IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Checkmarx OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Checkmarx is #2 ranked solution in AST tools and #5 ranked solution in application security tools. PeerSpot users give Checkmarx an average rating of 8 out of 10. Checkmarx is most commonly compared to SonarQube: Checkmarx vs SonarQube. Checkmarx is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 75% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 26% of all views.
Checkmarx Buyer's Guide

Download the Checkmarx Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Checkmarx?

Checkmarx is a highly accurate and flexible static code analysis product that allows organizations to automatically scan uncompiled code and identify hundreds of security vulnerabilities in all major coding languages and software frameworks. Checkmarx is available as a standalone product and can be effectively integrated into the software development lifecycle (SDLC) to streamline vulnerability detection and remediation. Checkmarx is trusted by leading organizations such as SAP, Samsung, and Salesforce.com.

Checkmarx is a global leader in software security solutions for modern software development. Checkmarx delivers a comprehensive software security platform that unites with DevOps by scanning uncompiled source code for security vulnerabilities early in the development life cycle to reduce and remediate risk from software vulnerabilities. Using Checkmarx, teams avoid software security vulnerabilities managed via a single and unified dashboard without slowing down their delivery schedule.

Checkmarx balances the needs of the entire organization, delivering seamless security from the start and throughout the entire software development life cycle. Checkmarx can be deployed on-premises in a private data center or hosted via a public cloud.

Checkmarx Features

Some of Checkmarx’s features include:

• Source code scanning: Detect and repair more vulnerabilities before you release your code.

• Open-source scanning: Find and eliminate the risks in your open-source code.

• Interactive code scanning: Scan for vulnerabilities and runtime threats.

• Open-source security for infrastructure as code: Identify and fix insecure IaC configurations that put your application at risk.

Reviews from Real Users

Checkmarx stands out among its competitors for a number of reasons. Two major ones are its ability to enable developers to secure their code with a single management dashboard and its high-speed scanning abilities.

PeerSpot users note the effectiveness of these features. A CEO at a tech services company writes, “The most valuable features are the easy-to-understand interface, and it’s very user-friendly. We spend some time tuning to start scanning a new project, which is only a few clicks. A few simple tunes for custom rules and we can start our scan. We can do the work quickly and we don't need to compile the source code because Checkmarx does the work without compiling the project. The scanning is very quick. It's about 20,000 lines per hour, which is a good speed for scanning.”

A director at a tech services company notes, “The features and technologies are very good. The flexibility and the roadmap have also been very good. They're at the forefront of delivering the additional capabilities that are required with cloud delivery, etc. Their ability to deliver what customers require and when they require is very important.”

A senior manager at a manufacturing company writes, “The identification of verification-related security vulnerabilities is really important and one of the key things. It also identifies vulnerabilities for any kind of third-party tool coming into the system or any third-party tools that you are using, which is very useful for avoiding random hacking."

Checkmarx Customers

YIT, Salesforce, Coca-Cola, SAP, U.S. Army, Liveperson, Playtech

Case Study: Liveperson Implements Innovative Secure SDLC

Checkmarx Video

Checkmarx Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Checkmarx pricing:
  • "It's relatively expensive."
  • "The interface used to create custom rules comes at an additional cost."
  • "The price of Checkmarx could be reduced to match their competitors, it is expensive."
  • "Its price is fair. It is in or around the right spot. Ultimately, if the price is wrong, customers won't commit, but they do tend to commit. It is neither too cheap nor too expensive."
  • Checkmarx Reviews

Cybersecurity at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    No need to compile the code to execute static code analysis, but should be more container-friendly and optimized for the CI pipeline
    • "I like that you don't have to compile the code in order to execute static code analysis. So, it's very handy."
    • "They should make it more container-friendly and optimized for the CI pipeline. They should make it a little less heavy. Right now, it requires a SQL database, and the way the tool works is that it has an engine and then it has an analysis database in which it stores the information. So, it is pretty heavy from that perspective because you have to have a full SQL Server. They're working on something called Checkmarx Light, which is a slim-down version. They haven't released it yet, but that's what we need. There should be something a little more slimmed down that can just run the analysis and output the results in a format that's readable as opposed to having a full, really big, and thick deployment with a full database server."

What is our primary use case?

