IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Axway AMPLIFY Managed File Transfer OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Axway AMPLIFY Managed File Transfer is #9 ranked solution in top Managed File Transfer (MFT) tools. PeerSpot users give Axway AMPLIFY Managed File Transfer an average rating of 10 out of 10. Axway AMPLIFY Managed File Transfer is most commonly compared to Sterling Commerce Connect:Direct: Axway AMPLIFY Managed File Transfer vs Sterling Commerce Connect:Direct. Axway AMPLIFY Managed File Transfer is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 75% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.

Download the Managed File Transfer (MFT) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Axway AMPLIFY Managed File Transfer?
As a multi-protocol MFT gateway, Axway SecureTransport provides the flexibility you need to support virtually any MFT use case. Secure, manage, and track file flows among people and applications inside your enterprise, and beyond your firewall to your user communities, mobile devices, and the cloud. Perform high-volume automated file transfers between systems, sites, lines of business and external partners, to user-driven communications and mobile, folder- and portal-based file sharing.

Axway AMPLIFY Managed File Transfer was previously known as SecureTransport, Axway SecureTransport, AMPLIFY Managed File Transfer, AMPLIFY MFT.

Axway AMPLIFY Managed File Transfer Customers
BNP Paribas Securities Services, Bollor_, E.ON AG Group, BMW Group, IdenTrust, Gassco, International Post Corporation, SNCF, DB Schenker Logistics, Logius, CSCA, La Poste
Axway AMPLIFY Managed File Transfer Video

Archived Axway AMPLIFY Managed File Transfer Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user840219 - PeerSpot reviewer
Managed File Transfer Specialist at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Helps easily connect different environments but monitoring functionality needs work
  • "It makes a logical link between the inbound/outbound transfer, and makes it clearly visible. This is a very important feature for managing transfer with different environments, and it's very helpful in case of troubleshooting."
  • "The areas in need of improvement are the monitoring and the cut-off management, when needed. Today you have at least two solutions: Buy the other Axway suite, Sentinel, or integrate it into your monitoring system."
  • "Improvement in Data Encoding would be very appreciated (I'm thinking of ASCII-EBCDIC, ASCII-ASCII, etc.)."

What is our primary use case?

We have used it since 2009, creating a new MFT platform based on it; upgraded over the years.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps connect different environments (zOS, Windows, *nix, and others) with minimal effort.

What is most valuable?

The capability to write for my specific needs, meaning the possibility of easily extending the product features to get what I need. Also, it makes a logical link between the inbound/outbound transfer, and makes it clearly visible. This is a very important feature for managing transfer with different environments, and it's very helpful for troubleshooting.

What needs improvement?

The areas in need of improvement are the monitoring and the cutoff management, when needed. Today you have at least two solutions: Buy the other Axway suite, Sentinel, or integrate it into your monitoring system. Also, improvement in Data Encoding would be very appreciated (I'm thinking of ASCII-EBCDIC, ASCII-ASCII, etc.).
Managed File Transfer (MFT)
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Axway, IBM, Progress Software and others in Managed File Transfer (MFT). Updated: June 2022.
610,229 professionals have used our research since 2012.

More than five years.

No issues. Up to today, the limits are related to the OS.

Not yet.

Very good support, a high rating for onsite, phone, and web support.

We chose this solution to extend functionalities, not to switch.

The setup is quite easy and very affordable for any sys admin. My experience is limited to Windows Server systems only.

Pricing and licensing are related to the protocols you choose to support.

At that time, 2009, there was a solution available from Sterling (today IBM) and another from Primeur.

What other advice do I have?

For basic functions it's easy to onboard, it just requires a bit of effort. To go further, it can be helpful to know a programming language (I choose Perl because I'm used to it). It's a good product to work with.
Vishwas Nallabelli - PeerSpot reviewer
Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Some of the valuable features are file transfers and tracking.

What is most valuable?

• File transfers
  • Tracking
  • Robustness
  • Security

How has it helped my organization?

The entire organization is using this product for external and internal file transfers. This makes it a central hub for transfers.

What needs improvement?

Linking file transfer transactions to give end-to-end visibility.

I have used Secure Transport for four years.

We have had no major stability issues.

I would give technical support a rating of 9/10.

We didn’t have a previous solution.

The pricing is decent.

We evaluated IBM Sterling Integrator and IBM Sterling File Gateway.

What other advice do I have?

Ensure that you are on the latest version and have the best support package for a quick resolution from the vendor.

Download our free Managed File Transfer (MFT) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Axway, IBM, Progress Software, and more!
Updated: June 2022
Product Categories
Managed File Transfer (MFT)