We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

BMC Remedyforce [EOL] OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is BMC Remedyforce [EOL]?

BMC Remedyforce, built on Salesforce App Cloud, enables you to deliver high-speed service management that empowers users and accelerates the business, with minimal capital investment.

Built with speed and flexibility in mind

• Comprehensive functionality:Incident, problem, change, service level management, self-service, discovery and asset management
  • Social, mobile, modern access: With the Salesforce 1 platform, solve incidents, submit approvals, and crowdsource information via Chatter or chat
  • Intuitive dashboards and reporting: Resolve 90% of IT issues on the first call; show key business metrics in real time
  • Configuration not customization: Deploy new technologies and services without coding or scripting, using existing Salesforce staff
  • No software or hardware to install or manage: Seamless upgrades twice a year with simple, value-based pricing

BMC Remedyforce [EOL] was previously known as Remedyforce.

BMC Remedyforce [EOL] Buyer's Guide

Download the BMC Remedyforce [EOL] Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

BMC Remedyforce [EOL] Customers

Design Within Reach, Dex Media, DHHS, News UK, Pervasive Software, Mitchell International, Sysmex Corporation, Ameritas, Lumen 21

BMC Remedyforce [EOL] Video

Archived BMC Remedyforce [EOL] Reviews (more than two years old)

Abdullah_Smadi
Business Unit Manager at Magnoos Information Systems
A solid, reasonably-priced service management solution for small to mid-sized businesses
  • "An inexpensive solution that is easy to set up and use without much support."
  • "The product is created to service small to medium-sized businesses. Although it can be used in enterprise settings this choice comes down to properly assessing needs."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for Remedyforce is for clients who do not have a requirement on the CMDB (Configuration Management Database). When I'm talking about a requirement, I'm talking about things like federation and reconciliation requirements. This gap is one of the reasons I started looking at Remedyforce as a potential solution.

The second reason for choosing this is when the client size is medium to small — not truly enterprise. Medium-sized companies in my view means that the support staff is around 10 to 30 members. That is just the number of support staff, not end-users. There should also be about 50 to 100 servers.

A third component is when there are no critical integrations — we call them huge integrations. There are two kinds of integration. First, there is very straightforward integration where I need to connect to an active directory and, for example, read the people detail. The second is more complicated integrations. For example, a client might ask to do provisioning on the active directory, or they may want to do updates like bidirectional integration. Remedyforce is not built for this type of thing. The product as of yet was not built to handle complex requirements. When it comes to complex requirements, we have to be honest with the client. It is as if they buy a cheaper car and try to make it into a Ferrari. We have other remedies for this situation, Helix Remedy. It is a Ferrari. Remedyforce is not the Ferrari.

What is most valuable?

There are several excellent features that I find valuable in the product. The self-service portal, knowledge management, and the CMDB from the last version are the best of these. Previously CMDB was the worst feature. Now they improved it significantly and it is one of the best features of the product.

Other modules that older versions of the product had are not really featured but can be useful. For example incident management. I cannot tell you that incident management in Remedyforce is as good a feature as incident management in Micro Focus — which has different incident management capabilities. They are both valuable incident management products depending on needs and expectations.

What needs improvement?

Of course, there are features that can be added, improved and enhanced in any product. I would like to see the CMDB feature include federation in the consideration engine. That would be the number one enhancement I would like. Number two, enhance the change management module by including a calendar. They should also create and include an impact analysis engine. They don't have an impact analysis engine right now.

But if you notice these features like change management are more related to big organizations. BMC wants to keep it this way. BMC has trillions of dollars they could put into research and development to add features. They envision Remedyforce for medium to small companies and it is their market. Our Ferrari product is for large, enterprise organizations. So, if they enhance the change management in Remedyforce, they will be making the products similar to other products. Eventually, the client will wonder why they are offering the same product with more than one name. It would be like basically having the same product but for cheaper pricing. It doesn't make sense.

They want to offer different products and enhance some type of distinguishing advantage of each. They want products to appeal to different market segments because they want to capture all of the marketplaces. It is as simple as this.

It has been two years that we are using this product.

This product is really stable. It has an uptime of 99.9%. They also have great customer service policies to cover any stability issue. In case the system goes down for any reason, BMC is willing to cover any lapse in service during the subscription. They will actually cover the exact amount of time for you. After your subscription ends, they will calculate the days and they will refund it directly to you.

This is a scalable product. Because it is on the cloud, lots of people can connect to it and there is no problem with growing the number of connections. If you want, you can even add a mobile app now. Previously they didn't have a mobile app option.

Remedyforce's scalability has some limitations and because of that, it is not going to fit in most large enterprises. However, very large companies are using the product with success. For example, Carrefour is a very large grocery chain something like Walmart and they are using Remedyforce.

