IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Fabio Nicida - PeerSpot reviewer
CEO at Agila Tecnologia
Helpful support, flexible, and highly reliable
  • "Broadcom Clarity PPM is robust and flexible, and all the functionality sets are in one place."
  • "Broadcom Clarity PPM should improve how the reports are being generated and contracts management."

What is our primary use case?

We have some deployments of Broadcom Clarity PPM on the cloud and others on-premise. We have many use cases for Broadcom Clarity PPM. We have some customers that are in government, they use it to manage IT projects. We have other customers that are from the petrochemical industry, they use the solution for investment management and capital management.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Reports generated through Jaspersoft could be more integrated into the solution. Today, by default, users must navigate out of their context to run a report or a consultant must create a special portlet to bring reports into context. This could be an OOTB functionality.  There should be support for contract management. Clarity manages all kinds of investments very well, but there is no native functionalities to manage contracts between the companies regarding these investments.

I have been using Broadcom Clarity PPM for 17 years.
Broadcom Clarity PPM
June 2022
Learn what your peers think about Broadcom Clarity PPM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Broadcom Clarity PPM is stable.

The scalability of Broadcom Clarity PPM is good. We have approximately 10,000 people using this solution.

I rate the technical support from Broadcom Clarity PPM a four out of five.

The initial setup of Broadcom Clarity PPM is complex.

There are different licensing models with Broadcom Clarity PPM. With the software as a service model, you pay as you go, and if you are on-premises, you can buy a perpetual license and an annual fee for maintenance. I rate the price of Broadcom Clarity PPM a three out of five.

What other advice do I have?

For people new to the solution, I would advise them to keep it simple and start using default functionality. I rate Broadcom Clarity PPM a nine out of ten because it has a lot of functionality, is very flexible, and is highly stable.
Georgy N Joseph - PeerSpot reviewer
Consultant at Ericsson
Time Entry, Resource Allocation & Dashboards Are Valuable But Memory Management And Responsiveness Can Be Improved

What is our primary use case?

Working on the technical side of this CA tool for last 9 years with different different companies and clients.

How has it helped my organization?

The health report and all metrics of any project including KPIs are now available in a central location under the clarity project or project dashboard, replacing all those excel spreadsheets.

What is most valuable?

Time Entry, Resource Allocation, Interactive Dashboards, Risk Management, Integration with Jaspersoft reports.

What needs improvement?

The application memory management and responsiveness of this JAVA product can be improved, especially in the peak usage times. A better way to track, analyze and tweak the heap memory would be a great addition to this PPM tool

More than five years.

Occasional slowness of the product at peak usage times like Budget season, mostly due to poor heap memory management.

No. Its perfectly scalable and perfectly easy to implement the change.

It's awesome 10/10

It's very good 9/10

Yes, the installation/upgrade is complex. You will need many mock runs in non-prod environments before we try the new version in PROD. Each version upgrade can come with new issues and challenges. But from the latest v14.x versions, this has been simplified a lot.

In-house

We did some analysis on HP PPM. Found Clarity PPM better.

What other advice do I have?

If anyone is looking for a Project and Portfolio Management tool, then I highly recommend CA Clarity PPM. Of all the PPM tools we had tried, Clarity PPM is the most robust, multi-functional and reliable tool.

Check out my other Clarity PPM detailed review at http://www.itcentralstation.com/product_reviews/ca...

Broadcom Clarity PPM
June 2022
607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Project Manager at a government with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good project and portfolio management features, and the interface can be accessed from anywhere

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant and I recommend and implement specific solutions for my clients. I am currently working on behalf of a company that implements this product for its customers.

Clarity PPM is a product that I have worked with personally. It is primarily used for project management, project portfolio management, and for reporting services.

What is most valuable?

The interfaces for project management, portfolio management, and reporting services are always helpful.

What needs improvement?

Intake and demand management functionality could be better.

In the future, I would like to see integrated Agile features and better integration with Agile tools. There are a lot of different teams that are using Agile tools and there is a demand for that.

I have worked with Broadcom Clarity PPM for more than five years.

Scalability is great, especially with cloud-based solutions. It makes the product very portable and users can access it on tablets, smartphones, and whatever device they have. This model makes it scalable.

The implementation is not complete and it is expected to take between four and eight months.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure
Download our free Broadcom Clarity PPM Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: June 2022