Aruba Networks Wireless WAN OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Aruba Networks Wireless WAN is the #4 ranked solution in top Wireless WAN tools. PeerSpot users give Aruba Networks Wireless WAN an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Aruba Networks Wireless WAN is most commonly compared to Cambium Networks Wireless WAN: Aruba Networks Wireless WAN vs Cambium Networks Wireless WAN. Aruba Networks Wireless WAN is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 57% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 25% of all views.
Aruba Networks Wireless WAN Buyer's Guide

Download the Aruba Networks Wireless WAN Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2022

What is Aruba Networks Wireless WAN?

Aruba Networks Wireless Wide Area Network (WAN) is a powerful WAN solution that enables organizations and businesses to create global networks that securely connect their members regardless of their locations. Aruba Networks Wireless WAN leverages AI to create a network that is always equipped to address issues or keep up with evolving needs. The operations that run on this network are also capable of running consistently because the AI is always learning and keeping the network running smoothly. The cutting-edge build of this solution is the reason that it is a leader in the field of wide area networks.

Aruba Networks Wireless WAN Benefits

Some of the benefits of using Aruba Networks Wireless WAN include:

• Minimize the costs associated with cloud integrations. Aruba Networks Wireless WAN enables users to automate the process by which networks connect to cloud and SaaS services. This reduces the total amount of resources that need to be spent on these integrations.
  • Track the health of a network using real-time tracking. Aruba Networks Wireless WAN gives administrators the ability to keep track of different network health metrics. It possesses a variety of different tracking capabilities that can be used to best meet a user’s needs.
  • Increased network efficiency. Aruba Networks Wireless WAN’s AI software leverages machine learning to identify issues before they arise and recommend solutions when an issue arises. It enables users to be proactive in dealing with network issues.

Aruba Networks Wireless WAN Features

When users deploy Aruba Networks Wireless WAN, they gain access to a number of very powerful and useful features. These features include:

• Unified network policy enforcement. Aruba’s Dynamic Segmentation feature connects all aspects of a user’s WAN. In doing so, it ensures that all network policies are enforced uniformly across every portion of the network.
  • Dynamic Path Steering (DPS). Aruba Networks Wireless WAN’s DPS feature keeps a user’s network running smoothly. It directs traffic running through the network to the uplink that is most appropriate for it. This minimizes potential network latency.

• WAN Compression. This feature makes it possible for users to route more traffic through a given WAN circuit at times of high congestion. It compresses traffic so that the network circuit can better accommodate the increased activity.

Reviews from Real Users

Aruba Networks Wireless WAN allows users to create, deploy, and manage wide area networks. It is a highly flexible solution that provides system engineers with many options when they are designing and rolling out their networks. Administrators can produce networks that are easily configured, rolled out, and monitored from anywhere in the world. Aruba Networks Wireless WAN has a centralized management interface. Administrators can control every aspect of the network from one console. They can access all of the network controls and data from this one interface. This simplifies the jobs of network administrators who are responsible for keeping the networks up and running.

A network engineer at a technology company writes, “I feel that Aruba allows for more flexibility when it comes to configuration and deployment. Aruba gives you the same feeling as using a controller on-prem, whereas Meraki seems to be hiding a lot of the configuration behind the scenes and forces you to actually call them and ask them to enable certain features. So far, using Aruba Central is more like using an actual controller based on the amount of configuration you can do. Meraki just came out with profiles, but as far as I know, they don't have profiles for how your device connects to the actual physical LAN.”

A network and security engineer at a communications service provider writes, “The most valuable feature of Aruba Networks Wireless WAN is centralized management capability. You don't have to have wireless LAN controllers at every location.”