I am using it for software assurance focused on security. I am using its latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

I use both the static code analysis and the open-source analysis engine. It gives visibility into weaknesses and the software that may be there in the source code and static analysis. It also gives some insights into the open source vulnerabilities that may be there in the codebase.

What is most valuable?

I like that you don't have to compile the code in order to execute static code analysis. So, it's very handy. Typically when using SCA tools on C/C++ and C# you must compile the software for SCA to work. CX doesn’t require any compilation due to the way the tool does synthetic compilation to help find errors in code. Many times 3rd party assurance providers don’t have all the files to compile so CX comes in handy.

What needs improvement?

They should make it more container-friendly and optimized for the CI pipeline. They should make it a little less heavy. Right now, it requires a SQL database, and the way the tool works is that it has an engine and then it has an analysis database in which it stores the information. So, it is pretty heavy from that perspective because you have to have a full SQL Server. They're working on something called Checkmarx Light, which is a slim-down version. They haven't released it yet, but that's what we need. There should be something a little more slimmed down that can just run the analysis and output the results in a format that's readable as opposed to having a full, really big, and thick deployment with a full database server. I had several issues with the installation. It should just work out of the box.
    Checkmarx
    June 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Checkmarx. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
    607,332 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using it off and on for about a year.

I've run into a few bugs here and there but i would recommend installing on virtual machine and snapshoting a working install.

My setup is standalone. They do have a scalable version, but it's not something I need. We're not using it a lot. Its usage is once a month. The way our organization works is that we don't do static code analysis every day. It's more on an as-needed basis. So, it's no fault of the Checkmarx tool. It's just not something that we've been working on.

They were pretty good. I would rate them a four out of five, but I was using their salespeople. It wasn't their traditional tech support, so I can't really evaluate their traditional tech support. When they're selling something, they give you a lot more service instead of having to go through the support system.

I still use other tools, so I just added it to the tool chest. I have Fortify, CodeSonar, etc  and I added Checkmarx as a different tool.

I installed it. It's straightforward to install, but I had several issues with the installation. I don't know if it was with my environment or not. If it works properly, it's a simple install, but in my example, it did not work right off the bat. There was some troubleshooting that had to go on, which was a little frustrating. It took weeks. It required back and forth communication with support for a couple of days, but I wasn't actively working on it for days. I would run into a bug, send the log file, and go back and forth. It wasn't anything crazy, but it was a little frustrating. It should just work out of the box. It should be pretty straightforward where you just click the installer and go, but it wasn't.

It was implemented in-house, and then I had to call support when needed. In terms of maintenance, it is pretty self-sustaining. You update it whenever it needs to be updated.

There hasn't been much return yet because we haven't used it much, but I have enough faith in it that I committed to it for multiple years. We are starting to use it more but not enough to state ROI yet

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of ten. It's not the best tool on the market, but it provides some good capability for what it is.

Cuneyt KALPAKOGLU Phd. - PeerSpot reviewer
    Founder & Chairman at Endpoint-labs Cyber Security R&D
    • "From my point of view, it is the best product on the market."
    • "Micro-services need to be included in the next release."

What is our primary use case?

I am the founder and the chairman of an internationally certified cybersecurity research lab. I have a Ph.D. in cryptology and network security.

We are a strategic partner of Checkmarx. Our job is to help them develop solutions. Currently, we are developing some algorithms and strategic solutions for them. Checkmarx informs us about what is happening, in advance, before they launch a product. We are also one of their testers.

What is most valuable?

Aside from my occupation, I am an academic. Because of our status, we test products as well as their competition, for example, we45, AppScan, SonarQube, etc. I have to point out, from an academic and business point of view, there is a very serious competitive advantage to using Checkmarx. Even if there are multiple vulnerabilities in the source coding, Checkmarx is able to identify which lines need to be corrected and then proceeds to automatically remediate the situation. This is an outstanding advantage that none of the competition offers.

The flexibility in regards to finding false-positives and false-negatives is amazing. Checkmarx can easily manage false-positives and negatives. You don't need to generate an additional platform if you would like to scan a mobile application from iOS or Android. With a single license, you are able to scan and test every platform. This is not possible with other competitive products. For instance, say you are using we45 — if you would like to scan an iOS application, you would have to generate an iOS platform first. With Checkmarx you don't need to do anything — take the source code, scan it and you're good to go. Last but not least, the incremental scanning capabilities are a mission-critical feature for developers.