There are reasons to use Remedyforce and it is okay for big clients. One of our big clients is the Al Tayer Group. They are a dealership for expensive luxury cars like Range Rover, Ford, and Ferrari (the real Ferrari). The number of actual users is small, but the amount of business they do is huge.

I have a meeting, a new project coming up with Al Ghurair Group. Retail groups love this product because it is very fast but not expensive. Forpen is another big enterprise and they are using Remedyforce heavily. They are treating it as a large enterprise solution. The product works for them for now because they did many things on top of it to make it work. Really they are paying more than what it deserves to put into it. Sometimes you might own a Toyota Corolla and you keep enhancing it to try to make it work like a Ferrari. Actually you are wasting your time and resources on it because the solution you need already exists. Go buy the other one you want because it is better for you. It may feel harder to switch than it actually is.

Can you scale it? Yes. But doing it may not be a good business decision. There comes a point where there is no point in enhancing the product more. For some of the clients in the UAE, change is hard for them. They think that they already have a solution that they know how to use and they are happy with it. They think it's a headache to change and switch and get used to something else. It is also not always easy to go to procurement to finance a change. You need to justify why you need to change a product and defend the expense.

Customer and technical support are very good. Their response to issues and the resolutions are the fastest across all of our cloud competitors. They are the leader in customer support being both very fast and on the spot.

I'm the BMC (Baseboard Management Controller) business unit manager in my company. I know every little thing about my competitors and their products in order to have success selling products.

Earlier we were not relying on Remedyforce but BMC recently made a significant investment in Remedyforce. The name is changed and it is called BMC Helix Remedyforce. It is built on the Salesforce Platform, which is a well-established cloud platform. Recently, they decided to provide more features. It has now chatbots. They provide BMC discovery for the cloud as well. These two features were always available in BMC but it was only for Remedy IT service management — the enterprise solution. Now they make them available to be integrated to work with Remedyforce which makes Remedyforce a very strong solution.

The product is only available in the cloud, so there is no setup. You just place an order and you'll get it tomorrow. Everyone now is moving to the cloud here in UAE. The first data center for Azure is in Abu Dhabi. That is because it is a better means of deployment.

Because there is no installation process, there is no need for a consultant or anybody to help.

The configuration is a little different and it could take some time. You'll have the system up and running but you need to put efforts to configure it. Tasks would include uploading the people details, building service requests, building templates, etcetera. However, almost all of these tasks are very simple and very easy.

This product is very inexpensive. It is subscription-based on yearly contracts.

My current company has a deal. I think the subscription per year is 20K dollars. Per year for the client is really nothing compared to other products and solutions. You know that a five years subscription is one hundred thousand dollars for five years using all this functionality.

What other advice do I have?

On the cloud, BMC is a leader. Even now they are introducing AI as part of their platform. Any platform that you have in the cloud with them, you'll have IBM Watson built-in with it. The chatbot used in Remedyforce is AI-based using IBM Watson.

If someone is considering Remedyforce they need to ask the right questions of themselves. Very simple, straightforward questions. How many servers do you have? How many support staff you have? How many custom processes do you have? Or are you a green field where you have not begun to build anything? These things will help to define the correct solution. If this is not fit for you do to the answers you give and the discovery of the product. My recommendation might be to go to Helix Remedy. It depends if that will help you have success with your needs for the solution. Helix Remedy is great for large enterprises. The product has many complex solutions. However, it is also not right for everyone.

Let me tell you about one of our customers, Dubai Financial Markets. The Dubai Financial Market has millions there. The number of support staff is small. You would be surprised. The number of end-users is only 200, the number for the support staff around 30. But in this case, Remedyforce will fail there. They have Helix Remedy because they have very complicated processes. For example, Remedyforce does not have something called the process designer. Helix Remedy has an engine called the process designer to build any kind of custom IP process. It was a small staff, but they needed more advanced solutions.

If you want more help in making decisions you can go to BMC blogs and forums and discover more about products. This can also help you to identify features you may not know exist that would be useful.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I think BMC Remedyforce is an eight. Every software has limitations. If you ask me about Helix Remedy, I will tell you a nine, there's nothing like ten, nothing.

it_user794739
Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
User
Efficient in calculating the performance of services provided

What is our primary use case?

We are using BMC Remedyforce for IT, as well as for the HR service desk of our company for the last two years, effectively.

How has it helped my organization?

ITIL best practices and smart practices are efficient in calculating the performance of services provided.

What is most valuable?

Incident management Change management Service request management CMDB Configuration management Dashboards Analytics Chat

What needs improvement?

There should be filtered criteria, like workflow rules, in service request conditions. There should be some tool to move SRD and SLA from the sandbox to production.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

• Incident management
  • Change management
  • Service request management
  • CMDB
  • Configuration management
  • Dashboards
  • Analytics
  • Chat

What needs improvement?