Aruba Networks Wireless WAN Customers

The Pittsburgh Golf Club, Rio Rancho Public Schools, Amwaj Rotana - Jumeirah Beach Residence - Dubai, Trevecca Nazarene University

Aruba Networks Wireless WAN Video

Archived Aruba Networks Wireless WAN Reviews (more than two years old)

Mesut Ozcan - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Solutions Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to deploy, but the dashboards can be better and technical support should be improved
  • "The most valuable feature is the ease of setup and deployment."
  • "Technical support is important to me and I feel that it is something that can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We are a tech consultancy firm and this is one of the solutions that we implement for our clients. When our clients are looking for a local wireless environment, this solution can fit their needs.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ease of setup and deployment.

What needs improvement?

The dashboards can be made much more useful.

Technical support is important to me and I feel that it is something that can be improved.

I would like to see support for SD-WAN.

The inclusion of firewall features would be an improvement.

We have been working with Aruba Wireless WAN for three years.

Aruba Networks Wireless WAN
December 2022
Learn what your peers think about Aruba Networks Wireless WAN. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2022.
656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We have had no problems with stability.

This is a scalable solution. We have customers of all sizes, ranging from small businesses to enterprise-level organizations.

We have been in touch with technical support and they are good enough, although there is room for improvement.

We have also worked with Cisco wireless solutions. The price of Aruba is better but Cisco's technical support is superior.

The initial setup and deployment are easy. Installing a single device can be done in two or three hours. However, some projects will continue for up to 12 days because there are a large number of devices.

We deploy this solution for our customers. Often, we also deploy switches and other network equipment at the same time.

The price of this solution is better than some other vendors.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and my advice for anybody who is considering it is that they can solve a lot of issues with Aruba. I think that it is okay for most of our customers.

I would rate this solution a five out of ten.

Reviewera131909 - PeerSpot reviewer
Assistant Manager at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A user-friendly solution for our centralized wireless service

What is our primary use case?

This solution provides our wireless network service. We use it as a centralized wireless hub in our network.

What is most valuable?

The GUI is user-friendly and the dashboards are good.

What needs improvement?

We have had stability issues with some types of portable devices.

We have been using Aruba Wireless WAN since 2018.

We had some stability issues with wireless devices such as laptops and tablets, but it turned out to be a bug and it was fixed in the latest version.

This solution is scalable and we have approximately 500 users.

We speak with our vendor for technical support and do not contact Aruba directly.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a very good product. It is stable and I recommend it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Aruba Networks Wireless WAN
December 2022
656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1288941 - PeerSpot reviewer
Director de Negocio. Redes, Comunicaciones y Seguridad at Avanti21 Sistemas y telecomunicaciones, S.L.
An industrial-level Wi-Fi solution with good performance and is easy to deploy
  • "The most valuable features are price, quality, and performance."
  • "This solution needs different models that are more specialized for certain customers."

What is our primary use case?

I am a system integrator and this is one of the solutions that I implement for my customers.

My customers use the Aruba Wireless WAN for Wi-Fi connectivity and network connectivity. It is typically used in an industrial setting.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are price, quality, and performance.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Aruba Networks products since they first were available in Spain, many years ago.

The stability depends more on the customers, their environment, and how they are using the product. The product is used frequently.

Our customers are medium-sized and large businesses.

I deal with the technical support team for Aruba and they are nice. The support is fine.

I have used many other similar solutions including those by Extreme Networks, Cisco, Ruckus Networks, and Huawei. Huawei is the market leader in this domain.

The initial setup of this solution is simple and I would say that it works fine. It only takes a few minutes to deploy.

We perform the installation for our customers.

The price of this solution is approximately 1,000,000 ESP ($6,750 USD).

What other advice do I have?

Aruba has good enterprise solutions that I provide to my customers. I would suggest using it with it together with a good network that has the proper security set up.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Business Director at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
A reliable access point that is easy to install and configure

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution as an access point for my local Wi-Fi.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is reliability. Once this solution is installed it works very well.

What needs improvement?

The pricing for the Aruba Wireless WAN should be improved.

In the next release, the security should be improved by including support for WPA3.

I have been using Aruba Wireless WAN for about two years.

This is very stable and the main reason that I chose this product. It has been running for two years and has always been online.

