BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite is the #10 ranked solution in top Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) tools. PeerSpot users give BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite is most commonly compared to Microsoft Intune: BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite vs Microsoft Intune. BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 65% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 19% of all views.
BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite Buyer's Guide

Download the BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite?

The BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite offers five editions to meet your enterprise’s evolving mobile needs. Growth can happen quickly, and the BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite is designed to provide a seamless transition to the more advanced capabilities in higher-level editions. The subscription model ensures predictable annual expenditures and eliminates upfront capital costs.

BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite was previously known as Good for Enterprise, Good Mobile Messaging, Ubitexx Ubi-Suite.

BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite Customers
Ashcourt Rowan, EMC Professional Services, Itochu, MBDA, North Hennepin Community College, PGGM, Rohde & Schwarz, US Navy
BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite Video

BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite Pricing Advice

What users are saying about BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite pricing:
  • "The licensing costs are paid on a yearly basis because we just renewed the license. If you have some big issue, they will also charge you."
  • "It was on a yearly support contract, and the licenses were perpetual. There was also the implementation cost and the support cost for the integrator."
  • "We currently pay by the year, but the licenses are calculated on a monthly basis."
  • "For the number of licenses, I believe it was approximately $500,000 per year, or for three years."
  • "We are paying $200 annually. You also need to have a hardware server or a license for the server so there could be some additional fees added on to that."
  • BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite Reviews

Deputy Technical Service Lead at Halodata
    Review about BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite
    • "Cylance, their newest antivirus product, is the most valuable feature for us so far."
    • "We cannot integrate BlackBerry Edit from BlackBerry Enterprise. BlackBerry Edit has issues when we are editing any document. We have other internal applications that we can use for documents, but we cannot edit into BlackBerry Edit. There's room for improvement with editing documents."

What is our primary use case?

For the use case, we are a mobility organization. Sometimes we do, because we are a reseller or end partner, also we are running on a system integration business. Almost every time we promote or doing installation in customers, so we need to check our email from mobile or our notebook but we cannot do that on our site laptop. We BYO there.

How has it helped my organization?

For the example, I think for technical documents, technical, when we send any technical document or any financial document, we can send it consecutively with BlackBerry Dynamics inside BlackBerry Enterprise. Yeah. I think that's the common example on our business.

What is most valuable?

Cylance, their newest antivirus product, is the most valuable feature for us so far.
    Then, for the BlackBerry Work also, BlackBerry Dynamics. We can editing some documents and deploy policy and we can [inaudible 00:06:55] the document or something, the image, to partner or our vendor.

What needs improvement?

For the purpose of better performance is we have some applications, internal applications, that work on document but when we did integration with BlackBerry Edit from BlackBerry Enterprise, yeah. I think that we failed. We failed on that integration.

We cannot integrate that BlackBerry Edit. BlackBerry Edit has issues for editing any document. We have other internal applications that can bring or field documents but cannot edit into BlackBerry Edit. There's room for improvement with editing documents.

When I was the [inaudible 00:09:48] for BlackBerry Enterprise, maybe they need to create... I'm so sorry. Because for month or once on a month, I need to delete database or some database logs from BlackBerry that use much [crosstalk 00:10:09]-

I think the database slow because the BlackBerry Enterprise, it have database that put inside SQL Server, so every month I need to check the hard disk if it is sufficient to handle the database files or not. Every month, I need to check hard disk, so if it's not sufficient or it's already full, I need to delete some logs.

I think on the UEM server, they can keep the database or hard disk performance, like approval. So from the UEM server, we can delete any file that is not used anymore. Yeah, something like that, I think.

BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite
    November 2022
    Learn what your peers think about BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
    654,218 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We have been using this solution for one year. We use the solution on-premises.

On the stability, yeah. For the stability, I think they need to... How to say? Because we always [inaudible 00:15:08], I think they have a good, the stability. Did you mean about the updated, right? The patching?

Currently, in all organization, we have around... Just for ITS, we have around 30... Yeah, 30.
    Some of them, their role is for the first, our country manager and then me and my leader.
    Currently I'm a consultant.

We didn't have any experience about the scalability but just under documentation, yeah. They support for high capability, but we actually didn't have any experience about that. When we [inaudible 00:16:29] we will think about that.