Also, the API and integrations are both very flexible.

What needs improvement?

Checkmarx is going to announce the cloud version very soon. Every product has something innovative at the moment. Presently, we are extremely satisfied and that's why Checkmarx has been the leader for the last few years, consecutively. This is the third year they have been recognized in the static code analysis world.

Micro-services need to be included in the next release; however, as a developer, I can assure you that micro-service methodology is going to be improved in the next version. Presently, they support micro-services, but the supporting methodology of the micro-services is not good enough at the moment.

I have been using Checkmarx for six years.

Checkmarx is stable. We investigate the stability of the competition as well. From my point of view, it is the best product on the market. It's relatively expensive, but it's the best product. Keep in mind, this is not my private comment. I respect the comments, results, and the statistics of Gartner and these are their findings.

Checkmarx has been selected as the front-runner by Gartner for the third year in a row — you bet it's scalable.

We give technical support in our territory; Checkmarx's technical support is also quite good. If you open a ticket with a question, they'll reply the same day.

The initial setup is not complex at all, it's straightforward and robust. If you decide to use Checkmarx, you'll be ready to go in one day.

What other advice do I have?

If you wish to purchase Checkmarx, you should scan the same source code with a different product, compare them to their competition, and make a decision. This way, you can see the difference and understand the benefits of Checkmarx. Test and scan some lines of code in any programming language you wish, then do the same with a competitor. Checkmarx will produce far fewer false-positives compared to any other solution on the market. Other solutions will produce roughly 900 false-positives whereas Checkmarx will cut that number in half. I am not trying to sell this product to you, this is simply the reality of it.

From the technological side, I would give this solution a rating of ten. From a commercial aspect, because it's relatively expensive, I would give it a rating of eight. Overall, because I must choose one number between one and ten, I will give Checkmarx a rating of ten.

Day by day, they are improving this product. For example, one of the most important features missing was open sources, which they have now added. They were also missing code training facilities, but they have added those as well. They have a complimentary product now.

Checkmarx
    June 2022
    607,332 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Technical Lead at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    User friendly with a good interface and excellent at detecting vulnerabilities
    • "The user interface is excellent. It's very user friendly."
    • "The tool is currently quite static in terms of finding security vulnerabilities. It would be great if it was more dynamic and we had even more tools at our disposal to keep us safe. It would help if there was more scanning or if the process was more automated."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to check our systems for any vulnerabilities in our applications. Currently, I'm working on a banking tool, which is aligned with the menu. Our system was created 30 years ago and still is running in the market and doing well. However, currently, there are so many changes happening. Any solution coming into the technology needs to have a security check to ensure everything is safe.

What is most valuable?

The reporting on the solution is very good. The reports we get are very self-explanatory. They aren't complex or confusing. They will tell us if we are facing vulnerabilities and where. From the reporting, it's quite easy to find the problems and fix them.

The solution overall is very good at detecting and pinpointing vulnerabilities in the code.

The user interface is excellent. It's very user friendly.

The solution offers good training documentation so we know how to handle problems as they arise.

What needs improvement?

Honestly speaking, we do not have much experience in this tool yet as we just started using it a couple of months ago. I personally am still just diving into the data. It may be too early to tell if there are improvements that need to be made.

The tool is currently quite static in terms of finding security vulnerabilities. It would be great if it was more dynamic and we had even more tools at our disposal to keep us safe. It would help if there was more scanning or if the process was more automated.

I've only been using the solution for three months. It hasn't been too long yet. I'm new to the position. My organization, however, has been using the solution for quite a while.

We have different team members on the solution in the UK and India. It's only available to those directly involved in the security aspects of our company.

We have our own in-house team that manages a lot of issues that may come up on the solution.

The thing is, security is a major concern for us. We cannot exactly contact their team about a lot of things as we do have process guidelines and we need to follow these processes if we run into issues. If we have problems, we have an expert that can sit right next to us and figure out a solution. This helps us better manage the tool and the security surrounding it, rather than, for example, calling up the company and having a random help desk technician try and assist us.

