BladeLogic Server Automation allows you to quickly and securely provision, configure, patch, and maintain physical, virtual, and cloud servers.
· Threat remediation: Combine with BMC SecOps Response Service to link vulnerabilities to identified patches and create a remediation plan
· Compliance: Integrates role-based access control, pre-configured policies for CIS, DISA, HIPAA, PCI, SOX, NIST, and SCAP, documentation, and remediation
· Provisioning: Supports unattended installs and image-based, script-based, or template-based provisioning
· Configuration: Consistently manage change and configuration activities across a broad range of server environments with one tool
· Reporting: Assess change impact or complete an audit using multiple dashboard views
· Patching: Supports and follows maintenance window guidelines to ensure timely delivery of patches
Otter helps you provision and configure your servers automatically, without ever needing to log-in to a command prompt. You can define reusable sets of configuration called roles, and then scale your infrastructure by simply assigning these roles to any number of servers. Otter continuously monitors your servers for configuration changes, and reports when there's configuration drift. You can set servers to automatically remediate drift, or schedule remediation and other configuration changes as needed. You can manage everything from Otter's web-based dashboard, and selectively share your servers' configuration, state, and change history with other teams, without giving them control, or even requiring them to learn OtterScript.
BMC TrueSight Server Automation is ranked 18th in Configuration Management while Inedo Otter is ranked 27th in Configuration Management. BMC TrueSight Server Automation is rated 0.0, while Inedo Otter is rated 0.0. On the other hand, BMC TrueSight Server Automation is most compared with Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform, Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, BigFix, Red Hat Satellite and HashiCorp Terraform, whereas Inedo Otter is most compared with .
See our list of best Configuration Management vendors.
We monitor all Configuration Management reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. We validate each review for authenticity via cross-reference with LinkedIn, and personal follow-up with the reviewer when necessary.