Maybe if we are going larger, our organization going larger, we will still use this product.
    For this product, I mean in organization, we have an ITS, IT solution department, and this product is used for our department, only for department. Yeah, because our other department is for resell. They currently don't use this.

Sometimes we have an issue in BlackBerry on requests. Support for the... Almost for the issue, they have the solution but I think they can improve the support by enable any chat. Yeah. They need to do chat support because currently they have not. We can only call them via email or phone. They need to enable chat support.

I think only that because I have also seen their knowledge base on their support portal. They have most of the issues already offered on the knowledge base for them.

We have previously used Team on the Run to control. For the first, it's about security because we are... Our daily jobs of editing and project documents, like technical documentation or like how I said earlier, it's a financial document. Any project document, we have to secure it either to customer, sender, or also partner. Then, the business using.

When I used Team on the Run, I can't put the pros of the Team on the Run. I can locate wherever the engineer goes. I mean, I can locate their location. That's currently not available on BlackBerry Enterprise. They are ongoing. For BlackBerry Enterprise, they are ongoing features on BlackBerry Persona, I think.

I haven't implemented on our organization. For the BlackBerry pros, the security because on the less experienced but the other employees or the engineers can manipulate their location. It's in effect, GPS.

It's in effect GPS. Then, they can actually... No. I mean, the differences between workplace and personal, it's... On the BlackBerry Enterprise on the mobile phone, we have personal and then workplace. We have two containers on our phones but on the other, on the TOTR, it's for only one. They don't have any containers.

I think for the people that join in IT business, in IT operations, that new on IT operations, I think that's complex on the setup. But some of us, I think it's not that complex.

I think the complex one step on the initial setup is integration to the Linux system. Yeah, because UEM server is... Integration to email server, you need to enable your email ActiveSync [inaudible 00:13:08]. Yeah.

When we implement our BlackBerry, I think it around one month to complete all integration and installation. We just installed single node on just UEM server, BlackBerry BEMS, or BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Server and integrate to email server and integrate to the server. I forget. But yeah, I think it's all one month to complete.

When we deployed, we referred to the BlackBerry documentation.

We just need two workers to maintain the BlackBerry Enterprise. A common role in our organization, they can be an engineer for our internal organization and they can be also a pre-sales engineer to customer.

I think yearly basis because we just renewed the license.

Ruchi Chauhan - PeerSpot reviewer
    Regional Business Manager at a consultancy with 201-500 employees
    Useful for addressing our data privacy and data security needs and accessing emails on the go, but the installation on the device could be simpler
    • "Access to the emails on the go was most valuable. Having access to your emails in a secure way is one of the most important features of this solution. Blackberry ensures data security, and as a user, I can use it while on roaming or wherever I am."
    • "The installations on the device could be simpler. It is a good solution, and all the features are there. So, there isn't a lot to improve. I'm sure they already have their thought process on how to improve it."

What is our primary use case?

Our use cases were only for mobile users. We had iOS and Android users for this. It was an on-prem deployment, and being in the UAE region, the concerns that were addressed with this were data privacy and data security. Data security was the most important thing, and that's why we deployed Blackberry and gave access to email, calendar, and certain enterprise applications.

We were most probably using version 11.

How has it helped my organization?

It helped us in getting faster turnaround times and responding to our customers from anywhere.

What is most valuable?

I also found it pretty easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The installations on the device could be simpler. It is a good solution, and all the features are there. So, there isn't a lot to improve. I'm sure they already have their thought process on how to improve it.

It was used for about eight years in my previous organization, and I used it for four years.

It is a stable solution.

Scalability was slightly complex because we had to wait for licenses to come before the configuration. Other than that, it was all good.

We had more than 700 users. We didn't have any plans to increase the usage because we were migrating from Blackberry to another solution.

We got support whenever we required it. There was hardly any delay because there was an integrator and a middleman. So, the support was good.

We used Citrix. We switched because Citrix was completely outdated. Not everything worked on Citrix. So, the transition was from Citrix to Blackberry and then to AirWatch.

It was fairly complex, especially for the on-prem installation. It could be made simpler.

In terms of duration, it probably took about three weeks to a month, but I'm not sure because it has been a while.

We had an integrator at that point in time from the company from which we purchased the solution.