For our purposes, the initial set up was not complex. It was fairly easy to plug the solution into our build processes and pipelines. We haven't had any issues with configurations or anything like that. It's been very straightforward.

The deployment is very fast and only takes about 15 minutes or so.

We manage the solution ourselves. However, if I personally want to access it, I do need to contact specific team members. Only specific individuals have access. It's not accessible to everyone in the organization.

A specific team in our organization handled the initial setup and holds the license for the product.

I've looked at SonarQube. The basic difference between the two solutions is that Checkmarx is a bit more intelligent and can detect vulnerabilities better and faster than SonarQube. SonarQube is more focused on code and style formatting or code complexity. It depends on the priorities of the organization, as each has its own unique benefits.

What other advice do I have?

I don't recall the exact version of the solution we are using.

I would recommend the solution. I'd rate it eight out of ten.

Senior Manager at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
    A stable solution for identifying security vulnerabilities but needs functionalities for identifying the run-time null values and doing static and dynamic code validation
    • "The identification of verification-related security vulnerabilities is really important and one of the key things. It also identifies vulnerabilities for any kind of third-party tool coming into the system or any third-party tools that you are using, which is very useful for avoiding random hacking."
    • "We are trying to find out if there is a way to identify the run-time null values. I am analyzing different tools to check if there is any tool that supports run-time null value identification, but I don't think any of the tools in the market currently supports this feature. It would be helpful if Checkmarx can identify and throw an exception for a null value at the run time. It would make things a lot easier if there is a way for Checkmarx to identify nullable fields or hard-coded values in the code. The accessibility for customized Checkmarx rules is currently limited and should be improved. In addition, it would be great if Checkmarx can do static code and dynamic code validation. It does a lot of security-related scanning, and it should also do static code and dynamic code validation. Currently, for security-related validation, we are using Checkmarx, and for static code and dynamic code validation, we are using some other tools. We are spending money on different tools. We can pay a little extra money and use Checkmarx for everything."

What is our primary use case?

We use Checkmarx for security vulnerability identification. We are using its latest version. We have a license to upgrade to the latest version. Whenever there is a new version, we update it to the latest version.

What is most valuable?

The identification of verification-related security vulnerabilities is really important and one of the key things. It also identifies vulnerabilities for any kind of third-party tool coming into the system or any third-party tools that you are using, which is very useful for avoiding random hacking.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for two years.

Its stability is okay.

We don't directly deal with the Checkmarx technical team. There is a support group available for that, and they work with the Checkmarx team. When we have any issues, we directly call our internal team, and they call the Checkmarx team. They get back to us pretty quickly. The response is very quick. There is no problem.

The initial setup was easy. Our project was quite big, and it took a bit longer. It took almost six hours. We could not do it as CI/CD pipeline because the pipeline expects a response in a short span of time, which was a challenge for us. We are now doing the Checkmarx review manually. We first run the code analysis, and, after the code analysis is over, we go for the pipeline. This is an overhead for us.

It would be helpful if they can improve the speed of the analysis rate. We also need to find out from our side if there is a way to increase the wait time of the CI/CD pipeline and modify the timeout limit. It would then take 30 minutes to one hour rather than five or six hours. We should be able to adjust the timeout time, change the CI/CD settings, and go ahead with the integrated process. Currently, we cannot have an integrated system, and we also have to move from one script to the next script manually.

What other advice do I have?

Even though we run it manually, it captures most of the things. We decided to go with Checkmarx two years ago, and we are continuing with it.

I would rate Checkmarx a seven out of ten. There are a few things that can be improved in this solution.

General Manager at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
    Intuitive interface, easy to set up, and saves us money by finding problems at an early stage
    • "The UI is very intuitive and simple to use."
    • "Creating and editing custom rules in Checkmarx is difficult because the license for the editor comes at an additional cost, and there is a steep learning curve."

What is our primary use case?

We use Checkmarx for static analysis as part of our software development lifecycle. It is very important because it helps us identify the security flaws in the code at a very early stage. Ultimately, this helps in reducing costs.

What is most valuable?

The UI is very intuitive and simple to use. You don't need to know anything about the product before you being working with it.

The interface used to audit issues is also simple to use.

Compared to similar products, the code scanning time is fast.

What needs improvement?

