Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

ESET Endpoint Antivirus OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ESET Endpoint Antivirus is #7 ranked solution in top Anti-Malware Tools. PeerSpot users give ESET Endpoint Antivirus an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. ESET Endpoint Antivirus is most commonly compared to ESET Protect: ESET Endpoint Antivirus vs ESET Protect. ESET Endpoint Antivirus is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 40% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 22% of all views.

Download the Anti-Malware Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is ESET Endpoint Antivirus?

ESET Endpoint Antivirus is an on-premise antivirus solution that provides businesses protection against malware and a remote management tool.
ESET Endpoint Antivirus also features device control, which scans USB sticks, CDs, DVDs and other removable media for hidden threats. Administrators can configure the system to block unauthorized media from accessing the network, thus protecting against data loss.

ESET Endpoint Antivirus Video

ESET Endpoint Antivirus Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ESET Endpoint Antivirus pricing:
  • "It probably is less expensive than Sophos."
  • "You need to pay for the ESET Endpoint Antivirus license monthly or yearly, whichever you choose."
  • "This is not an expensive product."
  • "The price of ESET Endpoint Antivirus is fair compared to the performance of other solutions."
  • "There is a license needed to use this solution and there is an annual subscription. The price is inexpensive."
  • "The price of ESET Endpoint Antivirus could be lower. From a customer's perspective, it is expensive."
  • ESET Endpoint Antivirus Reviews

TAYIM Henri - PeerSpot reviewer
    System Administrator at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
    Beneficial malware defense, useful notifications, but mobile coverage could improve
    • "There are some great features in ESET Endpoint Antivirus when you are browsing on the internet. For example, they have a notification if within your LAN network something is suspected to be a threat. Additionally, the malware features are very good."
    • "ESET Endpoint Antivirus could improve the mobile device experience by having more coverage."

What is our primary use case?

When I was still in Cameroon, I was working for an insurance company called Activa and then we were looking for something different than our current security solution Symantec. We were looking around for a solution and someone contacted us who was proposing ESET Endpoint Antivirus. They gave us a trial version for three months, and during the three months, we put in place a type of proof of concept with some servers, virtual machines, and desktops.

After that three-month trial period was extended, but unfortunately, the company was not convinced by the product, and the managers decided to use another solution called SentinelOne.

What is most valuable?

There are some great features in ESET Endpoint Antivirus when you are browsing on the internet. For example, they have a notification if within your LAN network something is suspected to be a threat. Additionally, the malware features are very good.

When you are using your bank account and your bank card, to do some transaction you will be informed that you are then running under some risk, and then they will then suggest you open a secure page and then use that card inside that secure page. There are some other good website features, such as parental controls. You can prevent your kids from going from one site to another.

When we did the proof of concept on our company we realized that the performance of that server was improved. Users were having access to that server faster than while using the previous security solution. The workload on that server was not enough maybe, but it was a great difference which using ESET Endpoint Antivirus.

What needs improvement?

I have used ESET Endpoint Antivirus within the late 12 months.

Anti-Malware Tools
    September 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about ESET, Microsoft, WatchGuard and others in Anti-Malware Tools. Updated: September 2022.
    632,611 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The support we received was very good during our trial experience. We were contacted regularly about our experience. We were asked if we faced any difficulties and the agent was nice. We were satisfied with the support.

We have used Symantec, SentinelOne, Trend Micro Apex One, and Trend Micro Office Scan.

The feature I saw on Symantec was not available on the version we were using in our proof of concept of ESET Endpoint Antivirus. However, I would have liked to have tested the EDR solution from ESET.

ESET Endpoint Antivirus is not difficult to implement.

What other advice do I have?

If I can separate the home product from corporate products. The home product is better than the corporate solution. The ESET Endpoint Antivirus home solution has a bit of an advantage.

I rate ESET Endpoint Antivirus a seven out of ten.

Lawrence Knowlton - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT Specialist at a government with 51-200 employees
    Works fine, pretty stable, and easy to deploy
    • "It has been working fine. It lets you know when it finds things. We didn't have any incident where the place had to shut down or was taken over by anything. We haven't had any issues that we know of."
    • "It seems to have some issues with updates. When you do updates, it sometimes requests for a reboot, and even when you do the reboot, it still says that you need to reboot. Currently, on my computer, it says that a new ESET Endpoint Antivirus has been installed, and I need to restart the computer for the changes to take effect, but I've already done that, and the same message is still there, which is a little annoying. It should have a feature similar to the Intercept X feature in Sophos."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it to protect our endpoints and servers.