For deployment and maintenance, we definitely needed one person because sometimes, we faced downtime with the solution, and sometimes, the software was going out of life. We had a team that was managing and maintaining the solutions as per the KPIs.

It was on a yearly support contract, and the licenses were perpetual.

There was also the implementation cost and the support cost for the integrator.

What other advice do I have?

You can always get a 30-day demo to start with. You should test it out small rather than going straight away big with a solution like this.

The biggest lesson learned from using this solution is that you have to be on your toes because anything can go down at any point in time. Blackberry is one solution that is used by the top heads of the company, so that's pretty sensitive.

I would rate it a seven out of 10.

BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite
    November 2022
    654,218 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Lynda Groulx - PeerSpot reviewer
    Technology Specialist at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Reliable, user-friendly, easy to implement, and stellar technical support
    • "The containerization of the workspace is what we have found to be the most valuable."
    • "The pain points for us would be the activation."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for our suite of smartphones. We have approximately 1,000 that are all Android.

What is most valuable?

It's really easy to implement.

It's very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

The pain points for us would be the activation.

We have been using BlackBerry since 2001.

We are currently using the latest version.

It is a reliable solution.

It's a scalable product. We started out with 20 users, moved up to a high of 1,400, and now back down to 1,000. It is very scalable.

We have 800 users in our organization.

At this time, we do not have plans to increase usage.

Technical support is stellar. I would rate them a five out of five.

We use both Blackberry and Intune.

We when installed it 20 years ago, the initial setup was pretty straightforward.

We are happy with the pricing.

Because we have a Microsoft tenant, we own Intune as part of our E5 licensing suite.

If we can get rid of Blackberry and go directly to Microsoft, we would have a cost-saving. However, currently, we've found that BlackBerry still offers us value over and above.

Intune is already baked in with the Microsoft tenant, but it's just not there yet.

What other advice do I have?

I definitely would recommend the solution.

We have an on-premises version but you would want to go cloud, for sure.

Intune is very proprietary and it doesn't integrate with a lot of non-Microsoft apps, whereas Blackberry is pretty open.

We don't utilize it as much as other companies do, and there are features that we have not incorporated such as virus protection.

They offer more than we use.

We are pretty happy with the product and it's really good. I would rate Blackberry Enterprise Mobility Suite a ten out of ten.

IT Mobility Support Analyst at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Helpful technical support, and performs well, but initial setup could be simplified
    • "Having access to our internet was extremely beneficial. We don't have that functionality now that we have switched to Microsoft Intune. It was definitely better with Blackberry."
    • "The interface could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We used BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite mainly for email, access to our local internet, and other such things.

Email and the internet are the primary applications.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The interface could be improved.

The user experience appears to be a little out of date.

I have been working with BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite for approximately seven years.

We no longer use it, but we did use Blackberry UEM or Unified Endpoint Management. We stopped using it within the last 12 months.

BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite is very stable.

They are constantly improving the scalability of BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite.

More collaborative features are being developed. I know they have integrations with a lot of other vendors and applications, and it's constantly growing.

Our company has approximately 3,000 users. I would say we have ten people for actual administrative roles with Blackberry.

Their technical support is actually quite good. It would be extremely valuable to me.

The fact that it is an on-premises solution adds to its complexity. There are numerous moving parts, such as databases and network servers.

Because I was not present during the initial deployment, I am unaware of how long it took.

There are features that cost extra depending on what you get such as library Sparks, Docs-To-Go, and a couple of others but we didn't have any.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite a seven out of ten.

IT Administrator Associate at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Complete security and control of company-owned devices though initial installment is complex

What is our primary use case?

We are able to secure and control all company-owned devices which is essential for us as a financial company.

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to separate personal information and in the event of a breach, we are able to turn off access and/or delete this information.

What is most valuable?

The security provided by the solution is excellent.

What needs improvement?

The initial installation could be simplified.

I have been using this solution for two and a half years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable. We currently have six users who are all ITT.

Technical support is good.

The first installation is very complicated but future installments are much easier.

We used an in-house UI team of two people who were also able to perform necessary testing.

We looked into MaaS360.

What other advice do I have?

Be sure to perform necessary research prior to purchase and be ready to perform tests.

Download our free BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: November 2022