Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker is the #2 ranked solution in top Network Packet Broker (NPB) tools. PeerSpot users give Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker is most commonly compared to Ixia Network Packet Brokers: Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker vs Ixia Network Packet Brokers. Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 75% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 26% of all views.
Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker Buyer's Guide

Download the Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker?

Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker (NDDB) (formerly Nexus Data Broker (NDB)) with Cisco Nexus Family switches is a software-defined, programmable solution for packet brokering. Packet brokering is the aggregation of network traffic mirrored or copied using network/optical TAPs or Cisco Switched Port Analyzer (SPAN) for monitoring and visibility. In contrast to monitoring solutions based on traditional packet brokers, the Cisco NDDB packet brokering approach offers a simple, scalable, and cost-effective solution well suited for customers who need to monitor higher volume and business-critical traffic for security, compliance, and application-performance measurement. It also enables real-time traffic visibility with an event-based approach through northbound APIs.

Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker was previously known as Cisco Nexus Data Broker.

Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker Customers

Swisscom, Salt River Project

Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker Video

Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker pricing:
"Pricing for Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker could still be improved. It would be better if its operating expenses were lower."

Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker Reviews

ARNULFO RODRIGUEZ - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Network Engineer at Dell EMC
Great FCoE feature and helpful technical support
  • "Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker is stable and scalable, and has a FCoE (Fiber Channel over Ethernet) feature. Cisco also provides helpful technical support for the solution."
  • "Another area for improvement is with the setup of the solution, as it's complicated. I'd like Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker to have an easier setup in its next release."

What is our primary use case?

We use Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker for our customers in the banking industry, as a solution for storage and networking with fiber channels and FCoE.

What is most valuable?

The principal feature I like about Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker is FCoE.

What needs improvement?

Pricing for Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker could be improved. I want the OpEx to be lower.

Another area for improvement is with the setup of the solution, as it's complicated. I'd like for the product to have an easier setup in its next release.

I've been working with Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker for ten years, and I'm still using it.

Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker vs. Gigamon
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker vs. Gigamon and other solutions. Updated: November 2022.
655,465 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This tool is a stable.

Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker is a scalable solution.

I found the technical support for Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker helpful.

I didn't find Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker easy to set up. Setting it up was a bit complicated.

Pricing for Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker could still be improved, in particular, its operating expenses should to be lower.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a partner of Cisco, because the enterprise I'm working for is a partner of Cisco.

I would recommend the solution to other people.

I'm rating Cisco Nexus Dashboard Data Broker nine out of ten.

Technical Account Manager at MSN
Leaderboard
Useful single dashboard but shortcomings with workflow and documentation

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use this solution for multi-site EVPN.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the single dashboard for viewing the entire network and that centralized-based configurations are much easier than the manual option.

What needs improvement?

There are shortcomings with the workflow that make this solution difficult for new users to understand.

I haven't found any issues with the stability as long as the deployment has been done properly. If something has been missed during deployment, there can be issues with stability.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

There's a lack of good product-specific documentation for this solution, so it can be harder to work through this platform. I would rate this solution seven out of ten.