Fortinet FortiSwitch - Secure Access is #8 ranked solution in top Ethernet Switches
. PeerSpot users give Fortinet FortiSwitch - Secure Access an average rating of 8.4 out of 10.
Fortinet FortiSwitch - Secure Access is most commonly compared to Cisco Ethernet Switches: Fortinet FortiSwitch - Secure Access vs Cisco Ethernet Switches
. Fortinet FortiSwitch - Secure Access is popular among the large enterprise segment,
accounting for 46% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a
comms service provider, accounting for 27% of all views.
Download the Ethernet Switches Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022
What is Fortinet FortiSwitch - Secure Access?
Fortinet FortiSwitch Secure Access is a secure, high-performance, and easy-to-manage switch. Fortinet FortiSwitch is the best solution for threat-conscious enterprises of all sizes because it is secure, simple, and scalable. Secure Access, which is tightly integrated into the Fortinet Security Fabric via FortiLink, may be handled directly from the FortiGate interface.
Regardless of how people and devices connect to the network, this single-pane-of-glass administration provides total visibility and control. This makes the Fortinet FortiSwitch perfect for SD-Branch and campus deployments, allowing enterprises to combine their security and network access with applications ranging from desktop to data center aggregation. Fortinet FortiSwitch's Secure Access is the most adaptable security platform with end-to-end protection in the industry.
Switches for Secure Access: Small to medium-sized businesses, scattered organizations, branch offices, and industrial control systems can all benefit.
Switches for Data Centers: Ideal for users requiring high-performance 10 GE or 40 GE.
Fortinet FortiSwitch Secure Access Features
Fortinet FortiSwitch has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:
- Fortinet FortiSwitch Secure Access is designed for various installations, including desktops and wiring closets.
Deploy and manage switches using the FortiGate interface, with FortiGate Cloud as a cloud administration option, or manage as a standalone switch using CLI, API, GUI, or the cloud with FortiSwitch Cloud.
- Switch configuration, management, and troubleshooting are all simplified with a single-pane-of-glass dashboard.
- Fortinet FortiSwitch Secure Access is ideal for SD-Branch deployments.
- Secure Access uses FortiGate interfaces to connect with FortiLink. This provides centralized security and access control.
Integration of the Security Fabric: Fortinet FortiSwitch's FortiGate management brings Security Fabric features to the Ethernet access layer.
Voice, data, and wireless traffic can all be carried over a single network, making it ideal for converged network environments.
Non-FortiLink deployments can be supported via the onboard GUI, API, or command line settings.
- Up to 48 ports in a compact and 1 RU form factor.
- Depending on the model, up to 300 switches can be stacked per FortiGate.
- Supports wire-speed switching, as well as store and forward mode.
Fortinet FortiSwitch Secure Access Benefits
There are many benefits to implementing Fortinet FortiSwitch. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:
- You can easily manage all deployments in one interface if your company scales and opens a new office or location.
- You can ensure that users are authenticated before giving network access.
- Power over Ethernet makes it simple to set up wireless access points and IP phones.
- With network segmentation, you can help satisfy data separation compliance.
Reviews from Real Users
Fortinet FortiSwitch stands out among its competitors for a number of reasons. Two major ones are its stability and its VLAN setup. PeerSpot users take note of the advantages of these features in their reviews:
Rutul S., CXO at Aariha Enterprise Private Limited, writes of the product, “The most valuable feature is the SD-WAN support. This device is easy to use.” He adds, “Stability-wise, this product is better than others that are on the market.”
Emil V., System Consultant at I team, notes, “I like the VLAN setup of Fortinet FortiSwitch - Secure Access. Fortinet FortiSwitch - Secure Access has very good scalability.” He adds, “Fortinet FortiSwitch - Secure Access is easy to set up. It only takes minutes to deploy this product, because it is mostly boxes.”
Fortinet FortiSwitch - Secure Access Customers
Black Gold Regional Schools, Amadeus Hospitality, Jefferson County, Chunghwa Telecom, City of Boroondara, Dimension Data
Fortinet FortiSwitch - Secure Access Video