We have between 20 and 30 devices that are connected.

I have not had to contact support. I just installed it and used it.

It is very easy to install and set up.

What other advice do I have?

This is a very good product that I would recommend for other people.

It has all of the features I need but it could have a lower price.

Mesut Ozcan - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Solutions Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Connects all of our end-users to the network via the wireless access point

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to connect all our end-users to the network via the wireless access point.

What is most valuable?

I have found the technical support to be one of the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

Something that needs to be improved is the integration.

I have been using Aruba Networks Wireless WAN for more than three years now.

We haven't experienced any glitches so far, so it is a very stable program.

I am more than satisfied with the program's scalability. We've had no issues so far. We have over 500 users, and one person is more than enough for the maintenance.

Yes, we used Cisco before, but we switched to Aruba because of the price. Cisco was too expensive.

The initial setup was really straightforward and the deployment took us a few months to complete. Our team was responsible for the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I will definitely recommend this solution to others. I would like to see better integration in the next release. On a scale from one to 10, I will rate this product an eight.

Project Manager at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
Has good market value and offers good support for the deployment

What is our primary use case?

We have this solution on our standalone sites operating with indoor and outdoor access points connected to a controller. It has multiple access IDs in the campus area.

What is most valuable?

The brand name is good for availability. It has a better market value than other vendors. This solution is more for enterprise-sized companies as opposed to SMBs.

All the features are available, even including the security. The access point enables the matching of any connectivity.

What needs improvement?

From the commercial-side the pricing side is fine but in other aspects, it could be lowered.

We have been using Aruba for the last three to four years.

The customers are definitely happy with the stability.

Scalability is good.

I would give their technical support a ten out of ten.

We are system integrators, so we prefer to work with a vendor who offers support with deployments.

They are very knowledgeable and very accurate.

The initial setup was straightforward. It took around a day.

We integrated with Aruba's help. Aruba's support is very strong. It's one of the best features, their support is very good. There's support for any problem you could have during the configuration or installation. With their help, you don't need a consultant to deploy.

We deployed it with our own technician. We only needed one or two.

What other advice do I have?

Aruba is a very good product. Make sure to train your technicians for this product.

I would rate it a ten out of ten.

Network Engineer at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Controller with access points that is stable and easy to setup

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to control access and bandwidth.

It is used for the RTLS tracking devices that are supported by Aruba and we are going to test it in our environment.

What is most valuable?

We don't know this product very well yet, but what we have used so far and what we like are user control, bandwidth, and access. For each access point, there is one that controls the application, the layer and bandwidth quota.

What needs improvement?

The support needs improvement because it is not very good in terms of response time. It takes to long to resolve issues.

We have been using this solution for two to three months.

In the short time that we have been using this solution, it has been stable, and we haven't had any issues.

This solution is scalable.

At the moment we have one hundred users, but our target is more than three thousand.

The technical support is okay, but the response time is not very good. It takes too long to resolve the issues.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was easy.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Network Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Central mobility controller can manage everything instead of having the independent or basic cellular setup
  • "The product keeps up with leading-edge technology so we have dependability and scalability."
  • "This product needs more flecibility with switching technologies."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is to provide wireless network access for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The newest features and options allow us to use leading-edge functionality like the central mobility controller which can manage everything instead of having the independent or basic cellular kind of setup. Bigger enterprise-level configuration and policy pushing will become easier with Mobility Master and that will provide better services for our clients.

What needs improvement?

The wireless options could be improved to expand the set of features. From a switching perspective, there should be a little more flexibility so there are opportunities to use a broader variety of switch models compared to competing product options. I don't really know specifically what they need to have and improve, just that they continue to keep up with emerging technologies and continue to expand the capabilities of their services.

We have been using this solution for almost eight years.

Scalability is good with Aruba. You can control and support any feature, unlike in Cisco where we have found limitations. Specific controllers have got specific iOS features. The features can be scaled from smaller controllers to bigger controllers, so you can scale at anytime, no matter what cloud the controller is on. You can also start with the cloud or start with on-premises and go back to the controller base at any time.