What is most valuable?

It has been working fine. It lets you know when it finds things. We didn't have any incident where the place had to shut down or was taken over by anything. We haven't had any issues that we know of.

What needs improvement?

It seems to have some issues with updates. When you do updates, it sometimes requests for a reboot, and even when you do the reboot, it still says that you need to reboot. Currently, on my computer, it says that a new ESET Endpoint Antivirus has been installed, and I need to restart the computer for the changes to take effect, but I've already done that, and the same message is still there, which is a little annoying.

It should have a feature similar to the Intercept X feature in Sophos.

I have been using this solution for a little over a year.

Overall, it seems pretty stable.

As far as I know, it is scalable. Currently, we have 30 users in our company. We don't have any plans to increase its usage. We're pretty static here.

I haven't had to deal with their tech support. We would go through the MSP, and the MSP generally interfaces with them.

We were using Sophos. Our MSP had a bad experience with it, so we decided to go with ESET Endpoint Antivirus. We get it through our MSP, and it was a part of the package, and that's why we dropped Sophos.

Sophos had Intercept X on the server-side to protect the files on the server, but we had to pay extra for it to be on the endpoints. We at least had the server version, which was kind of cool.

It was straightforward. Our MSP has a script, and when you run the script, it kind of gets installed automatically. It also gets configured with their systems. It was pretty easy.

Our MSP is Tech Kollective, and they're very responsive.

It probably is less expensive than Sophos.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate ESET Endpoint Antivirus an eight out of ten.

Anti-Malware Tools
    September 2022
    632,611 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    SAMUELMWANGI - PeerSpot reviewer
    Director at Calidad Systems Limited
    Prevents Trojans, worms, and malware; light, easy to install and integrate, but security could still be improved
    • "Installing and integrating ESET Endpoint Antivirus was easy. It prevents worms, malware, and Trojans."
    • "Online security could still be improved in ESET Endpoint Antivirus because security is threatened by phishing."

What is our primary use case?

We used ESET Endpoint Antivirus for the workstations to prevent Trojans, worms, and malware.

What is most valuable?

I liked that ESET Endpoint Antivirus was light, easy to install, and easy to integrate.

What needs improvement?

Online security could still be improved in ESET Endpoint Antivirus because security is threatened by phishing.

We used ESET Endpoint Antivirus for three years, but then we moved to a different solution. We used it in the previous year before we moved to Microsoft Defender.

ESET Endpoint Antivirus was easy to scale.

We didn't contact the ESET Endpoint Antivirus support team.

We didn't use a different solution previously, because we started with ESET Endpoint Antivirus.

The initial setup for ESET Endpoint Antivirus was straightforward. We installed it on many workstations.

We deployed ESET Endpoint Antivirus with our in-house team.

You need to pay for the ESET Endpoint Antivirus license monthly or yearly, whichever you choose.

What other advice do I have?

We used the latest version of ESET Endpoint Antivirus.

We had one engineer who was responsible for the maintenance of the solution. We had fifteen users of the solution before we shifted to ESET Endpoint Protection Advanced.

I would recommend ESET Endpoint Antivirus to others, but currently, we're using Microsoft Defender.

I'm giving ESET Endpoint Antivirus a rating of seven.

Senior Software Architect at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
    Stable and cost-effective, but it is resource-heavy and the interface is horrible
    • "It hasn't crashed a single time, so it is stable in that sense."
    • "I think that ESET is a little too heavy on the CPU."

What is our primary use case?

This product is installed by my company's technical team as an antivirus solution.

What needs improvement?

The user interface is horrible.

I think that ESET is a little too heavy on the CPU. I have used other products where this is not necessarily the case. It is not the quickest antivirus product.

I have been using ESET for about seven months.

It hasn't crashed a single time, so it is stable in that sense. My understanding is that the decision to implement ESET was recent and we will continue to use it in the future.

The whole company is protected by ESET and we have about 120 employees.

When we have troubles then we contact our internal IT team.

I personally use the antivirus product that comes with Microsoft Windows.

My IT department pre-installed ESET before I was given the laptop to use.

This is not an expensive product.

What other advice do I have?

