersecurity domain to be able to identify and zero in on specific Fugue capabilities that may be relevant to a particular project or workstream pursuit.

Being a system integrator, for us, it isn't an issue. For a client that is new to Fugue or relatively new to cybersecurity, it would be quite challenging to zero in on a specific sweet spot or capability.

I've been using the solution for about eight months to a year at this point. We have multiple teams in our organization that use the solution for various periods of time.

We've been impressed with the stability fo the solution. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's not glitchy. It's reliable.

The scalability is excellent and hasn't let us down. If a company needs to expand the solution, they can do so with relative ease.

Currently, in our organization, about 100 people actively use it.

The solution's technical support is quite good. We have a model of Alliance partnerships. We have well defined and well-orchestrated working relationship with Fugue, being a system integrator and partner. It works well.

we use Fugue and Alcide to extend and augment existing 'native features' of azure

The solution's initial setup wasn't complex at all. It was pretty straightforward.

We're an integrator and reseller. We handle implementations for clients.

I'm unsure of the costs associated with the solution.

We used Fugue in combination with Alcide.io

What other advice do I have?

We're a Fugue partner.

In terms of which version we are using, I would have to say that it was the latest one that we worked with. The exact number version escapes me. I would have to go back and check.

The solution was specifically deployed to assist with cloud management of Azure in a specific case, however, we are using it across all of the cloud supply platforms including Google Cloud and AWS.

I would absolutely recommend this solution to others.

Overall, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. It works well, however, a user needs to be fairly knowledgable in cybersecurity in order to get the most use out of it.

Microsoft Azure
Download our free Cloud Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Snyk, Micro Focus, CloudCheckr, and more!
Updated: July 2022