We have been in touch with Aruba technical support and I would rate them as pretty good. They have been responsive and answer our questions.

The initial setup is fairly straightforward.

Depending on different models you get different capabilities and flexibility. Based on the core components we can have greater coverage or limited access sites.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Aruba Network Wireless as an eight. It is not a ten. Nothing can be a ten out of ten or it would have to be the best product or the only product providing a service.

MohammedMurshed - PeerSpot reviewer
CEO at Alam Khwarizm
Good performance that allows us to perform mobile screen sharing

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we have experience providing solutions such as this one to our customers.

We currently have a customer who uses this solution in a school.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the streaming of screen sharing. Our customer needs to broadcast screens from tablets and iPads.

The performance of this access point is better than the commercial one.

We have been able to manage this solution using Wavefront.

What needs improvement?

The solution would be improved with a better interface.

We have been using this solution for one year.

This is a very stable solution.

We can expand our control and management by adding more access points. We haven't done this yet but we are hoping that we can expand it easily.

We have not had to contact technical support for this solution.

The installation of this solution was easy for us.

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that I recommend.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

EmadSafwat - PeerSpot reviewer
Managing Partner at ODEC Technology Solutions
Perfect scalability, and great stability with no need for a physical controller
  • "The solution is overall a great product. The stability is one of the best aspects of it. It's also useful in helping control multiple access points. You don't need to have a physical controller like other brands."
  • "The initial setup has a lot of options, which makes it very versatile yet very complicated to install. There should be two modes: a basic mode and then a more advanced mode to help make implementation easier. Most of the time, if it's a small installation, you don't need the complexity. You shouldn't need higher expertise in order to install a couple of access points in a single place."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for expanding the capabilities of the network to wireless devices.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

In some models, you need to buy the antenna separately. They should put the antenna in the box and make it a full product. The non-antenna option does not work as well. Also, if you're not very aware, you might just buy the model that doesn't include the antenna and then you have to wait for a very long time for the antenna to arrive. It's not a good idea to sell it without the antenna. It's an unnecessary additional cost.

The initial setup has a lot of options, which makes it very versatile yet very complicated to install. There should be two modes: a basic mode and then a more advanced mode to help make implementation easier. Most of the time, if it's a small installation, you don't need the complexity. You shouldn't need higher expertise in order to install a couple of access points in a single place.

I've been using the solution since the HP acquisition.

The stability of the solution is good.

The scalability of the solution is perfect. When you first start to use it, you have an increased amount of access points, and when you extend the network it's very easy. We have about 25-50 devices.

We've never had to contact technical support, so I don't have any experience to speak to.

The initial setup is okay, but only if you know what you are doing. Deployment takes a few hours.

I handled the implementation myself.

The solution is more expensive than other similar solutions, but it's worth the price.

What other advice do I have?

We're an Aruba partner.

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Information Technology Network Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Reseller
Vendor-agnostic solution which is both stable and secure
  • "It integrates with the Aruba portfolio very easily, and it's a vendor-agnostic solution, and that's brilliant."

What is our primary use case?

For campus installations, student residences, universities, and small community enterprises. The performance is excellent.

How has it helped my organization?

It enhances the user experience and the security of internal access is excellent.

What is most valuable?

It's stable and secure with a lot of functionality. It integrates with the Aruba portfolio very easily, and it's a vendor-agnostic solution, and that's brilliant.

What needs improvement?

I'm looking forward to the release of AirWave 10.

Brilliant. Excellent. Very scalable and very easy to scale it as well, if you plan it accordingly.

I used it once and I received very good technical support. Whomever I spoke to answered pretty quickly. If they can't answer there and then you get a call back a day or two later.

Still, I would like to see a quicker response in the support environment.