Most the the static analysers come with pre-loaded rulesets. However, many times developers have to write their own custom rules. Writing custom rules in Checkmark is difficult because you need a different editor which is licensed separately. Besides not much training material is available on how to write the rules.

We have been using Checkmarx for almost four years.

It is pretty stable and we have not had any issues. We have a monitoring team that monitors the health of our infrastructure and we are alerted to any problems.

We were able to scale easily and did not have any issues in doing so. At this team, we have between 70 and 80 applications that we are scanning with it.

We have contacted technical support a couple of times and the issues were addressed in a timely manner.

We have used other products and found that you have to spend considerable time fine-tuning the scanning engine. With Checkmarx, it is a lot less and I would say that this is one of the significant differences with this solution.

The maintenance in terms of running the scans and fine-tuning the scans is very low.

On the other hand, we have used other tools where writing custom rules is not so difficult to do.

Checkmarx is pretty straightforward and very easy to set up.

Our in-house team deployed and manages this product. I have one person who handles all of it, and the deployment can be completed within a day or two. As long as the infrastructure is ready, it can be done within a day.

Checkmarx helps us to find problems with source code at an early stage in the development, which saves us in terms of troubleshooting costs.

The interface used to create custom rules comes at an additional cost.

What other advice do I have?

Checkmarx is probably one of the best static code analyzers available in the market at this point. It is very easy to deploy, use, and maintain. The amount of maintenance required is pretty low. It is absolutely a good tool that I can recommend.

Checkmarx has added a lot of functionality since we began using it. This includes OSA, the open-source scan, a training module, and run-time protection.

For static code analysis, we are only using Checkmarx and we plan to continue.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Sr. Application Security Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Good interface and reporting capability, and it integrates well with other products
    • "The user interface is modern and nice to use."
    • "If it is a very large code base then we have a problem where we cannot scan it."

What is our primary use case?

I am in charge of application security and Checkmarx is one of the products that I use in this capacity. We use this product for code scanning and static code analysis.

What is most valuable?

The user interface is modern and nice to use.

This product has very good reports.

Checkmarx integrates with a lot of different tools such as BitBucket and Jira.

There is good coverage for different languages.

What needs improvement?

I think that the configuration is a bit difficult and we required support from Checkmarx to complete it (there are a lot of manual, not documented configurations should be done, like direct changes in a Database for example).  This is the case, at least, if you are using the on-premises version. From my point of view, the configuration should be improved.

If it is a very large code base then we have a problem where we cannot scan it (if more then ~ 30 mb zip file provided - scan is crashes or takes a lot of time) . It seems to me that they have a problem with the number of code line scans.

In the future, I would like to see Checkmarx support a combination of dynamic and static code scanning (IAST)

I have been working with Checkmarx for about five months.

It works fine but if you have a file that is too big to scan then it takes a lot of time to run and sometimes crashes.

There is a problem with the memory, and scanning a large codebase should be done by dividing it into different files. For microservices with a small number of lines of code, it works well well. On the other hand, scanning a legacy solution such as a big monolith with millions of lines of code in it has been a problem. We need to make certain modifications to the files before we can upload them to the scan.

We have 80 users who are using Checkmarx.

They have very good technical support and we haven't had a problem with them. If you have a problem that you cannot handle on your own or you need to configure this product then you should have technical support.

The basic installation is easy for us but in our case, we had some additional configuration that had to be done to access our documents on the server. We were not able to complete it without help from Checkmarx because there are a lot of configuration options, and we had to make manual changes to the database as well.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good application that you can use to scan every code language. You can configure the scan because they provide the Checkmarx query language. These queries are very good and very flexible. It requires a knowledge of this language but you can reach and deal with it using most languages.

Peter Ejiofor - PeerSpot reviewer
    Chief Executive Officer at Ethnos ITSolutions
    Reseller
    Integrates well, overall good functionality, and highly reliable
    • "The most valuable features of Checkmarx are difficult to pinpoint because of the way the functionalities and the features are intertwined, it's difficult to say which part of them I prefer most. You initiate the scan, you have a scan, you have the review set, and reporting, they all work together as one whole process. It's not like accounting software, where you have the different features, et cetera."
    • "Checkmarx could improve by reducing the price."

What is our primary use case?

