IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Cisco Jabber OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Cisco Jabber is #2 ranked solution in top Unified Communications tools. PeerSpot users give Cisco Jabber an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Cisco Jabber is most commonly compared to Cisco Unified Communications: Cisco Jabber vs Cisco Unified Communications. Cisco Jabber is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 68% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 21% of all views.
Cisco Jabber Buyer's Guide

Download the Cisco Jabber Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Cisco Jabber?
Cisco Jabber instantly interacts with instant messaging (IM) and presence; IP Voice and Video Telephony; Mobile Collaboration-Anywhere on Any Device; Communicate within other Web Apps, and Microsoft Office.

Cisco Jabber was previously known as Jabber.

Cisco Jabber Customers
Odeabank, Eagle Investment Systems, Pella Corporation, The Republican National Convention, avodaqAG
Cisco Jabber Video

Archived Cisco Jabber Reviews (more than two years old)

Christopher Mills - PeerSpot reviewer
Consultant at Verizon
Leaderboard
Shows other's availability and status, offers powerful chat features, and integration across platforms is strong
  • "The most valuable feature for me is that it shows who is available and who is not, as well as what their current status is."
  • "I presume that very small businesses would have a tough time justifying the investment."

What is our primary use case?

We use Cisco Jabber on our intranet for internal communications. It is used for chat, sharing documents, and sharing links.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for me is that it shows who is available and who is not, as well as what their current status is. When I want to check in with someone, I first have a look to see what they're up to and then I can throw in a question or engage in chat with them.

The UI is okay and I am quite pleased with it. The options that I have for moving things around the screen during calls are good. It is also modern looking and not clunky at all.

The power of the chat function is good in terms of sharing, pasting, and the like, as it is very full-featured.

The integration across platforms is really strong.

The speed and availability are very good.

There is also room for lots of customization built-in, which is a big plus.

What needs improvement?

With the deployment being completed by my organization, I do not have a lot of options for customization because there are certain presets in place. Essentially, I have enough to get my job done, but I don't have access to the full range of functions.

I have been using Jabber for six months.

3CX Live Chat vs. Cisco Jabber
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about 3CX Live Chat vs. Cisco Jabber and other solutions. Updated: July 2022.
621,327 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have never had an issue with a Cisco product in terms of stability.

I would say that this tool is for large enterprise-level customers. We have thousands of employees, so it is pretty scalable.

I've never had a problem that has necessitated contacting technical support, although I presume that it's really good. If I did have a problem then as an enterprise user, I would put in a ticket to our own helpdesk and they would be the ones to contact support from Cisco.

The initial setup is automated and really easy to do.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is that it is a large enterprise product, so the suitability is based on the size of the company. You need to have a lot of employees to warrant a top-level solution like this one. I presume that very small businesses would have a tough time justifying the investment.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Fellipe Madureira - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Security Analyst at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We don't have to use an IP phone device all the time, and the productivity has been increased.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features found are the Immersive Telepresence, Video Conference, VoIP Phone with video, Corporate Collaboration tools and UC services for mobile devices. They all help to improve the communication time within the company.

This product makes my life much easier by shortening the distance between my boss and the rest of my team. More than half of the team I work with is located in another state, some 1,500 miles away. We can have meetings much more often due to this device, and in addition, it's possible to have meetings with other companies all over the world using WebEx and Jabber. We had a meeting with three other companies to discuss a new project via videoconference. Each company is located in different states in Brazil so we can save time and money. We had a drastic decrease of expenses by substituting videoconferences for work travel, so we rarely have to pay for tickets and hotel rooms for employees. The communication itself is the biggest asset and improvement in this case.

It also has ability to choose which device the calls are sent to - an IP Phone or Cisco Jabber, although you should be logged into the network on an IP phone.

How has it helped my organization?

We now have the possibility to be hands-free by communicating with other people in the company. It has integration with LDAP and I do not have to pick up the phone to call someone. I can access my directory list to choose a person and make a direct phone call from my personal computer which can also be done by video. It also enables me to join meetings without leaving my workstation and it's possible to watch conferences (when available to employees, such as board and CEO's conferences) from my PC. It's also possible to make local landline calls with the same software as if it were a simple telephone used with a headset. This means that we don't have to use an IP phone device all the time, and the productivity has been increased by using Cisco Jabber due to the hands-free feature.

We have a case here that I could join a meeting with three different companies in different states in Brazil by using Cisco Jabber from my workstation. The meeting facilitator (a company located in Brazil's capital) was able to connect to our MCU through an IP address and a virtual room set just for this connection. The use of a password was mandatory to establish and reinforce security. It's important to mention that for security measures the employers are only allowed to use it for professional purposes.

We've used it for over an year in collaboration with other technologies to create our own internal communications system.

There were some issues concerning bandwidth in the beginning, which was expected to be solved after implementing QoS correctly - and it was.

So far, they've been working well when we've contacted Tech Support team.

This was the first time we were implementing a Unified Communications system.

The implementation was performed by the vendor and assisted by the in-house tech team.

What other advice do I have?

It's important to be aware that different locations can have technical and logistics limitations and to be sure of the correct compatibility of multi-vendor appliances.