Personally, I would just use the Microsoft antivirus that comes with Windows. If you have a special laptop or a special set of use cases then you might install a second antivirus such as this, but for myself, I would not.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Kenneth-Lo - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Product Manager at Version 2 Limited
    Light on resources, highly stable, and good support
    • "The most valuable features of ESET Endpoint Antivirus are that it is lightweight, it will not take up too much CPU and memory of the server or workstation. The detection is good and easy to use."
    • "ESET Endpoint Antivirus can improve by having better EDR intelligence and automation. The EDR still needs lots of human interpretation. It can be better if add more intelligence to the EDR part of the endpoint protection."

What is our primary use case?

We are using ESET Endpoint Antivirus for the protection of our workstations and servers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of ESET Endpoint Antivirus are that it is lightweight,  it will not take up too much CPU and memory of the server or workstation. The detection is good and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I have been using ESET Endpoint Antivirus for over 10 years.

ESET Endpoint Antivirus is highly stable.

The scalability of the ESET Endpoint Antivirus is good.

I have found the support to be good.

The price of ESET Endpoint Antivirus is fair compared to the performance of other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others wanting to implement this solution is to use a cloud version. It's pretty mature and very stable and easy to use. Hosting their own on-prem server is not a great idea anymore. I recommend others choose cloud consoles.

I rate ESET Endpoint Antivirus a nine out of ten.

If they added some more sophisticated application control. If they added this feature it would bring them closer to a 10.

Executive Director at a logistics company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Secure, light on system resources, and simple installation
    • "I have found ESET Endpoint Antivirus is light on system resources compared with other antivirus solutions that tend to be very heavy on the computers system resources. Additionally, the solution is very secure."
    • "The solution could have a more user-friendly interface."

What is our primary use case?

I use ESET Endpoint Antivirus for protection against threats.

I'm using ESET Endpoint Antivirus on my own laptop, and whenever I buy a new computer, then, I download the software from the internet on ESET's website.

What is most valuable?

I have found ESET Endpoint Antivirus is light on system resources compared with other antivirus solutions that tend to be very heavy on the computers system resources. Additionally, the solution is very secure.

What needs improvement?

The solution could have a more user-friendly interface.

I have been using ESET Endpoint Antivirus for a long time.

ESET Endpoint Antivirus is stable.

I would rate ESET Endpoint Antivirus a nine out of ten for stability.

The scalability of the solution is good.

I have not needed to contact technical support.

I was previously using Norton Antivirus.

The setup is simple.

I did the implementation of the solution myself.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution to others.

User at a hospitality company with 10,001+ employees
    Simple to install, scalable, and high performance
    • "The performance of the solution is very good it does not impact my hardware and is user-friendly."
    • "The solution could improve by having higher-level security and reporting."

What is our primary use case?

I use for ESET Endpoint Antivirus to protect my personal and business files.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by having higher-level security and reporting.

I have been using ESET Endpoint Antivirus for approximately six years.

ESET Endpoint Antivirus is stable.

I have found ESET Endpoint Antivirus scalable.

We have approximately 150 users using this solution.

I have not faced an issue that I would need to contact the support.

I have used Kaspersky and Trend Micro previously.

The installation is straightforward.

When comparing ESET Endpoint Antivirus to other antivirus programs, such as Trend Micro or Kaspersky, it is the best. The other two were too heavy on the system resources, it consumes a lot of hardware. Additionally, they could not detect auto-run viruses.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

John Michalakoudis - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT Support Technician at Neda
    Reseller
    Useful ransomware scans, reliable, and effective support

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of ESET Endpoint Antivirus are the search engine, easy firewall setup, and ransomware scans.

What needs improvement?

The console or GUI of ESET Endpoint Antivirus should improve. Additionally, they should provide an addon feature for HyperV and VMware.

I have been using ESET Endpoint Antivirus for approximately five years.

ESET Endpoint Antivirus is stable.

The scalability of the ESET Endpoint Antivirus is good.

We have 18 people in my company that uses this solution. In our customers' companies, there are approximately 1,000 people using it.

The support from ESET Endpoint Antivirus is very good.

We have only used ESET Endpoint Antivirus.

The initial setup of ESET Endpoint Antivirus is easy and takes only minutes to do.

The price of ESET Endpoint Antivirus could be lower. From a customer's perspective, it is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate ESET Endpoint Antivirus an eight out of ten.