• There should be filtered criteria, like workflow rules, in service request conditions.
  • There should be some tool to move SRD and SLA from the sandbox to production.

Learn what your peers think about BMC Remedyforce [EOL]. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,729 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user788007
User at a construction company with 10,001+ employees
User
Offers good reporting capabilities. Getting the right information is the key to understanding.
  • "Offers good reporting capabilities. Getting the right information is the key to understanding and improvements."
  • "Remedyforce replaced all our legacy applications globally. This enabled us to move tickets and requests to other regions easily."
  • "​Improve the out-of-the-box ITIL compliance, which would be great for new customers."
  • "More flexible ways to change the existing configuration would benefit existing customers."
  • "It required a high amount of customisation for us to work with the tool and sometimes special capabilities needed to be purchased."
  • "As we added more custom configuration, we started running into SOQL errors, which could not be resolved yet."

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

Remedyforce offers good reporting capabilities. Getting the right information is the key to understanding and improvements.

What needs improvement?

• Improve the out-of-the-box ITIL compliance, which would be great for new customers.
  • More flexible ways to change the existing configuration would benefit existing customers.

Three to five years.

As we added more custom configuration, we started running into SOQL errors, which could not be resolved yet.

We migrated various solution to Remedyforce for the purpose of standardization.

We used several vendors. Not all their solutions were developed to be future proof.

This information is not available to me.

What other advice do I have?

Remedyforce is a good tool, but lacks out-ot-the-box functionalities. Planning ahead can save a lot of money and effort.

Technology Process Analyst at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
It has quickly become our go-to for managing all documentation related to IPCM
  • "The record linking shows us all of the changes that were implemented during that release, what clients were affected, related incidents and problem records, and important documentation that occurred along the way."
  • "The setup was somewhat complex as it seemed there were three ways to do the same thing."

What is our primary use case?

BMC Remedyforce is our incident/problem/change management system which manages all client reported issues full circle from the first call incident reporting, managing identified problems, and tracking and approval for all changes going into our production systems. We also use Remedyforce Self Service as our primary (internal) support ticketing system.

How has it helped my organization?

Prior to Remedyforce, our company did not have a software package to manage all items related to issues and changes happening in our production environments. Along with a new Change Management Policy, Remedyforce quickly became our go-to for managing all documentation related to IPCM.

What is most valuable?

There are many advantages that we have found with Remedyforce, one of which is the record linking functionality. This allows us to look back at (for example) a previous release of our software to view everything that happened during that release. The record linking shows us all of the changes that were implemented during that release, what clients were affected, related incidents and problem records, and important documentation that occurred along the way.

What needs improvement?

In the background, there are limitations with what the automation can/cannot do (i.e., flows will error after looping through a 100 records). With a complex system that contains sometimes 100s of linking records, this causes issues with current workflows that we wish were not limited.

Personally, I thought the setup was somewhat complex. That may be due to our company's various workflows that we needed to take into consideration, but it seems that between *Flows *Process Builder and *Validation Rules", they were tough for us to wrap our heads around as it seemed there were three ways to do the same thing.

Both. We had a consultant work with our project team on the build and implementation. Our in-house expert knew more than our consultant did, which got to be very frustrating when the consultant would not listen to our suggestions (he didn't listen very well).

BMC Remedyforce is extremely reasonable when talking about licensing costs.  For an entire IPCM system and Self Service ticketing system, you can't get much better.

If our company did, I was not employed here at that time.

RemedyForce Administrator at a retailer
  • "Remedyforce has greatly improved our company's ability to accurately track and create new records."
  • "Our staff is able to quickly jump into Remedyforce and understand the tool with minimal training."

What is our primary use case?

Remedyforce is our company's incident, change, problem, and release management platform.

How has it helped my organization?

Remedyforce has greatly improved our company's ability to accurately track and create new records. Incidents can be opened in the console, through email, and from the Self Service Portal.

What is most valuable?

The console offers a clean UI for managing records and maintaining a history for each record. We find our staff is able to quickly jump into Remedyforce and understand the tool with minimal training.

What needs improvement?

The tool is not missing any major features. A customer could benefit from additional Service Portal development.

Three to five years.

No issues. Uptime is very strong.

No issues.

Our company had previously used BMC Remedy 7, and it had became very outdated. It was also unfriendly to customize.

The cost may be higher, but it is backed up by the great product and superb customer service. Licensing should be reviewed and understood before making the purchase.

We looked at the latest version of on-premise Remedy

What other advice do I have?

Make sure BMC Remedyforce offers what you are looking for, and if it does, I highly recommend it to companies looking for a great ITSM tool.