Checkmarx is a source code application for development, which means from the source code level, you can use Checkmarx to detect your coding errors, and to detect vulnerabilities that could have come from the different tools that you were using to develop your application. At the source code level, you can prevent the weaknesses that the application can carry on the journey of its development and use.

Checkmarx helps the users to have a secure coding environment and experience, and a secure source code level of application. That main application can leverage or improve the service delivery to customers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Checkmarx are difficult to pinpoint because of the way the functionalities and the features are intertwined, it's difficult to say which part of them I prefer most. You initiate the scan, you have a scan, you have the review set, and reporting, they all work together as one whole process. It's not like accounting software, where you have the different features, et cetera.

The software languages that they support are one of the largest in the market.

What needs improvement?

Checkmarx could improve by reducing the price.

I have been using Checkmarx within the past 12 months.

Checkmarx has been stable in my usage and I'm confident to recommend it to anybody.

Checkmarx is very scalable. It can run for a small and large organizations.

The technical support is good.

I rate the support from Checkmarx a four out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup of Checkmarx is easy.

I rate the initial setup of Checkmarx a four out of five.

We use one engineer with the help of Checkmarx for support and deployment.

The price of Checkmarx could be reduced to match their competitors, it is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I strongly recommend Checkmarx to others. I have sold the solution for nearly eight years, and I'm not aware of any major complaints that the users have that could not be resolved.

I rate Checkmarx an eight out of ten.

The Checkmarx application is a live wire of technology delivery, and if your application is vulnerable, then the asset that your acquisition will run will also suffer vulnerability. Providing the scanning ability that shows the errors at the source code level is critical to have effective development of any critical application.

I would recommend Checkmarx eight because it's very critical and integral to the improvement of technology and cyber security today. It's a critical tool in protecting cyberspace, your asset in cyberspace, and an application that runs nearly all human life today. Everything is driven by technology and application.

Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Reseller
    Good features, good support, fair price, and good ability to deliver what customers require
    • "The features and technologies are very good. The flexibility and the roadmap have also been very good. They're at the forefront of delivering the additional capabilities that are required with cloud delivery, etc. Their ability to deliver what customers require and when they require is very important."
    • "There is nothing particular that I don't like in this solution. It can have more integrations, but the integrations that we would like are in the roadmap anyway, and they just need to deliver the roadmap. What I like about the roadmap is that it is going where it needs to go. If I were to look at the roadmap, there is nothing that is jumping out there that says to me, "Yeah. I'd like something else on the roadmap." What they're looking to deliver is what I would expect and forecast them to deliver."

What is our primary use case?

We're selling their licenses and their technologies. We have on-premises and cloud deployments. Its deployment depends on the customer requirements.

It is used for a range of requirements for DevSecOps. It has been deployed to ensure that the development cycle delivers clean and secure code that is vulnerability-free. It is there as a part of the whole compliance and security process.

What is most valuable?

The features and technologies are very good. The flexibility and the roadmap have also been very good. They're at the forefront of delivering the additional capabilities that are required with cloud delivery, etc. Their ability to deliver what customers require and when they require is very important.

What needs improvement?

There is nothing particular that I don't like in this solution. It can have more integrations, but the integrations that we would like are in the roadmap anyway, and they just need to deliver the roadmap. What I like about the roadmap is that it is going where it needs to go. If I were to look at the roadmap, there is nothing that is jumping out there that says to me, "Yeah. I'd like something else on the roadmap." What they're looking to deliver is what I would expect and forecast them to deliver.

I have been using this solution for two years.

Our customers are completely comfortable with the scalability of the technologies. They can deploy them initially in a relatively straightforward manner and then grow them into their organization quite successfully. We primarily have large customers.

Our team works with them. Their sales engineering team as well as their pre-sales capabilities are very good. They're clear. They work, and they're available, which is good. It is somewhat unusual in this business.

It depends on different technologies, but it is reasonably quite straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

They're a very good company to work with, and that's a very important aspect of any technology these days. You could find very nice technologies, but if the company is not good to work with, it could be of no use. You'll not be able to get it deployed, and you'll not get assistance. You will get bad value for good technology. Checkmarx is a nice, pleasant, and relatively easy company to work with. You will get a good return, and you will get a good partnership and relationship working with them.

I would rate Checkmarx an eight out of ten.

Download our free Checkmarx Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: June 2022