I didn't switch. It was just the solution that was here. Coming from Cisco and other systems, Aruba actually did leave a good mark on me compared to how other systems operate and work.

My most important criteria when selecting a vendor would be

• the quality of the product
    • the support behind it
    • the stability of the environment in real life, not in a demo environment.

I did it myself, so it is pretty simple.

What other advice do I have?

Approach HPE for Aruba. Also, stick with a technical team of consultants to design it and then go the market with a solution from HPE and get the value added reseller to do the necessary work.

I would rate Aruba at nine out of 10. There are always things that can be improved. But generally, out of the whole portfolio of solutions, Aruba stands out very much.

it_user648573 - PeerSpot reviewer
    Networking Sales Specialist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Reseller
    Ease of installation leads to cost savings

What is most valuable?

Ease of installation.

How has it helped my organization?

We've got a remote site. We can only ship an access point to them and a zero touch provisioning, so we don't need an IT person on the other side. This saves us a lot of money.

What needs improvement?

The management software. The graphical user interface could do with some improvement, a bit of decluttering.

Three years.

No, not at all. It's very stable. The benefit of Aruba over Meraki is that even with the management software (subscription based) if you don't pay your subscription, the software still work. It's good that the wireless access points still work, unlike with Meraki.

Yeah, it's normal. The instant access points without a controller, scales to about 90 access points. If you want beyond that, then you can use the same access points, then add a controller.

We have not called as we've got in-house capabilities.

We used HPE MSM. HPE replaced that with Aruba, and that's why we followed.

No, it was very easy. Very straightforward.

Our most recent installation was for a school and included 91 instant access points with five floors.

Yeah. We looked at Meraki.

What other advice do I have?

They need to look at the scalability. How easy it is to set up for them, because there are actual software features that you get with Aruba that you don't get with the other vendors like location aware and guest access management. Those are the kind of things that Aruba does much better than the likes of Meraki. On top of that, Ruckus, as a company, is not that stable because they've been bought and sold about two or three in the last few years.

Atholl Wilkinson - PeerSpot reviewer
    Atholl WilkinsonNetwork Administrator/Manager with 51-200 employees
    User

We have an HPE MSM 720 which is now EOL and are looking at installing a new wireless system. One of those we are investigating to replace our existing kit is Aruba.

Data Centre Technician at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
    Still offering us the solution we need but unhappy with the new controller upgrades

You have to ask yourself why when a company is solid secure and doing well do they choose to upset their customers by saying that the last refresh of controllers are going end of life and the new controllers will not be able to talk to the old ones as they will no longer be supporting security upgrades to any of the older controllers.  As they are still on the expensive side and much better systems like the Cisco Meraki are available now, why would you "cut your nose off to spite your face".  We have just heavily invested in 2014 in expanding our network to ensure one access point is shared by no more than 15 users, so why now would we want to replace the whole sites WIFI again so we can remain security compliant.  This is poor show and I expect other less cash rich companies will have to live with what they have got and replace piecemeal as they fail or can afford.  In hard financial times do you really screw your existing customers so that you can sell more product, wouldn't work for us in our industry, and is this part of the reason IT gets such a hard press from almost every company, always costing money never saving enough to be appreciated.

Aruba works very well for us here at our corporate HQ and it is easy to add additional points and configure and monitor them through the controller, and the ability to issue daily, weekly or long term guest access has been a real boon with all the consultants that we use. While it might be towards the expensive side of the market it is robust and certainly does the job for us.

We have continued to expand this network and we now have coverage over the whole site of 1500 employees and guests and we plan to expand in the future into our distribution warehouse where a further 600 people are employed.  The system is easy to manage and still through our third party installer/monitor offer us a robust solution so much so that the planned main IT refit at the tail end of 2015 is planned as a fully wireless solution with only some exception zones for large file transfers and updates and printers being cabled solutions.  Watch this space to see in early 2016 how this has gone and if wireless is still the way to take IT programming and design development forward.

Download our free Aruba Networks Wireless WAN Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: December 2022